So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe in Sola Scriptura, Tota Scriptura, Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Sola Christus, Sol Deo Gloria, the Inerrancy of Scripture, the All-Sufficiency of Scripture.

In these days, especially what I have found on this website, that is pretty controversial.
So Jesus was a sheep? Cool.

Upvote 0

Cyprezz

Twin #2
Jan 16, 2013
✟26,923.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Jesus wasn't white skinned, blue eyed
upload_2017-4-25_8-39-7.jpeg

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
im·mi·nent
ˈimənənt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    about to happen.
    "they were in imminent danger of being swept away"
    synonyms: impending, close (at hand), near, (fast) approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, just around the corner, coming down the pike, expected, anticipated, brewing, looming, threatening, menacing;
    informalin the cards
    "a ceasefire was imminent"

So where does The Christian from, say, 1250AD, who wrongly believed and taught Christ's return was at that time "Imminent" fall in that distinction?
There weren't wrong in their belief. To believe that the return of Christ is imminent is to believe that it could occur at any moment, which it could. Which is why we are to "keep watch" (Matthew 25:13). What's the alternative? To believe that the return of Christ will happen in the distant future (which we have no way of knowing), or to believe that Christ has already returned, which is erroneous.

Upvote 0

FaithfulPilgrim

Eternally Seeking
Feb 8, 2015
South Carolina
✟39,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I voted for annihilationism, but I neither affirm it nor deny it, I just consider it to be a doctrine a Christian can believe in and still be considered "orthodox." I find arguments for annihilationism to be very compelling, but I don't officially accept it.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There weren't wrong in their belief. To believe that the return of Christ is imminent is to believe that it could occur at any moment, which it could.

Not according to scripture. The timing of that day was already appointed (Acts 17:31), it's not a moving target based on the whim of God at any given moment.

Which is why we are to "keep watch" (Matthew 25:13).

And those Christian from the 1200's who did not keep watch?
Are they still saved?

What's the alternative? To believe that the return of Christ will happen in the distant future (which we have no way of knowing)

What is wrong with that?
The fact my life could end tomorrow is a far greater motivator for me to live a pious life than some unknown potential for Christ's return to happen before I die... Clearly every Christian from every generation prior to ours who steadfastly watched for His coming died without it happening, Just as every Christian from every generation prior to ours who did NOT watch for it.

I don't really see a reason to claim they all watched in vain but if WE watch it wont be in vain.

or to believe that Christ has already returned, which is erroneous.

No more erroneous than claiming ours is REALLY the final generation, even though every generation prior to ours had folks who believed THEIRS was....

Upvote 0

inkaboutit

Apr 19, 2017
CA
✟9,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I voted none. I believe in the Holy Bible and believe it should be our guide during this short life here on earth. Some people actually consider this to be controversial.

*************inkaboutit4u.com reply ****************

I agree.

So then why do people run to Bible commentary to find truth. They will find the "traditions of Men" teaching per their religion. God said to pray and ask God for wisdom.

Sex and the Bible. Most all Churches all religions, teaching on sexual freedom is wrong and NOT from the Bible at all.

They use wrong sexual word terms definitions.

Ever ask yourself why a Catholic Nun dress like Muslim?
Ever ask yourself why sexual teaching is getting more and more like Muslim sexual teachings?

To me Muslim is opposite of Christians. Muslim have opposite Gods. Christians worship Creator Jehovah God, Muslims worship 2 pagan idols in Mecca. One of the idols is a "black stone" meteorite. So why do they have same sexual teachings?? They should be opposite but if you research the Bible that is what you discover.

So how do you find the correct Bible sexual definitions. Answer, ask God for wisdom and then start at Genesis and pray and go forward.

If you do that, which a numbers of other have and they come up with similar answers.

For Example: they said masturbation is a sin. But the Bible says it is NOT a sin but a gift of God for all to enjoy.

Leviticus 15:16-20 clearly describes masturbation and clearly shows that under the most strictest of all ceremonial laws clearly a sin offering IS NOT require at all. Meaning it clearly is NOT a sin. That would also include the normal loving sexual fantasies that would go along with it both in Bible day and today.

