God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:scratch: What kind of junk mail are you getting in your regular/snail mail? (not Spam/junk in email) :scratch: Please dump here...example below of typical complaint about junk mail. :D

My complaint: :o I signed up for one of the agencies that supports animals a few years ago...now I get mail from about ten of them giving me labels, note pads, etc. anything to join. :eek: Can't join them all that is for sure. :sigh: And this is just one example. What is yours? Fortunately when I go SW each winter they don't forward most of it, but it still comes here when I come back. :doh:

Bless everyone's week...despite the incoming junk mail...:hug: birdie.:wave:

Reactions: day2day

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
We used to get a lot of junk mail from charities and political organizations until I started sending back the "donation" card with a note written on it "please remove from mailing list" and sending it in their postage-paid envelope. I also had a stamp made that said "Refused - Return to Sender" to stamp the items that say "address correction requested" under the return address. You just cross off your own address, stamp it "Refused - Return to Sender" (or print it by hand), draw an arrow to the return address, and put it in the mail.

Even if you can recycle the paper (I shred the personal information), it still seems like a terrible waste of trees--not good stewardship of the natural resources that God has provided.

I think they should have to pay extra postage!:mad:

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The ones I don't like and get the most of are the applications to credit cards. I get what seems like hundreds and they all say I'm pre-approved. I'm going to wait until I'm really old and ready to kick the bucket and send away for all of them then have the time of my life running them up to their limits and die with a smile on my face.:D

Upvote 0

day2day

~*~Desiring God~*~
Apr 15, 2005
USA
✟49,434.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
keeptrying said:
The ones I don't like and get the most of are the applications to credit cards. I get what seems like hundreds and they all say I'm pre-approved. I'm going to wait until I'm really old and ready to kick the bucket and send away for all of them then have the time of my life running them up to their limits and die with a smile on my face.:D
:amen: :D

Upvote 0

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟9,016.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you believe the Post Master gets junk mail too? I get so tired of those credit card offers & I hear more complaints about them than anything else. One way you get junk mail from a place you haven't heard of is that some companies sell their mailing list to other companies! Also, if you give your name & address on line for one company, again they may give your name/address to another company.

Upvote 0

MotherOfPromise

Jan 8, 2005
The South
✟26,336.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Junk mail! Such an annoyance! :mad: I hate it! Seldom do I ever buy or suscribe to anything from a piece sent through the mail that I did not request.
I have often wondered if it is really profitable for a company to send out all this junk that people toss.
Office supply places are notorious. At the church office we would get two or three catalogs a week from the same company. We only ordered one order from them about once a year of maybe a hundred dollars. They probably spent more mailing catalogs to us than the profit they made from our purchase. :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
day2day said:
What about this. I don't know how they got my name.But I recieved a letter in the mail the other day. selling grave monuments,you know {head stones}.Do they know something I don't.:eek:

Oh, :sick: wow...everyone is selling everything. This just goes too far though, I think. Thanks for the reps, day2day....:wave: birdie.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On this same topic what about the spam email. It's so nice when you first open an account because there is no spam then slowly they begin. I try to be careful not to give it out but lately I have had lots of spam and the spam filter on earthlink is not catching much of it.:(

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
keeptrying said:
On this same topic what about the spam email. It's so nice when you first open an account because there is no spam then slowly they begin. I try to be careful not to give it out but lately I have had lots of spam and the spam filter on earthlink is not catching much of it.:(

Keep...I got spam for three years on Earthlink when they were my ISP. :scratch: Lots more though with a local provider. :( Now I don't get any on AOL. :)

Once I ordered flowers online for a relative in the hospital and then got all kinds of ads in my email from various florists especially every holiday. When I went to unsubscribe this it would not work. :eek:

In the regular mail I donated some money to a charitable organization...they must have sold my mailing address..cause now I get solicitations from several. :mad:

Blessings from birdie. :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.