• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dad survived the night. Yvonne and her sister stayed with him all night and sang psalms to him. At one stage he start to sing along which they filmed/ So very touching. His faith has no fear of death. Yet it is awful to see someone die. The poor man is so terribly sick. They have taken him of all medicine food and fluids yet he wakes up and sings a psalm with his daughters, he is a very strong man.

We don't know when he will take a turn for the worst. It maybe days before he passes away. The no fluids bit i don't like the poor man must be so thirsty by now. Sure he dies quicker but at what cost? And are we not simply killing him? Ethically it isn't sound i reckon.

Feeling downish but i wasn't nauseated this morning. i got up during the night and ate some food to see if that might help against feeling so sick every morning. i was fine this morning. So hopefully i'm on a winner.

Have a blessed week.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dad survived the night. Yvonne and her sister stayed with him all night and sang psalms to him. At one stage he start to sing along which they filmed/ So very touching. His faith has no fear of death. Yet it is awful to see someone die. The poor man is so terribly sick. They have taken him of all medicine food and fluids yet he wakes up and sings a psalm with his daughters, he is a very strong man.

We don't know when he will take a turn for the worst. It maybe days before he passes away. The no fluids bit i don't like the poor man must be so thirsty by now. Sure he dies quicker but at what cost? And are we not simply killing him? Ethically it isn't sound i reckon.

Feeling downish but i wasn't nauseated this morning. i got up during the night and ate some food to see if that might help against feeling so sick every morning. i was fine this morning. So hopefully i'm on a winner.

Have a blessed week.
Glad you are doing better, Gerry, finally a break from the nausea. Very touching story about Yvonne's dad; inspiring to say the least.

Both my parents lingered as well. I was only 16. But when they did pass there was a sense of relief mixed with the grief. I just sat alone in silence in a darkened room next to my dad just minutes after he passed and sort of communed, reminisced. It was my way of saying goodbye. No tears, but rather a sense of peace. At home, I spent the night in his room, surrounded by his clothes and personal effects. Unfortunately I was not around when my mother passed six months earlier.

My thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
music seems to bring life into some of those old people with old people brain problems. death by lack of water is bad but maybe the morphine makes it peaceful.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glad you are doing better, Gerry, finally a break from the nausea. Very touching story about Yvonne's dad; inspiring to say the least.

Both my parents lingered as well. I was only 16. But when they did pass there was a sense of relief mixed with the grief. I just sat alone in silence in a darkened room next to my dad just minutes after he passed and sort of communed, reminisced. It was my way of saying goodbye. No tears, but rather a sense of peace. At home, I spent the night in his room, surrounded by his clothes and personal effects. Unfortunately I was not around when my mother passed six months earlier.

My thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family.

Thanks Ron much appreciated. My day has been a lot better than the last three. The withdrawal symptoms have only been mild today, i'm very happy about that.

Dad is still going strong. The doctor gives him 24-48 hours to die. Yvonne is coming home tomorrow afternoon. She spend all day with him in hospital today. His breathing is much more laboured than before. It is awful to have to say goodbye this way.

Mum is often very upset. She is trying to cope but she is not doing well. We all thought dad will be with us for a few years yet because he is so strong while mum we expected to die already. Obviously the Lord has different plans.

Sorry to hear about your parents loosing them so closely together and so young that must have been very hard for you.

Thanks for praying

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
music seems to bring life into some of those old people with old people brain problems. death by lack of water is bad but maybe the morphine makes it peaceful.

Music and song has magic in it it can reach us while other mediums fail. Not sure how morphine makes thirst better to carry. Thirst is terrible. The morphine does make him calmer and more accepting when he is short of breath. When the morphine runs out he gets all agitated and wants to get up to be able to breathe better.

We all hope he will die soon but we know that at 91 dad is still very strong.

• Friendly
Reactions: gerbilwoman
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling very sad and lonely. Dad hasn't passed away yet. His final hours are not nice and even on increased morphine he is agitated and uncomfortable. We're praying the Lord will take him soon. i'm completely cut up and so sad for dad struggling to breathe.

He got the lung infection in hospital after he choked on food that spilled into his lungs. When he first went to hospital we didn't think much of it he fell over all the time and they had to check out if he got hurt. He did get scrapes and bruises from falling over but nothing serious. The lung infection will kill him.

