• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I certainly don't deny that we have it really good. It's all these older generations who think they're Spartans because they were born earlier who are getting to me.

Yeah, they bother me too. Let them be hypocritical. They're not that great, if they look closely at how things were for human rights. They landed on the moon, we're perfecting space exploration.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm doing a dnd campaign tomorrow, so I'm pretty excited. I'm playing a chaotic good character, which I'm unused to because I'm used to writing morally ambiguous and selfish characters.

But it'll be fun.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 212534 View attachment 212513 I cooked a lovely dinner and we had a really relaxing evening together listening to gospel music and i fell asleep in the arms of the one i love most down here on earth. Through out the day i felt well and had plenty of of energy to do the work. How can a day be more perfect than that? Thanking Jesus kindly that is for sure.

Sounds so beautiful Jeshu, glad you had a great day and may there be many more. I love your garden, it would be a good place to just sit quietly and enjoy the peace & quiet. :herb:

"Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I had to eat meat tonight because I got under a certain weight. It tasted like guilt and too many calories. Also disgusting. And how do I know the animals were treated ethically? So many things wrong with this, but I have to get above a certain weight before Tuesday so my doctor doesn't yell at me.

Why is my weight such an issue? I wasn't raised like this.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds so beautiful Jeshu, glad you had a great day and may there be many more. I love your garden, it would be a good place to just sit quietly and enjoy the peace & quiet. :herb:

"Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

Thanks bro - you call in your garden - but really it is Yvonne's, my wife's garden she looks after it and keeps it beautiful. i just help build the structures that's all. i love walking out of the door in the morning and be greeted by the birds singing and the ducks and chickens calling for food again, though for years it left me dead.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks bro - you call in your garden - but really it is Yvonne's, my wife's garden she looks after it and keeps it beautiful. i just help build the structures that's all. i love walking out of the door in the morning and be greeted by the birds singing and the ducks and chickens calling for food again, though for years it left me dead.

you have chickens?!

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, don't do that LoyalToGod, that would be terribly sad. I know life can be a struggle and there is many times I wanted to end it, but I'm so glad I didn't. God is good and his love endures. I do hope you are able to draw close to him in your times of need and I do pray that your spirits pick up soon and you feel better.

((((((((HUG)))))))))

Thank you, Paulus. But I've had enough of the cruelty in this world, being unappreciated, disrespected, etc.

• Prayers
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Paulus. But I've had enough of the cruelty in this world, being unappreciated, disrespected, etc.

Then why would you be the worst to be like that Loyal considering what you are considering? We know you are a beautiful person that is stuck with a lot of bad life. We know it is the bad life that needs to die, not you suffering it!

This is why Jesus is still your best bet sis. For He loves you unconditionally so He doesn't demand or accuse nor is He disrespectful or unappreciative. Seek after Him Loyal instead of the darkness torturing you every day again trying to make your life so unbearable that you will snuff it out. Good to get rid of such bad life Loyal, not good hurting you who suffer that it seems to me.

So each time you feel those crushing thoughts and burning feelings that seek after your good life, let them go, refuse to follow their line of thinking and reject their suggestions. (Doing that with God's Word works best!) And please look at Jesus on the cross instead. And thank Him for wanting to save you from such bad life and simply keep looking at Him as He removes the bad life from you, day by day, and begins to bring you your good life back.

He has done this for me many times and i know for other believers as well. Great is His power to save us from bad life attacking and giving us our good life back.

Be of good courage.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, the world is cruel LoyalToGod. There is no love in the world that's why we need Jesus to rescue us as he is the only true source of love and it is through God's love & spirit that gives you the power to overcome the world and we become like lamps shining his light into the darkness so that man may see God's glory in you. Jesus said it is better to love that to be loved and you can only do that when empowered by his spirit.........Which is the spirit of LOVE!

Dear LoyalToGod, please don't let the world crush you. Turn your back on this world by turning to his son Christ Jesus and let him take you on a spiritual journey. Please read the Gospels and pray to God to reveal his son to you.