But today if you do research on masturbation on the web, many religion web sites want to tell you it is a sin. Totally wrong per the Bible. They take Bible verses totally out of context, that do not even talk about masturbation at all.

Fornication clearly has the wrong definition. They want to tell you that fornication is single sex. Totally wrong. Common sense tells you that is wrong. When you compare 1 Corinthians 10:8 to Numbers 25:1-9 , Numbers 31 ,

You clearly understand that Paul himself defines fornication as the "joining in with the pagan fertility Baal god worship". This was done in all the Bible days. Pagan worshiper surround both Hebrews and Christians . They were the biggest religion of the Bible days. They would seduce and bait the Hebrews and Christian to join them in worshiping their pagan fertility Baal god by using sex.

God gave all creation sexual freedom at creation.

King David knew this unlimited virgin available to him. ( 2 Samuel 12:8 ) .

King Solomon clearly understood this unlimited virgin available to him. (Song of Solomon 6:8)

But this pagan worship of fertility pagan god is a major violation of both Hebrews first commandment and the Christians Law of Love. Worship only Jehovah God no other god.

The Church ignores this super major violation and only focus on the sex. Sex was only the bait to get them to worship the pagan god. Pagans took advantage of God given sexual freedom he gave all creation at creation to bait them to join in with the pagan worship. God got very angry that they join in the worship of this fertility pagan Baal god. Not the sex per say.

Where the Churches "traditions of men" wrong definition they create a new plan of salvation , Jesus plus anti-sex, anti-nudity to go to heaven. There "tradition of men" definition create major contradictions in the Bible. Their wrong, "tradition of men" definition creates many problems. Their definition does not even fit in the Bible at all.

On my web site i have a free ebook "Divine Sex"by Philo Thelos
Liberating Sex from Religious Tradition.

The present wrong sexual definitions is part of the Catholic corrupt times of indulgences money for sins. We still have the wrong sexual definitions today. The Catholic Church to get more indulgence money declare sex to be a sin. The Bible does not.

Upvote 0

Flash Gordon

God does what He says
Feb 7, 2017
Esperance
Visit site
✟10,692.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe there is no place called heaven except for the realm of Glory that God lives in, and it is God’s will for the full expression and existence of the realm of Glory to fill the earth, to thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Not according to scripture. The timing of that day was already appointed (Acts 17:31), it's not a moving target based on the whim of God at any given moment.

And those Christian from the 1200's who did not keep watch?
Are they still saved?

What is wrong with that?
The fact my life could end tomorrow is a far greater motivator for me to live a pious life than some unknown potential for Christ's return to happen before I die... Clearly every Christian from every generation prior to ours who steadfastly watched for His coming died without it happening, Just as every Christian from every generation prior to ours who did NOT watch for it.

I don't really see a reason to claim they all watched in vain but if WE watch it wont be in vain.

No more erroneous than claiming ours is REALLY the final generation, even though every generation prior to ours had folks who believed THEIRS was....

To be watchful of Christ's return is an attitude of faith, not marking the calendar. It is not the same as believing "that ours is REALLY the final generation."

Upvote 0

waawaashkeshi

Oct 29, 2012
✟8,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't believe you can sin your whole life out to the max knowing what you are doing the whole time and expect it all to go away with a prayer when you die.
I don't believe that God's covenants made with other people around the world were suddenly invalid after Jesus came back from the dead. In other words I don't think American Indians following a godly monotheistic religion started going to hell after Jesus resurrection just because the conditions of salvation in heaven had changed especially without their knowledge.
I don't believe the ancient Israelites had a better relationship with God then we do today. The old testament is full of examples where they made mistakes and had to make adjustments to their religious beliefs and practices.
I still wonder what the mystery is as to why Jesus has not returned yet and do not think it is unwise to make life plans assuming he won't be doing it in your lifetime. I am of course referring to things like money matters, life goals etc. I can't tell you how many people I have met who refused to make certian life plans because they think that to do so means they think they have lost faith in Jesus return before that time which would of course means not being taken up in the rapture.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
*************inkaboutit4u.com reply ****************

I agree.

So then why do people run to Bible commentary to find truth. They will find the "traditions of Men" teaching per their religion. God said to pray and ask God for wisdom.