Tomorrow we were supposed to go on holidays we don't know how and when we will now be able to go so much organising to do again. We can defer our flights but at a cost but that at least means we wont loose all our money spend.

blessings to all:wave:

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes dreams bring back very intense feelings that have left mostly through time passing by. I had psychosis during the first time I went to a four year university that ruined everything. It was messy. But I remember having a couple of dreams about a crush I had leaving, and I was all like, wait, come back, I love you, and just waking up in anguish about it. I thought that a lot of the guys I met at a Christian club on campus there were really special. I didn't really fully get over it until a couple of years ago when I checked some facebook pages and saw that they were already married. It took a long time to get over the feelings, and the self hatred I had developed from the things I had done and thought while psychotic. I'm mostly over it at this point, but its also been like 7 years.

:hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bloom77

Apr 30, 2019
Penshurst
✟8,426.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are rolling over this thread.

This thread is for sharing how you are feeling currently. Posts in response may be for encouragement, support and prayer for each other.

This is a no-debate forum, and that applies to this thread as well.

Enjoy your new thread.
What a beautiful verse I wonder if there is a way you can pray for your fears and worries to be overcome with feelings of peace. Its hard not to worry. I have the bible verse Proverbs 3, 5-6
515G8yHHqkL.jpg

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm feeling drained and depleted. For 2 years i've been on 5-htp. It worked really good for my moods for about 18 months, the last 6 months have increasingly brought depression back again but worst of that depression was the emotional deadness. My feeling world simply diminished to a dead quiet stillness called my reality. i hated that deadness but it did make everything a lot easier for i have really strong emotions and for the last 6 months they have been stilled.

Now i was forced to drop the 5-htp five days ago and my feelings have come back with a vengeance, especially with dad dying. Today i heard a voice telling me he made it to Christ before me which sounded just like dad's voice. Relieved i thought he might have died but the poor man is still very much with us. Still slowly dying. He is a very strong man indeed. (How we all wish he would die already.) So busy with death. Everywhere i look i see death and dying. Not only dad but all my loved ones die terrible deaths. So weird how that goes. The anxiety feels like a white hot grip around my heart at times. So strong that i protest its intensity. How can i function like that? Today i've been very nauseated as well. Each time i begin to stress the nausea floods over me again. i've stressed a lot today.

Not sure how long dad is still going to take. We are all praying he die soon. The man's suffering is intense.

So sad to endure when we all loved and respected that man.

Say a prayer for us please.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling a mess at the moment. The anxiety has been relentless today it woke me up at 4.30am this morning, very nauseated as well. Had to get Sam ready by 8am this morning. Be alone till 4pm when she will come home again. It is going to be a long day feeling the way i do.

Dad has been sleeping since 4pm yesterday so that is good, when he sleeps he doesn't suffer. The poor man is still going strong. He is well past the 48 hours the doctors gave him. Yvonne stayed with him all night.

Blessings to all

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dad is still going. Isn't it awful for him? We heard from others that it is normal for old people to die slowly. We heard of one family where the mum took 2 weeks to die. i was taught at school that you need water and without water you will die in three days but dad hasn't had water since Saturday and today it is Friday and he is still going. He does have the death rattle now so they think he wont last all that much longer. We all hope and pray he passes away soon.

The good thing is that dad is sleeping now most of the time so at least he s not aware of his suffering any more.

i've been struggling this week friends it has been so difficult to keep my emotions in check. i'm all over the place from okay to rock bottom in seconds and a lot of anxiety. i hate death and dying but know it is a normal part of life and we all go through it.

Not feeling as stressed and nauseated as yesterday so i hope i will have a better day.

Blessings to all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dad just past away 30 minutes ago. We are so relieved that his suffering is over. The last 2 days he slept peacefully and he died peacefully tonight. Dad is with the Lord i do feel a bit envious of him.

Please keep us in your prayers.

• Friendly
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Dad just past away 30 minutes ago. We are so relieved that his suffering is over. The last 2 days he slept peacefully and he died peacefully tonight. Dad is with the Lord i do feel a bit envious of him.

Please keep us in your prayers.
http%3A%2F%2Frlv.zcache.com%2Fso_sorry_for_your_loss_in_sympathy_card-r6e928964e73149ab8415b5f3ba7df0b3_xvuat_8byvr_630.jpg%3Fview_padding%3D%255B285%2C0%2C285%2C0%255D

Praying.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Second day 4 me to test my gear outside in a safe place, uncle's backyard. I'm scared of what the future will hold. Learned that my youngest brother tried to kill himself recently. He is in jail ATM. He was getting dt because he is an alcoholic.

I wish I were not a human at times, wish I didn't have to do this. Dunno why it's so hard to function in the world. Wish no one here loved me

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish I were not a human at times, wish I didn't have to do this. Dunno why it's so hard to function in the world. Wish no one here loved me

It is really sad brother that you have to go this way. Be strong, walk with Christ and see where He takes you.

i hope you will be able to log in sometimes just to say hallo and give us an update.

You got my prayers bro.

Upvote 0