• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I talked to my counselor tonight. He says I need to learn to be content. How do I be content if I feel miserable?

Hi DragonFox,

It certainly is hard being miserable and the only way you can learn to be content is to understand why you feel miserable and that's when God comes in. He will teach and show you why things are happening in your life, but you got to be willing to listen and you have to be honest with yourself and with God, sometimes the only way we will listen is if we spend some quiet time with God and learn to let go. If you let go the thoughts and your past will start flowing. This process can be painful and won't happen overnight as we confront the truth about ourselves and learn to change our thinking and our hearts, but the reward is freedom and being the person you are meant to be, the person that is not controlled or influence by the world or by friends or by family members, but learning to live as the true person as Christ intended. It is extremely spiritually rewarding and you get to see your potential. There is more to us than what meets the eye. Life is a spiritual journey where we live and grow along the way.

DragonFox please learn to pray to God on a regular basis - I pray several times a day - and just pour your heart out to him and ask God for the Holy Spirit so he will guide you into truth and ask him to teach you and show you all things. Please also start reading your bible on a daily basis, start reading the Gospels at Matthew, Mark, Luke & John and let his scriptures strengthen your faith in Christ. When you have a strong faith in Christ you are standing on solid ground and you can start building your house which is the real you. Read the Gospels over and over again so that you understand who Christ is! I use the NIV version of Bible as it's easy to understand.

And most importantly you need love as we all do, love & understanding is important in our lives and you will only get that from God through other Christians especially if they are on the same journey as you.

I hope I haven't gone overboard here DragonFox? I just want to encourage you to live a full life in Christ which is rich in joy, peace, love and blessings. I pray that God will touch and take your hand and pull you out of that dark hole you're in. God bless you and be with you in the name of Christ Jesus.........Amen!

Victor.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Very hungry! I am on day 5 of a water-only fast.
ain't it funny how the first hunger is really just gut bacteria whining but at about day 3 you start to know what hunger is. never made it 5 days, impressive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Help! I feel so miserable. I failed! I am a loser. Always have been. My parents made a mistake. It's so terrible. It never changes. I tought it would but it doesnt. It never gets better

The older I get the worse it gets bc it never gets better

What is wrong w me
How come it doesnt get better? I try but it doesnt get better. What is wrong w me
I wish I could cry right now
I'm tired of pretending things are ok
I wish someone had told me there was something wrong w/ me.
What can I do to combat the frustration? Why bother fighting it if it doesn't solve the real problem?
I wonder what is wrong w/ me. I have so many problems. I have so many things wrong with me.
It's okay to wear masks now, I don't like wearing them but maybe I should just wear one whenever I'm out all the time. I think that'd be best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wish someone had told me something was wrong w/ me or things wrong w/ me. I knew there was but I wish someone had told me anyways. I think there's probably a lot wrong w/ me.
I'm tired of pretending things are okay. I don't want to get better
This is so horrible.
I don't want to get better
What is wrong with me.
I hate all of this. I want to quit everything.
I thought someday things would get better.
I hate all of this. I want to quit everything.
The more the day drags on. The worse it gets.
As the years go on the worse it gets.
Since the Fall & sin introducing bad to the world, don't God's creations (us) have flaws? So we aren't created right & there might not be a plan, it's just a flaw?
Every year gets worse.
The whole world is just so depressing. I just see darkness.
I wish something wasn't wrong w/ me.
I can't pretend it's okay anymore.
Things haven't changed since middle school.
I might as well just quit my job. What's the point. I want to quit everything.
Pretending everything is okay is so fake.
I feel like I've done everything right & it's still not enough.
I thought God would help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2/24/22
I cried last night. Finally
I cried all the way to work. I feel so terrible. I want to cry now. I'm tired of being fake & pretending there isn't a problem.
I'm not allowed
I wish something wasn't wrong w/ me.
I wish someone had told me something was wrong w/ me.
I wish someone had told me I wasn't allowed
I've tried so hard & it's never enough. I've done everything right & it's not good enough.
I've been dealing this since middle school & it never gets better.
I try so hard & it's not good enough. What more can I do?
I only had a couple tacos at the very end of the day last night. I was too sad. I wasn't even hungry till then. usually I eat all 3 meals plus snacks.
I know people try & have tried to help me, but it doesn't help. :(
I thought having a job & a house would help but it doesn't. To those who are stressed about money, money doesn't help anything.
To answer the question I feel terrible.
My friend thinks buying a Nintendo Switch would help. I don't want to play video games. i want to grow up.

I may be a bit better right now. But isn't it fake? Nothing's changed. I'm still stuck.

Oh no, I suddenly feel like crying.
My life will be over.
People try helping me but it doesn't help.
My heart feels so heavy right now.
It's not even a choice.
I'm going on a vacation in April. I don't want to go. What's the point in pretending there's not a problem?
I feel terrible. Nothing changes. It hasn't changed since middle school.
I did everything right. I've followed all advice & it doesn't help. What was the point?
I can't believe I have to do so many more years of this.
What do you do if you were made incorrectly
I thought things would change
It's so empty
It's all fake
It's gotten worse as the day's gone on.
I'm done pretending everything's okay. I've tried that. It's just a mirage.
It hasn't changed since middle school.
Too many things are wrong w/ me.
I s/ just wear a mask all the time now. It's okay to now.
I don't want to go on vacation in 2 months. I don't want to pretend everything's okay.
I cant pretend anymore
I am done w/ all my hobbies & interests. It's just pretending the problem isn't there.
It's never good enough.
If you fail at something you are a failure by definition.
I am done w/ everything
I cried all the way home & am still crying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2/25/22

What if you have too many things wrong w/ you? What if you fix a lot of the things but it’s not good enough?
I wish everything wasn't wrong w/ me.
I wish I didn't have everything so wrong w/ me.
It gets worse as the day goes on. It gets worse as the years go on.
I'm tired of pretending everything's ok.
Tomorrow I have to go to an event & pretend everything's ok.
I wish you didn't have to be perfect
My heart feels empty & heavy at the same time.
My heart feels hurt
I wish it didn't have to be so sad.
I want to cry. I wish it wasn't so hard for me. I wish so many things weren't wrong w/ me.
It's not even worth it
Tomorrow I have to pretend everything's ok but it's not.
I wish everything wasn't wrong w/ me.
I feel heartbroken.
I'm so confused.
I wish something wasn't wrong w/ me
I want to cry
I wish everything wasn't so hard.
I don't want any part in tomorrow.
I'm tired of pretending everything's ok.
Work is too hard. I want to cry.
I may have to go cry in the bathroom. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2/27
I've been trying to watch my DVD but it's so hard to concentrate. I feel so heartbroken. I feel like my dreams are destroyed. I haven't done any housework today. Later I will try reading my books. I wish so many things weren't wrong w/ me.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2/28
I cried last night for an hour. :sob:
I read my books yesterday. I think they help some.
I wish I was good enough. I wish someone had told me something was wrong w/ me.
It's so depressing to me.
I feel heartbroken
I feel okay but incredibly frustrated
I wish it wasn't so hard.
I am not allowed

I am okay, we can do this all
Tonight I may be able to talk to my counselor & read my books. They will help

NM I feel terrible
God's still good anyways

It's hard to concentrate. Lot of bad news today.
I think my appetite is back :)

I can't concentrate. I am still sad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0