May God comfort you and be with you and bring you peace.........In his gracious name, Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, the world is cruel LoyalToGod. There is no love in the world that's why we need Jesus to rescue us as he is the only true source of love and it is through God's love & spirit that gives you the power to overcome the world and we become like lamps shining his light into the darkness so that man may see God's glory in you. Jesus said it is better to love that to be loved and you can only do that when empowered by his spirit.........Which is the spirit of LOVE!

Dear LoyalToGod, please don't let the world crush you. Turn your back on this world by turning to his son Christ Jesus and let him take you on a spiritual journey. Please read the Gospels and pray to God to reveal his son to you.

May God comfort you and be with you and bring you peace.........In his gracious name, Amen.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that Jesus is all I need. You guys don't understand the mental anguish I'm going through. No wonder I stopped venting here a long time.

Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then why would you be the worst to be like that Loyal considering what you are considering? We know you are a beautiful person that is stuck with a lot of bad life. We know it is the bad life that needs to die, not you suffering it!

This is why Jesus is still your best bet sis. For He loves you unconditionally so He doesn't demand or accuse nor is He disrespectful or unappreciative. Seek after Him Loyal instead of the darkness torturing you every day again trying to make your life so unbearable that you will snuff it out. Good to get rid of such bad life Loyal, not good hurting you who suffer that it seems to me.

So each time you feel those crushing thoughts and burning feelings that seek after your good life, let them go, refuse to follow their line of thinking and reject their suggestions. (Doing that with God's Word works best!) And please look at Jesus on the cross instead. And thank Him for wanting to save you from such bad life and simply keep looking at Him as He removes the bad life from you, day by day, and begins to bring you your good life back.

He has done this for me many times and i know for other believers as well. Great is His power to save us from bad life attacking and giving us our good life back.

Be of good courage.

What does this all mean? Speak some sense please

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you have chickens?!

Yes we keep chicken, 10 of them at the moment, but 6 of these are our son's. We eat fresh eggs everyday and i feed the chicken and collect the eggs as part of my daily routine. Chicken, or Chooks, as we call them here down under, are beautiful animals that love scratching around in the fruit orchid for food and eat all the dropped fruit and insects as well as all of our scraps. Very useful animals to have around.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does this all mean? Speak some sense please

All i'm trying to say is that seeking Jesus in your heart is the best way to get away from your hurting life. If that doesn't make sense to you then maybe read the Word of God and see if those ancient words can encourage you to seek after life not death for i don't know how to explain spiritual life better than i have been trying to do.

Sorry you don't get my drift but please consider dropping of your hurting heart before Jesus' throne and leave your painful realities there and see where a new life with Him will lead you.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes we keep chicken, 10 of them at the moment, but 6 of these are our son's. We eat fresh eggs everyday and i feed the chicken and collect the eggs as part of my daily routine. Chicken, or Chooks, as we call them here down under, are beautiful animals that love scratching around in the fruit orchid for food and eat all the dropped fruit and insects as well as all of our scraps. Very useful animals to have around.

:wave:

I'm trying to convince my parents to get some chickens, bc dad really likes my neighbors hens but they keep saying no.

Fresh eggs are the best

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying to convince my parents to get some chickens, bc dad really likes my neighbors hens but they keep saying no.

Fresh eggs are the best

To be honest we don't even like shop eggs anymore that is how good fresh ones taste. i do recommend getting you're own chicken if you have the room for them they are awesome animals.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
To be honest we don't even like shop eggs anymore that is how good fresh ones taste. i do recommend getting you're own chicken if you have the room for them they are awesome animals.

They seem like it! How hard are they to take care?

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They seem like it! How hard are they to take care?

It is not hard to look after them! Not sure if you got a cold winter though! Where we are we have no pests apart of parasitic worms, that we kill by feeding our chicken garlic once in awhile. Otherwise feed and water them daily, clean their run at times, and you will be rewarded most days of the year with eggs. In the winter coldest months they go off lay for a few months but otherwise we have fresh eggs daily.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
our female duck, after a three months absence, came back with a big surprise today! 12 ducklings almost all grown up. During my last psychosis she disappeared and when she didn't come back we feared the worst, but today, after 3 months raising her young she brought them back for a visit, we so hope they will hang around.

P1010030_modified.JPG

Upvote 0