Jul 7, 2004
somewhere ;)
✟2,601.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mrstace said:
Now that you are a thirtysomething, what do you do for fun? When you want to do something just for enjoyment and nothing else. What is appropriate for someone who is a thritysomething to do for fun??

I often go to the senoir center for a game of bingo. ;) j/k, but it might not be bad idea...

Watch my dentures soak and the drive cars slowly like those little precious older ladies who get in front of you when you're in a hurry. ^_^ :p (Joking!)
(Actually I think my former Bible teacher before I moved drove about as fast as me or faster! lol)

I've actually gone to Bingo, but it wasn't a senior center.
I've done cake walks, face painting (at home and at church), etc.
Taken child places like to park to swing on the swing set next to her, ride the merry go round, feed the ducks and geese. Also taken her to festivals (Octoberfest/Fall festival), parties, the zoo, carnaval, to my previous Bible teacher's house.
Blow bubbles off the top of the loft and watch my child scramble to get them or to get out of the way.
Act silly to make child laugh. Entertain child. Laugh with child.
Laugh at the jokes people make on CF.
Watch t.v. (if you want I can list shows I watch)
Get on the p.c. and post here. :) Also playing a couple MSN games & or juggling CF posting and the games: http://zone.msn.com/en/betrapped/default
http://zone.msn.com/en/cubis2/default.htm
(I just keep clicking on the play now option).
And "surfing the web" (cowabunga!)
Since my husband, daughter, and I have fairly recently moved, opening boxes of stuff sometimes becomes a surprise in each box (You should have seen my husband ripping through them acting more excited than me lol), but after a while it gets boring.
Seeing how much money I can save husband when I grocery shop.
Listening to radio while driving by self.
Read magazines/books while waiting for child to get off van stop.
And one of my favorites:
Sleep. :)

I'll add more on later as I come up with them ( I guess my role of entertaining daughter has now started hee hee-undivided attention).

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟385,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Read, Jog, ride my bike, draw, work on my photography, go sailing, daydream, practice my keyboard and trombone skills, study, play with the cat (he likes to chase after a little soccer ball), create new Lord of the Rings scenes with my nefews, general visits with friends and family, go for long drives in my Camaro while listening to favorite CDs etc.

Upvote 0

HollyHobbie

Nov 4, 2005
State of confusion
✟16,234.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Spare time whats that ???? I have 2 autistic kids and a husband . But when I get it I like to do Volenteer work ! I do alot of writing ,Poetry,songs, kids stories, I surf the net do jigsaw and word puzzles and play games on the computer,and even play with my game boy ! ....games.

I also penpal people, Oh and pick my nose !!!

Did you know ? That you can pick your nose ,you can pick your friends nose but you can't wipe your freinds on the couch l !!!! lol ! ..........sorry couldn't resist....or could I.

Love In Christ
Holly Hobbie
Laura

Upvote 0

HollyHobbie

Nov 4, 2005
State of confusion
✟16,234.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
JPPT1974 said:
I do a thing called Taebo
It is a mixture of dancing, martial arts, and kickboxing.
I love it!
Sounds like a good way to stay fit ! hey maybe it would help me get rid of jello belly lol !

Eh really I'm a really skinny person I just hide it under a roll of fat so it don't get scratched !!!! ^_^ ^_^

Love In Christ
Holly Hobbie
Laura

Upvote 0

searchingforGodlyanswers

Jul 7, 2004
somewhere ;)
✟2,601.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JPPT1974 said:
I do a thing called Taebo
It is a mixture of dancing, martial arts, and kickboxing.
I love it!

Do you take classes or do the videos?

I have a whole bunch of the Billy Blanks Tae Bo videos that I got from Dollar General for only $1.00 (plus tax) each.

:eek: I just noticed the video I have on my pc desk has a yin yang sign between the Tae and the Bo! :eek: Does that mean it's like a lot of yoga practices? :confused: :sigh: They don't seem to have anything in the movies that I have seen yet that I recognize as being something Christians should not practice...:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

romaneagle13

Oct 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
✟8,539.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I are into sports. We have season tickets to soccer and hockey games. We watch college and NFL football on tv, especially with my in-laws. We play games alot--his family is big into Euchre and other card games. I do scrapbooking and singing. My husband likes to ride motorcycles with his friends and he's really into photography a lot. We also like to travel, go to the movies, theater, concerts, and opera.

Upvote 0

charligirl

Senior Veteran
Aug 26, 2003
London
✟17,471.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At the moment 'fun' is a trip out of the house... anywhere (I have an 8 week old and and breastfeeding!) :)

Before that my best fun things to do would be having friends over for a meal and a bottle of wine followed by a great board game, or a meal at a nice restaurant, or a country walk followed by a nice pub meal with a warm fire :).... hey, look at thart, they all include food!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristyLover

Nov 17, 2005
Idaho
✟7,764.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I like to go to baseball games, play baseball with teens, play fantasy baseball, collect baseball cards and watch baseball. I like to watch college football and some basketball. I usually watch TV while I am posting as well!!

None of which my wife likes. I do enjoy watching movies and going to the mall with her too. We like to travel together as well.

Upvote 0

Josh3908

Dec 27, 2005
Naboo
✟15,608.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I play baseball (and coach) competetively, play basketball for fun, rock climb, mountian bike, skateboard, workout, mess around on the computer, watch movies, TP peoples cars, play pool sometimes, lazer tag, listen to punk rock music. Go watch baseball and basketball games.

Pretty much exactly what I did 10+ years ago.

Upvote 0

ericmartens

Dec 30, 2005
✟7,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do I do for fun? well, my wife and I have weekends off and we are devout fulltime parents and LOVE it. We took our son and daughter to the park for kite flying, scooters and family fun! Every day is a blessing, but today , the last day of the year, just seemed so perfect, I never wanted it to end!

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What I do versus what I would LIKE to do....

DO: surf the net, play with the cats, snooze, listen to music and usually make up my own twisted lyrics, take a walk, take a drive, get lost in crime shows on tv, read, stare up at the stars and/or moon at night and daydream I'm in BC

Want to do: attend as many hockey games as possible, ride roller coasters, travel to state parks and actually spend time there, play frisbee (need a partner!), play games, relax by the water (no water in Indiana worth looking at....)

I'm sure there are more. :)

Upvote 0