Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One problem that's always existed with this chart is that it plots facts and analysis along a spectrum of "reliability" such that "facts" are scored as more reliable than "analysis", which... I can kind of see an argument for that, but it also compares apples to oranges to some degree.

The reason for that is likely because facts are objective, analysis is very subjective.

Analysis (in the way the current media outlets do it) is nothing more than "playing to ones audience" in most cases.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The reason for that is likely because facts are objective, analysis is very subjective.

Analysis (in the way the current media outlets do it) is nothing more than "playing to ones audience" in most cases.

I get it, I just don’t know that it’s the best way to plot things.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My comment was
"(they) have exhibited so much bias (in one direction or the other) over the past 3 years, that making the choice to either talk about or avoid talking about it comes with the implication that they're playing political favorites."

I don't recall stating the the problem started 3 years ago, or implying that's it's gotten exponentially worse over the past 3 years in particular.

The "past 3 years" was referring to the fact that that's how long the current president was in office.

In terms of when it really started to escalate, that seemed to happen during the transition period from Clinton to Bush.
Yes, it is interesting how media reporting seems to be highlighted as a significant "problem" by some people during recent Republican administrations. I think I explained why a few posts ago.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it is interesting how media reporting seems to be highlighted as a significant "problem" by some people during recent Republican administrations. I think I explained why a few posts ago.

It's really gone both ways...perhaps I was just too young to notice it with the Reagan & Bush 1 years...but I don't recall the hyper-partisanship creeping up until toward the end of the Clinton administration. Then we saw quite a bit of it with Bush 2, Obama, and Trump (where networks seemingly dedicated their time to making political rivals look bad)

Upvote 0