• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was listening to some videos yesterday of people who were dead for 2-3 hours & claimed to have gone to heaven - there's also ones where they went to hell - not saying they're all true & to be believed, but I think some are. Christianity teaches heaven is a real place after all. They made me so happy. Keep trying. Jesus knows. The above post is exactly correct & the Bible confirms it - but remember, it's for God's glory:)

Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was listening to some videos yesterday of people who were dead for 2-3 hours & claimed to have gone to heaven - there's also ones where they went to hell - not saying they're all true & to be believed, but I think some are. Christianity teaches heaven is a real place after all. They made me so happy. Keep trying. Jesus knows. The above post is exactly correct & the Bible confirms it - but remember, it's for God's glory:)
I was born with some serious heart problems and have died several times and only once I remember actually seeing something. I remember being in a tunnel and there was a light at the end. No matter how fast I ran, I never got any closer to the light. Not sure what that was about? Weird.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That is so similar to what happened with me for the past couple days, but I was reading anonymous testimonies out of a book called Beyond Death's Door by Dr. Maurice Rawlings. In the chapter Descending into Hell, it gives some very disturbing NDEs. The details of the NDEs are so specific that I have no reason not to believe them. The book does have a corresponding chapter the good NDEs too, so it's not all dark and scary stuff in there. I hope that I don't end up on the bad side of it all.

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was born with some serious heart problems and have died several times and only once I remember actually seeing something. I remember being in a tunnel and there was a light at the end. No matter how fast I ran, I never got any closer to the light. Not sure what that was about? Weird.
Sounds like you did have a bit of a Near-death Experience Faith over Fear. The light at the end of the tunnel is a common feature in Near-death Experiences and I believe it is our spirits being transported from this world to heaven. If you managed to come out through the light you would of found yourself in heaven, but obviously it wasn't your time yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I believe that some people have had a genuine Near-death Experience, but many are made up fakes so you have to take these stories with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That is so similar to what happened with me for the past couple days, but I was reading anonymous testimonies out of a book called Beyond Death's Door by Dr. Maurice Rawlings. In the chapter Descending into Hell, it gives some very disturbing NDEs. The details of the NDEs are so specific that I have no reason not to believe them. The book does have a corresponding chapter the good NDEs too, so it's not all dark and scary stuff in there. I hope that I don't end up on the bad side of it all.
Lady Bug if you have Christ as your Lord & Savior you WILL not end up in the bad side. If you know God's gospel of salvation and have faith in Christ Jesus, then you WILL be sealed by his Holy Spirit and firmly in his hand. God bless you Lady Bug.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lady Bug if you have Christ as your Lord & Savior you WILL not end up in the bad side. If you know God's gospel of salvation and have faith in Christ Jesus, then you WILL be sealed by his Holy Spirit and firmly in his hand. God bless you Lady Bug.
There was a "bad" experience by someone who was a regular church-going lady though. Maybe her relationship with the Lord wasn't that great, but what if she thought it was?

Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0