• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel good most of the time now because I am not going off to do things that I would rather not. I had a dream about my soulmate today so that was nice.

I hope I don't make people have a bad day when I speak openly about myself.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not me:hug: someone else might that could happen. Personally i think it is important to discuss something so big and heavy as much as possible with people who love you. i did that as well when we keep silent then it eats us up on the inside. We have to give Jesus the opportunity to let His loving truth go over whatever we struggle with.

Peace.

Reactions: Netgear
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not me:hug: someone else might that could happen. Personally i think it is important to discuss something so big and heavy as much as possible with people who love you. i did that as well when we keep silent then it eats us up on the inside. We have to give Jesus the opportunity to let His loving truth go over whatever we struggle with.

Peace.

I was eaten up inside for a long time but I feel a lot of peace now. it's smart to talk with your loved ones about this because then you will see if you will end up doing it or if you will change your mind. it's a really solid piece of advice to give to someone who is suicidal and has people that love them. it might also help to lessen the blow if you go through with it. I also think that making sure your loved ones won't discover your body would help them out.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was eaten up inside for a long time but I feel a lot of peace now. it's smart to talk with your loved ones about this because then you will see if you will end up doing it or if you will change your mind. it's a really solid piece of advice to give to someone who is suicidal and has people that love them. it might also help to lessen the blow if you go through with it. I also think that making sure your loved ones won't discover your body would help them out.

Good you feel at peace about the situation now, that is the best state to be in when you are considering serious things like this.

i think i know a little what you are going through. i struggled for a long time with the wish to die but refrained from executing my plans because of my loved ones. It was hard at the time. i even called them selfish for refusing giving me permission or agreeing in any way with my plan to die.

It is hard to suffer deepest depression without having that opportunity available because others love you more than you love you. At least it was like that for me at the time. Only a few years ago did i stop being jealous with someone who passed away. i still don't love life down here but good can be gained each day again and that is not something we ought to miss out on. We own Jesus to at least try and love true like He does, even if it is only in part.

i hope and pray that you open your heart and heed love about this all the way brother. i don't believe that true love wouldn't want you to harm precious life in any way, do you? It is where we fail to reach His goodness that we wish to die in and that is an ongoing spiritual process of dying to the old and coming alive in the new.

Peace.

Reactions: Netgear
Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel good most of the time now because I am not going off to do things that I would rather not. I had a dream about my soulmate today so that was nice.

So glad you are doing better. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anxiety for no identifiable reason . Happens occasionally it means that something harmless to others has made me flashback to childhood abuse

Upvote 0

cacemf

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2018
Washington, DC
✟56,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello! I'm new here....

I am currently in a partial hospitalization program for an eating disorder, I just got out of residential treatment last week....I've been working very hard to try to turn my life around and handle things differently. The depression/anxiety has gotten better from where it was 2 months ago. I still struggle to push through but I'm thankful to be a little further along. Today, I feel like isolating and not going to the program, but I'm not giving into that...some days, doing what I need to do to help me recover is just going to be hard, but I work on pressing through it and doing it anyway...that's totally different from where I was just a couple months ago. I'm thankful for all the support I have in my life right now. :prayer:

I hope to connect with others here and give and receive support and encouragement. So far, I've seen great encouragement from others here. :)

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I feel like isolating myself because I’m stressed or anxious, I crawl into the bed and pull the covers over my head to block out the light and keep warm for about 15 minutes until I feel calmer. I also drink some hot liquid like herbal tea. Obviously I can’t do that cocooning at work but as soon as I get home... .I learned a long time ago to listen to my body and that’s where the the yoga and dance came in handy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anxiety for no identifiable reason . Happens occasionally it means that something harmless to others has made me flashback to childhood abuse

Hello! I'm new here....

I am currently in a partial hospitalization program for an eating disorder, I just got out of residential treatment last week....I've been working very hard to try to turn my life around and handle things differently. The depression/anxiety has gotten better from where it was 2 months ago. I still struggle to push through but I'm thankful to be a little further along. Today, I feel like isolating and not going to the program, but I'm not giving into that...some days, doing what I need to do to help me recover is just going to be hard, but I work on pressing through it and doing it anyway...that's totally different from where I was just a couple months ago. I'm thankful for all the support I have in my life right now. :prayer:

I hope to connect with others here and give and receive support and encouragement. So far, I've seen great encouragement from others here. :)

Welcome to you two i hope you will enjoy fellowshipping with us and receiving and giving support here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cacemf

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2018
Washington, DC
✟56,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today I feel like my depression is hovering over my head...recovery is hard to face every day and it's exhausting and I'm worn. It seems like it would be easier to give in to the depression and allow myself to isolate and avoid everything in life, but I know that will only make things worse, so I will push through.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel pretty good . Felt overwhelmed yesterday and when I feel like I’m running around in circles and getting nothing done I try to stop and go do something creative. Painting choreography, designing a quilt and planning out how to see it. Yesterday I decided to try something new . I made a video . They’re easy to do on a cellphone. Video was so-so but I put it on YouTube anyway( I’m trying to push an envelope because I’d wanted to try that.) Same anxiety attack I always have when I do art .( I was severely punished emotionally for being creative . I realized I was as a small child, I just hid it from my folks) . Father had that stereotype of scientists being humorless nerds.( I have a biology degree) Mother hates artists . I was the type of imaginative kid like Bobby in Bobby’s world . I actually can’t think without the creativity. I actually love science but the other side is there too. I guess my parents never heard of da Vinci

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel pretty good . Felt overwhelmed yesterday and when I feel like I’m running around in circles and getting nothing done I try to stop and go do something creative. Painting choreography, designing a quilt and planning out how to see it. Yesterday I decided to try something new . I made a video . They’re easy to do on a cellphone. Video was so-so but I put it on YouTube anyway( I’m trying to push an envelope because I’d wanted to try that.) Same anxiety attack I always have when I do art .( I was severely punished emotionally for being creative . I realized I was as a small child, I just hid it from my folks) . Father had that stereotype of scientists being humorless nerds.( I have a biology degree) Mother hates artists . I was the type of imaginative kid like Bobby in Bobby’s world . I actually can’t think without the creativity. I actually love science but the other side is there too. I guess my parents never heard of da Vinci
Funny how negative events from our childhood still affect us decades later.

I’m a bit older than you and still have my share of ugly issues from family stuff years ago when certain things are triggered.

Except with me it was not parental. They were fine, not perfect, but did their best to provide a stable environment.

I lost them at 16. My pain stems from relatives.

Good for you for pursuing your God given talents!

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honestly I’m surprised that I could do some of the same things at 60 that I did at 20 ( ballet) . I think it’s that sense of wonder as in I wonder how long I’m going to be able to get away with this :)

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I figured out what was bothering me from the other day -a blizzard was coming up the coast . I forgot I could feel storms. Sometimes being a sensitive is a real pain.

Aside I encourage people to get a hobby or hobbies because they do help with depression and anxiety. It’s hard to stay deep in the abyss when you’ve just done something you’re proud of.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0