May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not really sure the two things have anything to do with each other anyway, the lack of a salary is probably for a tax dodge :D
No, it is so they can work in the WH and not have people scream NEPOTISM....not that that seems to be working......

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, it is so they can work in the WH and not have people scream NEPOTISM....not that that seems to be working......

Yeah, imagine that, it's almost as if not being paid for it doesn't stop it from being nepotistic

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And I would assume this is the penalty for doing so:
(c)
An individual appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in violation of this section is not entitled to pay, and money may not be paid from the Treasury as pay to an individual so appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced.

Same as I pointed out in an earlier post on this thread. So if someone is working in a position but accepts no pay (Ivanka and Trump Jr.).........?
Just because they're not being paid, it does not mean they are not seeing a benefit that is directly because of their unearned, unqualified position.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Do I really need to point out to a Christian member of this establishment that things can violate no laws (as they currently stand) and yet still be wrong
Only by Biblical standards if that is what you mean. Where in the Bible does it say nepotism is wrong?

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Only by Biblical standards if that is what you mean. Where in the Bible does it say nepotism is wrong?

I'm more referring to a general principle that you and I both agree with - that just because something is not illegal at this point in time does not mean it is above question.

So going 'it's not illegal tho' doesn't really mean anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Just because they're not being paid, it does not mean they are not seeing a benefit that is directly because of their unearned, unqualified position.
You mean like Obama becoming filthy rich after he leaves office?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm more referring to a general principle that you and I both agree with - that just because something is not illegal at this point in time does not mean it is above question.

So going 'it's not illegal tho' doesn't really mean anything.
Like a general principle that although abortion is legal I believe it is wrong? And here I keep being told that is just my opinion......Thanks for clearing that up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Like a general principle that although abortion is legal I believe it is wrong? And here I keep being told that is just my opinion......Thanks for clearing that up.

I mean, I'd argue hiring your family members to cover your dodgy dealings is a bit more obvious than the matter of when life begins, but you do you I guess

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Of course not....
Sorry.
Let me be clearer:

Could you explain how your obama reference is related? I honestly didn't know Malia and Sasha had multimillion dollar companies and were on the WH staff list.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry.
Let me be clearer:

Could you explain how your obama reference is related? I honestly didn't know Malia and Sasha had multimillion dollar companies and were on the WH staff list.
Not the kids, Michelle. Wrote several books while Barack was in office some that became best sellers(?). Would that have happened had she been Michelle Obama living in Podunk, IL? Sometimes nepotism is simply by association.....like Ivanka and Trump Jr......but that is not their fault.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Not the kids, Michelle. Wrote several books while Barack was in office some that became best sellers(?). Would that have happened had she been Michelle Obama living in Podunk, IL? Sometimes nepotism is simply by association.....like Ivanka and Trump Jr......but that is not their fault.
The First Lady writing books?
The horrors!

Upvote 0