Sex and the Bible. Most all Churches all religions, teaching on sexual freedom is wrong and NOT from the Bible at all.

They use wrong sexual word terms definitions.

Ever ask yourself why a Catholic Nun dress like Muslim?
Ever ask yourself why sexual teaching is getting more and more like Muslim sexual teachings?

To me Muslim is opposite of Christians. Muslim have opposite Gods. Christians worship Creator Jehovah God, Muslims worship 2 pagan idols in Mecca. One of the idols is a "black stone" meteorite. So why do they have same sexual teachings?? They should be opposite but if you research the Bible that is what you discover.

So how do you find the correct Bible sexual definitions. Answer, ask God for wisdom and then start at Genesis and pray and go forward.

If you do that, which a numbers of other have and they come up with similar answers.

For Example: they said masturbation is a sin. But the Bible says it is NOT a sin but a gift of God for all to enjoy.

Leviticus 15:16-20 clearly describes masturbation and clearly shows that under the most strictest of all ceremonial laws clearly a sin offering IS NOT require at all. Meaning it clearly is NOT a sin. That would also include the normal loving sexual fantasies that would go along with it both in Bible day and today.

But today if you do research on masturbation on the web, many religion web sites want to tell you it is a sin. Totally wrong per the Bible. They take Bible verses totally out of context, that do not even talk about masturbation at all.

Fornication clearly has the wrong definition. They want to tell you that fornication is single sex. Totally wrong. Common sense tells you that is wrong. When you compare 1 Corinthians 10:8 to Numbers 25:1-9 , Numbers 31 ,

You clearly understand that Paul himself defines fornication as the "joining in with the pagan fertility Baal god worship". This was done in all the Bible days. Pagan worshiper surround both Hebrews and Christians . They were the biggest religion of the Bible days. They would seduce and bait the Hebrews and Christian to join them in worshiping their pagan fertility Baal god by using sex.

God gave all creation sexual freedom at creation.

King David knew this unlimited virgin available to him. ( 2 Samuel 12:8 ) .

King Solomon clearly understood this unlimited virgin available to him. (Song of Solomon 6:8)

But this pagan worship of fertility pagan god is a major violation of both Hebrews first commandment and the Christians Law of Love. Worship only Jehovah God no other god.

The Church ignores this super major violation and only focus on the sex. Sex was only the bait to get them to worship the pagan god. Pagans took advantage of God given sexual freedom he gave all creation at creation to bait them to join in with the pagan worship. God got very angry that they join in the worship of this fertility pagan Baal god. Not the sex per say.

Where the Churches "traditions of men" wrong definition they create a new plan of salvation , Jesus plus anti-sex, anti-nudity to go to heaven. There "tradition of men" definition create major contradictions in the Bible. Their wrong, "tradition of men" definition creates many problems. Their definition does not even fit in the Bible at all.

On my web site i have a free ebook "Divine Sex"by Philo Thelos
Liberating Sex from Religious Tradition.

The present wrong sexual definitions is part of the Catholic corrupt times of indulgences money for sins. We still have the wrong sexual definitions today. The Catholic Church to get more indulgence money declare sex to be a sin. The Bible does not.

The above is most definitely a controversial belief.

This is not a forum for debate so I will leave this one message and say no more. I only reply on order to correct the misrepresentation of the Catholic Church which got her instructions about sexual immorality from JesusChrist and the Apostles. Throught the Apostolic succession it was taught that sexual immorality was a sin before the Biblical Cannon was even finalized. The "traditions of men" are the traditions of the men who followed Jesus Christ, the Apostles themselves.

There is no specific prohibition in the Bible against sex between an unmarried man and unmarried woman. However, "sexual immorality" is denounced in about 25 passages in the New Testament. The word translated as "sexual immorality" or "fornication" in English versions of the Bible is the Greek word inappropriate contenteia, which means "illicit sexual intercourse."

