• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honestly I’m surprised that I could do some of the same things at 60 that I did at 20 ( ballet) . I think it’s that sense of wonder as in I wonder how long I’m going to be able to get away with this :)
Good for you!

After retiring in 2012, I became a gym rat. It’s paid off big time.

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

cacemf

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2018
Washington, DC
✟56,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning friends! Last night I did some self care (colored my hair and did a face mask). I'm having a really bad body image day and feel dread as my body changes as I gain weight...it doesn't help with the depression/anxiety. But I know I have a distorted view of myself and can't rely on my own perception about myself. I hope you don't mind that I put this here...it's how I'm feeling today and because of all these feelings, it's so hard for me to get going...but I put one foot in front of the other and keep going the best I can even though I don't "feel" like it. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

I pray everyone has a good day, including myself. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good morning friends! Last night I did some self care (colored my hair and did a face mask). I'm having a really bad body image day and feel dread as my body changes as I gain weight...it doesn't help with the depression/anxiety. But I know I have a distorted view of myself and can't rely on my own perception about myself. I hope you don't mind that I put this here...it's how I'm feeling today and because of all these feelings, it's so hard for me to get going...but I put one foot in front of the other and keep going the best I can even though I don't "feel" like it. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

Good morning.
10:00 here in TX. Having breakfast at my favorite local diner, then off to do a Meals on Wheels route. Tomorrow a brother and I will be playing music at a retirement center.

I love the volunteer work; takes my mind of my problems and I have a sense of giving back to the community. I am also in an old man garage band with other senior rockers; great time of comraderie, using our talents, having fun and making a few bucks besides.

It is good that you treat yourself to things that make you feel good and take concrete steps to battle negative thoughts and depression, with Christ being in the center of it all. I try to make time before I get out of bed even, to pray for everyone I know who is struggling with one thing or another, both on the forum and in my real sphere of life (even the ones I want to choke sometimes, or who want to choke me.....lol!)

Depression is a roller coaster ride as we all know. I don’t always do what I know I should; sometimes I can barely think or move.....hard to care about anything, including myself.

As I mentioned earlier in another post, you seem to have a good healthy grasp on things and I am confident you will have many victories among the occasional setbacks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I feel you, as I have similar issues, and I struggle with self-care as well. Good for you for doing your hair and the face mask yesterday. You are right, you can do all things through Christ. And so can I, but sometimes I forget.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i found out yesterday that i begin to disassociate myself from myself when the going is hardest down deep. Almost like i can put my hands in my head and materialize everything i dream up, and in this way escape the carnage. It shocked me to see me do this and it reminded me of the words of my counselor that my psychosis may well be an extreme form of dissociating. It sure seemed that could be true seeing myself busy yesterday afternoon, i was trying to fantasize a better world into place right there and make it actual around me. Weird person that i am.

Upvote 0

cacemf

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2018
Washington, DC
✟56,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning.
10:00 here in TX. Having breakfast at my favorite local diner, then off to do a Meals on Wheels route. Tomorrow a brother and I will be playing music at a retirement center.

I love the volunteer work; takes my mind of my problems and I have a sense of giving back to the community. I am also in an old man garage band with other senior rockers; great time of comraderie, using our talents, having fun and making a few bucks besides.

It is good that you treat yourself to things that make you feel good and take concrete steps to battle negative thoughts and depression, with Christ being in the center of it all. I try to make time before I get out of bed even, to pray for everyone I know who is struggling with one thing or another, both on the forum and in my real sphere of life (even the ones I want to choke sometimes, or who want to choke me.....lol!)

Depression is a roller coaster ride as we all know. I don’t always do what I know I should; sometimes I can barely think or move.....hard to care about anything, including myself.

As I mentioned earlier in another post, you seem to have a good healthy grasp on things and I am confident you will have many victories among the occasional setbacks.

Good evening! :) Thank for for all the encouragement and prayers.

Yes, depression is definitely a roller coaster ride for sure and there are steps forward as well as steps backwards, but we keep going. I really need to follow your example and get back into volunteer work via church and my kid's school. I enjoyed those things, yet the depression/anxiety/trauma/eating disorder really sucked the life out of me...and for way too long! It's time to get back into life and do the things that I enjoy that will also help keep me afloat.

