• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured What controversial beliefs do you hold?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by SnowyMacie, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Annihilationism/Conditional Immorality

13 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. Full Preterism

7 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. Open Theism

11 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. Ordination of women

52 vote(s)
    40.6%
  5. Premarital sex is not always sinful

33 vote(s)
    25.8%
  6. Same-sex relationships are not sinful

31 vote(s)
    24.2%
  7. Theistic Evolution

40 vote(s)
    31.3%
  8. Universalism

27 vote(s)
    21.1%
  9. Other

56 vote(s)
    43.8%
  10. None

20 vote(s)
    15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SnowyMacie

SnowyMacie Well-Known Member

+5,932
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    I was curious what all controversial beliefs are held here on CF so I decided to make a poll about it. Please do not debate the issues themselves, but if you want to reply with what you voted, please feel free.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RC1970

RC1970 post tenebras lux

+1,532
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I'm a Calvinist is that controversial enough?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,415
    Anabaptist
    JESUS is FAITHFUL and can be totally TRUSTED and OBEYED.
    The FATHER TOO!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. JESUS=G.O.A.T

JESUS=G.O.A.T Well-Known Member

+636
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    I replied with other

5. Armoured

Armoured So is America great again yet? Supporter

+13,807
    Catholic
    Married
    I don't believe anyone goes to Hell. At least, not permanently.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  6. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+636
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    that profile pic has me laughing lol that's why put laugh yeah also true that fits controversial

7. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid Maybe I should just audit this course! Supporter

+5,628
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I marked: 1) Annihilationism, 2) Ordination of Women, and 3) Theistic Evolution..............all of which should be old news for any of those who have read my posts over the past few years.

Peace,
    2PhiloVoid

8. pakicetus

pakicetus sternodraugaz

+1,867
    Lutheran
    basically this

[​IMG]

9. Armoured

+13,807
    Catholic
    Married
    Context?

10. pakicetus

pakicetus sternodraugaz

+1,867
    Lutheran
    I see that you've used the word context, I don't know what specifically you are asking.

11. Armoured

+13,807
    Catholic
    Married
    What's going on in your photo? I know who the Pope is, I don't know what he's holding or who the other guy is?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Soyeong

Soyeong Well-Known Member

+3,041
    Messianic
    Single
    There are examples of women in leadership roles in the early church, so I don't think that was what was prohibited, but rather the word use is prohibiting women from discipling men, which is a specific kind of leadership role. So I think women should be free to have leadership roles, except that women should not disciple men and men should not disciple women.

I think premarital sex is sinful unless the act itself is considered to be a marriage.

I don't hold to theistic evolution, but I don't rule the possibility it out either. It is not important to me to have a firm belief on the matter one way or the other.

As far as the (other) category goes, I hold that we should obey God's Law, but it saddens me when it is controversial that followers of God should follow His commands and follow Messiah's example of obedience to those commands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+636
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    I agree now when it comes to a leader or pastor, I believe they can sort of mentor both women and men, but outside that for me it's yeah.

14. Armoured

+13,807
    Catholic
    Married
    I also don't think God is as directly interventionist as many people seem to think. Whenever i read about God blessing or punishing because of abortion/homosexuality/Harry Potter/voting for the wrong candidate, I die a little.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. pakicetus

pakicetus sternodraugaz

+1,867
    Lutheran
    He's holding a hammer-and-sickle cross. The other guy is the president of Bolivia, handing it to the Pope.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Armoured

+13,807
    Catholic
    Married
    Ok. So what does that mean in terms of your beliefs?

17. pakicetus

pakicetus sternodraugaz

+1,867
    Lutheran
    Plus even if God intervenes like that all the time, how do we know when something is an intervention from God and when it's not? Like for all I know God smites people every two minutes, but that doesn't mean Christopher Hitchens' esophageal cancer was a punishment from God and not a naturally-occurring disease that just happens to occasionally strike both pious Christians and bestselling atheist authors.

18. rturner76

rturner76 Senior Veteran Supporter

+1,491
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You should check "Universalism" like me so we can get the % higher. I checked theistic evolution too.

19. CodyFaith

CodyFaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,059
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Being a young earth creationist is more controversial than being a theistic evolutionist. At least around my parts, even in Baptist churches in my parts most people believe in an old earth and theistic evolution.

I say this with sorrow, being a person who takes Genesis literally.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. pakicetus

pakicetus sternodraugaz

+1,867
    Lutheran
    Oh. Sorry, thought it was obvious. I was kinda making fun of the fact that I'm politically left-wing (though far from an actual communist tbh). In my country (America), many people believe in the "prosperity gospel" and think anything to the left of laissez faire capitalism is literally idolatry.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List