• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hello everyone, sorry been MIA again. I hurt my knee going to a fair we went to. Saw the Ortho finally after seeing my primary for pain relief since it was so swollen and could barely walk. Then I whacked it again trying to step up after going to a shooting range, my SO and I got some guns and ammunition for safety since we live in the suburbs a lot of cars are being broken into so we keep our cars locked and doors locked even in the day time but its still for my safety. We still need get out license for conceal carry. My SSI is still low and being a pain honestly hard to pay bills with my money and SO's money each month and try to save at same time. We're almost down to the year we'll be moving again to another location so that has to be saved up but hard to do when my money was cut near $300. So I'm a bit peeved but nothing I can do but give it to God and let him handle it. I been praying a lot and listening to music, esp Mercy Me, the song If I'll post a link if that's allowed. Right now trying to find a Imaging place so I can do my knee in a cat scan with a dye in it so we can see what is wrong with it. Right now my sleep patterns arent great and my anxiety meds arent doing much for me right now. So, back to the therapist and see what I can do. So glad to see y'all and prayers and condolences for those who lost loved ones..

* Mercy Me Song Even If*
Howdy,

Bet you are as sick of the rain as we are in E TX.

Sorry you are having some difficulties but it's good to hear from you! Prayers.❤️

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,494.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I woke up a short while ago in the wee hours of the morning feeling depressed as heck and having Unchained Melody in my head. It's a song that doesn't trigger me, but seemed somehow to fit my mood... here's hoping I can get back to sleep...

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling anxious this morning, like every morning for the last few months but not nauseous any more. i've been using liver drops to detoxify it and i stopped using slow release niacin tablets for they can also put strain on my liver. It looks like i found out what made me so sick all the time, i got a weak liver, possibly from years of psych medications, they can be pretty hard to tolerate toxins wise.

i have had a break from depression for two weeks now and i'm very happy about that. Now the anxiety still and i be all ready for holidays next week.

Thanking God for His love and care in my life

Blessings:wave:

• Friendly
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello everyone, sorry been MIA again. I hurt my knee going to a fair we went to. Saw the Ortho finally after seeing my primary for pain relief since it was so swollen and could barely walk. Then I whacked it again trying to step up after going to a shooting range, my SO and I got some guns and ammunition for safety since we live in the suburbs a lot of cars are being broken into so we keep our cars locked and doors locked even in the day time but its still for my safety. We still need get out license for conceal carry. My SSI is still low and being a pain honestly hard to pay bills with my money and SO's money each month and try to save at same time. We're almost down to the year we'll be moving again to another location so that has to be saved up but hard to do when my money was cut near $300. So I'm a bit peeved but nothing I can do but give it to God and let him handle it. I been praying a lot and listening to music, esp Mercy Me, the song If I'll post a link if that's allowed. Right now trying to find a Imaging place so I can do my knee in a cat scan with a dye in it so we can see what is wrong with it. Right now my sleep patterns arent great and my anxiety meds arent doing much for me right now. So, back to the therapist and see what I can do. So glad to see y'all and prayers and condolences for those who lost loved ones..
* Mercy Me Song Even If*

Thank you.

Isn't it great to bring our hard to deal with times to God? He has been near to us these last few weeks comforting us with His promises. Dad loved The Lord a lot and was looking forward going Home it is hard to mourn him, his life was not nice any more it really was not difficult to accept his passing away. He was 91, and suffered from severe dementia, his life was over we could easy see that.

For mum it is much harder. They were almost 67 years married and loved each other a lot and got on really well together. Just the last 12 months because of dad's dementia did their relationship sour. Which was hard to see happening and mum took it very hard for she couldn't understand that dad wasn't in his right mind.

i hope that your anxiety lessens again and that the meds work again. Anxiety is hard to deal with. Also your sleep that it might improve again. a tired anxious mind is really hard to deal with i know from experiences to be true.

That our Lord bring you His peace.

:hug:

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Thank you.

