• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I live in the past myself. I still feel like cellphones are either science fiction or witchcraft. Wanna switch?
I know what you mean. I think tech plays way too role in modern-day society.

But my feeling is more like a feeling of being stuck, like my situation won't change & I'll just wake up 40 years from now & it'll be the same thing.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
But my feeling is more like a feeling of being stuck, like my situation won't change & I'll just wake up 40 years from now & it'll be the same thing.

Ah, I get it now. "One day at a time" is one of my favorite platitudes that I also think is a great truth, but if someone is anxious for a change and/or desperate for something in the future (or something in the past that one doesn't know how to let go) it's the hardest thing to internalize, to accept, to embrace or even want.

Do you want to go forward or backwards? Sounds like forwards. I wanted to go backwards for a long time.

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So good to hear from you, Tempura. When I first posted on CF, you, Jeshu and
Yusuphhai were the first people I met. All were very helpful offering wisdom, comforting words - and trust in Our Lord. I don't get on here often, but like to check in once in a while. It's as if you were all old friends - and when you don't hear from others - you wonder how they're doing. I hope Yusuphhai also is OK.

I agree with IWalkAlone that this was a more active thread - the pandemic changed everything. It seems we all isolated and then came out 'different.' I know I did - and the world around me changed - in the US, not for the better. But I came out stronger in faith - maybe because I had little company and depended more on Jesus as my confidant. I hope others used the time well.

Perhaps it's because I'm older, but I try only to look at today - and fight the need to project ahead. I read somewhere that God said that He did not design the human mind to figure out the future - that it was beyond our capability - and that we are to commit everything into His care instead. It works, it turns incessant planning into restful peace.

Blessings to all.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps it's because I'm older, but I try only to look at today - and fight the need to project ahead.

Hi Vieste, I remember you too, good to hear from you.

Yeah that's a need some of us need to fight. I looked at what I wrote for Dragonfox above and I cringed, because to me it seemed like I was condescending (didn't mean to), as if I was a master of my feelings or something. I'm not a master of anything. It's a constant struggle with me but one that I have (mostly) accepted, this "one day at a time" attitude. I absolutely believe it, and Christ told us not to worry about tomorrow because He absolutely knows that's what we do. Some of us, especially me, like to also worry about the past, or have a yearning towards it, or to get something back, or to take another shot at a chance that went and won't come again. I've accepted that I will struggle with this, but I also know Christ's way is better and a good reminder for me when I get lost into pasts and futures that aren't happening now.

Christ is always like a beacon in many ways, I can get lost into whatever anxiety, darkness, sin and else, but that beacon is still there for us to focus on no matter how strange it gets. God bless you and everyone else in here.

Upvote 0

Vieste

Jul 9, 2016
St Petersburg fl
✟32,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christ is always like a beacon in many ways, I can get lost into whatever anxiety, darkness, sin and else, but that beacon is still there for us to focus on no matter how strange it gets. God bless you and everyone else in here.

And no matter how far along we think we are - it does get strange, and always will. Such comfort lies in our continued ability to find that beacon when we're seemingly so lost in the dark. I still get very low and start wallowing in the abyss - and then, I remember that light in the darkness that led me out before, and I can once again continue onward through His grace.

BTW: I wonder if Jeshu is OK - he's always available [we're spoiled] and I don't see his posts. Hopefully, he's vacationing or posting elsewhere.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And no matter how far along we think we are - it does get strange, and always will. Such comfort lies in our continued ability to find that beacon when we're seemingly so lost in the dark. I still get very low and start wallowing in the abyss - and then, I remember that light in the darkness that led me out before, and I can once again continue onward through His grace.

BTW: I wonder if Jeshu is OK - he's always available [we're spoiled] and I don't see his posts. Hopefully, he's vacationing or posting elsewhere.
I know where he's at, he can't be here right now.

• Friendly
Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 31:9 Be gracious to me, Lord, for I am in distress;
My eye is wasted away from grief, my soul and my body too.
10 For my life is spent with sorrow
And my years with sighing;
My strength has failed because of my guilt,
And my [f]body has wasted away.
11 Because of all my adversaries, I have become a disgrace,
Especially to my neighbors,
And an object of dread to my acquaintances;
Those who see me in the street flee from me.
12 I am forgotten like a dead person, out of mind;
I am like a broken vessel.
13 For I have heard the [g]slander of many,
Terror is on every side;
While they took counsel together against me,
They schemed to take away my life.

14 But as for me, I trust in You, Lord,
I say, “You are my God.”
15 My times are in Your hand;
Rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.

Psalms 31:24 Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who wait for the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been feeling good. Triggers can change this but God will get me through it if that happens. God is near the broken heart. Just thinking about triggers makes me feel depressed. But when I'm weak I'm strong. God's grace is given to the humble. I will meditate on heaven where there is no more pain or sorrow. No more mistakes either.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i feel so very alone, i got no one in my life i can talk about Christianity with , am not allowed to start at my new church until the end of January, my husband will not let me go for Christmas he wants me to wait but i feeling very depressed at the moment . My husband isn't very happy i am Christian and that renewed me faith just recently , my husband is an atheist :destroyed:

• Prayers
Reactions: IWalkAlone
Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i feel so very alone, i got no one in my life i can talk about Christianity with , am not allowed to start at my new church until the end of January, my husband will not let me go for Christmas he wants me to wait but i feeling very depressed at the moment . My husband isn't very happy i am Christian and that renewed me faith just recently , my husband is an atheist :destroyed:
Hi. You can talk to us.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I haven't read the Bible much . I was born in to an Catholic family and never really paid attention to the bible just didn't look to far in I'd go to church hating it inside at all the time wasn't until a week ago I got very interested in Jesus I felt that I wanted to be born again so i started watching a rock / pop praise and worship church, and it had a chatroom and i watched the service and then at the end I prayed the sinners' prayer, and I am a born again Christian , I haven't been baptized yet, but I am hoping too soon as possible but my husband might not let me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I haven't read the Bible much . I was born in to an Catholic family and never really paid attention to the bible just didn't look to far in I'd go to church hating it inside at all the time wasn't until a week ago I got very interested in Jesus I felt that I wanted to be born again so i started watching a rock / pop praise and worship church, and it had a chatroom and i watched the service and then at the end I prayed the sinners' prayer, and I am a born again Christian , I haven't been baptized yet, but I am hoping too soon as possible but my husband might not let me
Sounds good. The more we read scripture the more our minds develop spiritual thoughts. We can meditate on those scriptures. The Spirit helps us. He reminds us about Jesus and His apostles words. Words of love for God and each other. Words of mercy and humility.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
It was really good , they had a film about refugees where i live it got my heart and my love and Jesus told me to get myself healthier and then work with refugees , i have been wanting to help people more and more and Jesus told me this is your calling this is your gift to the world

Reactions: IWalkAlone
Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was really good , they had a film about refugees where i live it got my heart and my love and Jesus told me to get myself healthier and then work with refugees , i have been wanting to help people more and more and Jesus told me this is your calling this is your gift to the world
Sounds very worthy. Helping others is our mission.

Upvote 0