• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you my brother, I also hope that today I can at least have a spark of joy. ;)

Psalms 34
I will extol the Lord at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
I will glory in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me:
let us exalt his name together.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from telling lies.
Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
and his ears are attentive to their cry;
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
to blot out their name from the earth.

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the Lord delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.

Evil will slay the wicked;
the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
The Lord will rescue his servants;
no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Feeling very bad, I am tired of life, currently I am being overwhelmed by an existential void. :(
Prayers for you, brother. What you are enduring has been experienced by most of us here.

May God lift you up and fill your mind and heart with joy, peace and quiet determination to help you pass through this troubling time.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks @Jeshu and @Press On !

I bought Thor: Ragnorak so I'm currently watching that. I've had this bad cough since October, and it's gotten to the point I'm starting to throw up because it's awful. Doctor says it's just allergies but allergy meds aren't helping.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks @Jeshu and @Press On !

I bought Thor: Ragnorak so I'm currently watching that. I've had this bad cough since October, and it's gotten to the point I'm starting to throw up because it's awful. Doctor says it's just allergies but allergy meds aren't helping.

The miracle cure for bad coughs is 100 percent pure unsweetened pineapple juice or better yet fresh pineapple. Do consider trying it firefly, it is really good at healing irritated throats whatever the reason, much better than cough meds. Just a few sips at the time.

Unless you have a chest cold - stuck mucus - then try grating a fresh ginger root in 4 pints of nearing boiling water - but try not to boil it - and steep covered for 20-25 minutes. Drink 1/2 pint at the time. Very good at bringing congestion up.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i've been feeling well the last few days and have been enjoying it a lot. The last few weeks have been such a roller coaster that a few days reprieve has been very welcome. Lets hope and pray it lasts for a bit.

How is everyone else?

• Friendly
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
earlier my depression had the feeling of pain in the chest on top of normal depression. that has not occurred in a while but now I don't really feel much. isolation is good. I want it even after i'm dead, I think.

I can make myself happy by rejoicing in the gifts meant for me from people that have been blessed with such and that they in turn bless others with. I especially love finding personal truths hidden in the blessing that the angels give to the world.

recently with Jesus I was told that it was better to give than to receive because giving to others makes more blessedness than the one person alone would otherwise be blessed with. I do agree with him. however I bear the shame of this world and myself. how unloving we are. how slavish we are in our ways. how separated we are one from another and how we don't make better systems of how to be in this world... even though the world feels like it's improving in various ways.

Upvote 0

cacemf

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2018
Washington, DC
✟56,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello friends!

Just checking in...it's been a productive day and I feel very motivated for recovery...that's not saying that things don't feel hard, but I am able to push through it and do things that I need to do to help myself, while at the same time practicing self care by taking breaks and allowing myself space to not get overwhelmed. I pray that your Monday went well!
Blessings!

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello friends!

Just checking in...it's been a productive day and I feel very motivated for recovery...that's not saying that things don't feel hard, but I am able to push through it and do things that I need to do to help myself, while at the same time practicing self care by taking breaks and allowing myself space to not get overwhelmed. I pray that your Monday went well!
Blessings!

So good to hear you are doing well. i hope you will continue to improve.

blessings

• Friendly
Reactions: cacemf
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello friends!

Blessings!

Glad our are doing well. We rejoice that you are having these important victories. Continued prayers for you and all here on the forum. I’m happy you are checking in with us.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sick of people telling me that "Asperger's is a gift".

It's not a gift, it's a disability people nowadays are trying to sugarcoat like they did with transgenderism. You can candy coat a dog turd but it will still taste like crap after eating it.

i reckon it is very cruel to call such an affliction a gift brother, but i do know that Jesus can make something beautiful out of bad and He can do that for you as well, i so hope He will do more than He already has.

Peace

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"It's hard to stay religious when your enemies aren't being incinerated by bolts of lightning."

I fricken love Calvin and Hobbes.

i tell you brother i have given up on religion years ago what a drag she has been in my life! Unbelievable!

i have learned to go by faith in God's loving truth, the safest way to travel down on this earth bro honestly true, for faith in God's love brings hope and hope in God never disappoints us. Religion always stokes those hot fires doesn't she? So glad the accuser burned her to cinders! Revelation 17:16-17

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling well this morning!

Psalm 103:1-6
Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits –

who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

The Lord works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.

Upvote 0