• Friendly
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

cacemf

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2018
Washington, DC
✟56,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel you, as I have similar issues, and I struggle with self-care as well. Good for you for doing your hair and the face mask yesterday. You are right, you can do all things through Christ. And so can I, but sometimes I forget.

:wave: Thank you! Yes...it can be easy to forget sometimes when things feel overwhelming, but we can have an unlimited source of strength to tap into!

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Overcome by sin. destroyed. defeated. lost in despair. i am nothing.
wow that sounds bad. but i feel like that every day.
So sorry to hear that. You have my prayers.

Please pm me as I think I have a resource that could be helpful with that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey everyone. Sorry I've been so absent. I've been busy.

My niece was born two days ago, prematurely, at 18 inches I think. So I'll be seeing her in about two weeks.

Otherwise, nothing exciting and worthwhile.

Upvote 0

Die_Eberesche

Mar 2, 2018
Northumbria
✟9,202.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Labour
Feeling frustrated, but guilty that such frustration veils the gifts I have been given and the blessings that I experience every day.

Still, such frustrations still pervade those days. Money struggles, making ends meet, providing for my family and giving them the life they deserve.

I need to be thankful for what I've got and keep that in the forefront of my mind. Because my family are the rock on which I am built.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My niece was born two days ago, prematurely, at 18 inches I think. So I'll be seeing her in about two weeks.

Congratulations with your baby niece, but you have to wait for two weeks before you will see her, i bet that is hard.

Good to see you are well.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling frustrated, but guilty that such frustration veils the gifts I have been given and the blessings that I experience every day.

Still, such frustrations still pervade those days. Money struggles, making ends meet, providing for my family and giving them the life they deserve.

I need to be thankful for what I've got and keep that in the forefront of my mind. Because my family are the rock on which I am built.

Yes it can be very hard to be depressed and then be the bread winner that takes much effort, i've been there and tried to do that. i stressed so much but kept my face in perfect line, so no one would detect my weakness.

Indeed counting our blessings got me through as well, raising a family is hard but rewarding work i found.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Good to see you back! Congratulations on the new family addition!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday turned out to be a great day. We went to town to buy plants and irrigation and we hang 17 hanging baskets with plants in it from our veranda. I did sleep for about an hour in the afternoon but otherwise i was busy all day, till late in the afternoon without any hassles it was greatest.

Feeling a little tired but flattish today but i did yesterday around this time as well so maybe i will pick up again.

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday turned out to be a great day. We went to town to buy plants and irrigation and we hang 17 hanging baskets with plants in it from our veranda. I did sleep for about an hour in the afternoon but otherwise i was busy all day, till late in the afternoon without any hassles it was greatest.

Feeling a little tired but flattish today but i did yesterday around this time as well so maybe i will pick up again.
Glad everything went well for you, Gerry!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling very bad, I am tired of life, currently I am being overwhelmed by an existential void. :(

i'm sorry to hear you are hurting, i've been there often enough to know what an awful place it is. Please remember that this bad time will pass, good times can be rebuild right through our depressive spells and all, especially if we have Jesus as helper.

hope that you have some good moments today.

Peace.

To God's Depressed Child,

To think less of yourself then God's own
Brings you much pain and suffering.
Your worth is an incredible high price
Also for you did Jesus die on the cross.

Depression is also what devil's lies brings inside
letting a low-self-esteem your good life rob
Untruths roaming freely through heart and mind
Evil lies extinguishing all happiness and fun.

His loving truth brings you His good life
While to believe lies brings pain and grief
So hold onto the promises Jesus made to you
and don't let Satan your good life squander.

Take hold of God's precious loving truth.
A life in Him stays safe from lies that hurt.
Jesus' truth will comfort your bleeding heart
Lovingly remaking your fallen life anew.

Upvote 0

Sérgio Junior

Sep 29, 2015
Sao Paulo
✟226,175.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i'm sorry to hear you are hurting, i've been there often enough to know what an awful place it is. Please remember that this bad time will pass, good times can be rebuild right through our depressive spells and all, especially if we have Jesus as helper.

hope that you have some good moments today.

Peace.

Thank you my brother, I also hope that today I can at least have a spark of joy. ;)

Upvote 0