Isn't it great to bring our hard to deal with times to God? He has been near to us these last few weeks comforting us with His promises. Dad loved The Lord a lot and was looking forward going Home it is hard to mourn him, his life was not nice any more it really was not difficult to accept his passing away. He was 91, and suffered from severe dementia, his life was over we could easy see that.

For mum it is much harder. They were almost 67 years married and loved each other a lot and got on really well together. Just the last 12 months because of dad's dementia did their relationship sour. Which was hard to see happening and mum took it very hard for she couldn't understand that dad wasn't in his right mind.

i hope that your anxiety lessens again and that the meds work again. Anxiety is hard to deal with. Also your sleep that it might improve again. a tired anxious mind is really hard to deal with i know from experiences to be true.

That our Lord bring you His peace.

I'm very sorry to hear brother. My ex mother in law had it dementia and it was hard once I heard the news from my ex-husbands wife. We shared so many good memories and now she's gone. I pray she's with the Lord and at peace. She was in her 60's I believe. At any loss isn't easy to deal with. I told my son I'm very sorry for his grandma's loss and that she's with his grandparents who gone on before. On both sides of the line. I wish I could been there to say goodbye but I know she wouldn't remember me not well any way. My late dad had it or Alzheimers

My rest is some what improving, its the storms that get me, the animals don't like the storms so they wake me up or make the bed shake on it or under it. My cat been clingy lately which is fine I love him around lately he's been sleeping on shoes or slippers which is cute I'll have to upload a pic for everyone. I pray all have a good Mothers day who are moms across the board. The reason my name has an 05 on it, year my son was born :) Hugs around

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Howdy,

Bet you are as sick of the rain as we are in E TX.

Sorry you are having some difficulties but it's good to hear from you! Prayers.❤️

Yeah just a touch, but we need rain like every where else does. what's been up with you bro Press? I not seen you around ..

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah just a touch, but we need rain like every where else does. what's been up with you bro Press? I not seen you around ..

I'm on here nearly every day several times but usually don't participate much; just read and pray for other posters. Most answers to questions for folks asking for advice regarding depression are covered well so unless I really feel led to add something, I don't.

I PM regularly with a couple of brothers I feel comfortable with. I have been struggling since last fall and finally had to switch depression meds since the old ones quit working. A few health issues as well but manageable. Actually doing quite well for being 66; regular gym attendance has paid off. Still involved as a musician off and on.

Good to hear from you!

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm very sorry to hear brother. My ex mother in law had it dementia and it was hard once I heard the news from my ex-husbands wife. We shared so many good memories and now she's gone. I pray she's with the Lord and at peace. She was in her 60's I believe. At any loss isn't easy to deal with. I told my son I'm very sorry for his grandma's loss and that she's with his grandparents who gone on before. On both sides of the line. I wish I could been there to say goodbye but I know she wouldn't remember me not well any way. My late dad had it or Alzheimers

My rest is some what improving, its the storms that get me, the animals don't like the storms so they wake me up or make the bed shake on it or under it. My cat been clingy lately which is fine I love him around lately he's been sleeping on shoes or slippers which is cute I'll have to upload a pic for everyone. I pray all have a good Mothers day who are moms across the board. The reason my name has an 05 on it, year my son was born :) Hugs around

Thank you for caring. i hope your week will be a good one for you.

peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,201.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Feeling sick this morning. It has been hard going. We going on holidays next week but when i feel like this then i dread it.

I understand Jeshu. May the Lord God be with you and strengthen you to get through your struggles and may you find healing & peace.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to try to put my three-year-old pain behind me. Wish me luck...

All the best leaving bad life behind i hope you will find lots of good life to replace it with.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True horror can be without god. There is only hope with god in my eyes. The goods in the world are a taste of heaven and the evils of hell. I hope 4 simplicity without taint of evil

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling a little better than this morning. i was severely nauseated this morning and already up at 4.30am. i'm a bit worried about the nausea this is the second day in a row that the nausea lasted till past 10am - more than 5 hours sick each day. How am i going to go on holidays next week feeling like that? i hate to think flying for 12 hours feeling severely nauseated, i've done that once before and it was the worst day of my life. Going to try slow release ginger tablets and see if they help at all.

Upvote 0