[Jesus] said, "It is what comes out of a person that defiles. For it is from within, from the human heart, that evil intentions come: fornication, theft, murder, adultery, avarice, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, folly. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person." (NRSV, Mark 7:20-23)

The apostle Paul wrote these verses:

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. (NIV, Galatians 5:19-21)

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins people commit are outside their bodies, but those who sin sexually sin against their own bodies. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. (TNIV, 1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; (TNIV, 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Flash Gordon

God does what He says
Feb 7, 2017
Esperance
Visit site
✟10,692.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe that that natural thinking of man fed by the senses of the natural man, which in essence the sin nature, is the son of perdition, the man of sin. The child of God is God's temple not some building made with hands. When the natural thinking of man rules the child of God, it is standing in the Holy place where it ought not. God's salvation is when He breathes on the man of sin and destroys it, so the child becomes alive to the fullness of God and walks free.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To be watchful of Christ's return is an attitude of faith, not marking the calendar. It is not the same as believing "that ours is REALLY the final generation."

Ok... what do you suppose was the effect upon the faith of the first century Christians at Sardis when Jesus faild to "come as a thief" upon those there who did not watch as He promised He would? (Revelation 3:3)

How would those there who DID watch, view the character of God after He failed to follow through with that promise?

That He makes empty threats? That He lies? That He can't be trusted?

And again, of what benefit to the believer is being watchful?

Clearly the Christians of the 1200's who watched and died have no different an eternal fate than the Christians of the 1200's who did not watch, and died... right?

Upvote 0

inkaboutit

Apr 19, 2017
CA
✟9,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no specific prohibition in the Bible against sex between an unmarried man and unmarried woman. However, "sexual immorality" is denounced in about 25 passages in the New Testament. The word translated as "sexual immorality" or "fornication" in English versions of the Bible is the Greek word inappropriate contenteia, which means "illicit sexual intercourse."

****************inkaboutit4u reply *****************

The major problem is definition of:

fornication = "illicit sexual intercourse" = "sexual immoral"= inappropriate contenteo

The "tradition of men" dictionary has the wrong definition and this wrong definition greatly confuse most all people, both religious and non-religious.

It creates many contradictions. It creates a new plan of Salvation Jesus plus anti-nudity, anti-sex to go to heaven.

This wrong definition keep millions of people from even going to Church.

It also chases away many that are already in Church. Many youth discover their sex drive just leave the Church because all the Church makes them full of shame and guilt just because they have a normal God give sex drive.

Some commit suicide.

I have a number of suicide stories on my web site.

A Mormon boy, 16 years old, hung himself and left a letter to his father saying he hated himself because he could not stop masturbation so he hung himself.

Masturbation is not a sin in the Bible. Leviticus 15:16-18

Leviticus15:16-18 NO sin offering is require at all. Meaning NOT a sin.

At the Bible College i went to , the year before a student went to an island in the river and chopped off his right hand and bleed to death. Matthew 5:27-30 On my web site i clearly explain Matthew 5:27-30 hoping no one else feel they have to chop off their hands and pluck their eyes out. Please do not. They totally take Matthew 5:27-30 out of context.

I went on a Christian forum and someone asked ,"What is fornication? Most of the people respond "single sex, sex outside of one man, one women marriage."

On the same Christian Forum , but at a later time, some one asked, "what does sexual immoral mean? They respond with 10 different answers. Everything you can think of including masturbation, xxx photos, etc every sexual things you can think of.

To me all the answers were wrong, after i did major Sexual research and Bible sex research.

Paul has the correct definition in 1 Corinthians 10:8 compare to Numbers 25:1-9 Numbers 31 which is, "joining in with the pagan fertility Baal god worship." To me is very clear and to the point and will fit in all 39 fornication Bible verses.

Fornicators go to hell. So the "tradition of men" dictionary definition for fornication sends everyone who has a normal healthy sex drive goes to HELL. Including most all Godly men in the Bible who had lots of sex out side the tradition of men one male, one female marriage.

I go over all 39 fornication Bible verses on my web site and show how in context this is the correct definition that fit in all 39 verses with no problem . Also i explain on my web site that fornication does NOT have 10 different definitions, but only one definition is needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dr Bruce Atkinson

Supporter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟65,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh. Sorry, thought it was obvious. I was kinda making fun of the fact that I'm politically left-wing (though far from an actual communist tbh). In my country (America), many people believe in the "prosperity gospel" and think anything to the left of laissez faire capitalism is literally idolatry.
Yep. Most so-called Christians in America really worship PC secular values. You seem to include yourself. Bad for you.

Upvote 0