• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Weight Watchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My manager at work has lost 50-60lbs on Weight Watchers and she gave me all of her extra materials (the introductory booklet, a little points calculator, etc). I want to lose 100 lbs and my wife wants to drop 40, so we are giving it a shot.

We're in our first week and it's going good so far. One issue is that I have so many more points than her I feel like a hog at dinner time (I have 42 pts she has 23, I believe). If I eat the portion size I make for her that usually leaves me with a balance of 16 points for the day and I don't want to make another meal although I'm starving by bed time. Been eating like a mole throughout the day, small 0-2 pt snacks, so I'm not hungry during the day.

Anyone else had success on WW that can share tips/suggestions?

jea_6321

Aug 17, 2008
✟112.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
im not saying that by just taking a juice and not doing anything else that you will loose weight, but for me i have more energy and feel better which in turn makes me a more active person than when im tired or in pain. so by taking the product, i have lost weight and feel better. you can call that "not working" i guess but regardless of what you call it, i still lost weight and feel better.

Upvote 0

nataliexcore

n00b.
Sep 3, 2008
nine one sickness
✟7,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
super old thread bump, sorry haha.

but congrats on joining weight watchers! how is it coming along????

i joined last year when i was 17, and lost 50 pounds on the program from sept 07-march 08. i quit and kinda got lazy haha, but i've lost another 10. i was one of those people who enver though they could lose weight, but lo and behold, i did. it's very possible. i advise to eat ALL your points. you're going to have to slowly lessen the points everytime you lose weight, so you have to get used to eating them all. i never touched my flex points or whatever cos i never felt the need to. and i did use them, it would be an excuse to eat something bad like ice cream or fast food.

you can do it! i really believe in you. everyone says weight loss is hard, but really it's onyl hard in the very beginning. once you condition yourself to be used to a healthy lifestyle, it becomes second nature. you start to not really care about food as much.

also, i don't know if you attend the meetings (i loved them..) but sometimes you have to play around with different days. cos i had a WW leader who wasn't really on my wavelength, so i switched to a different day with a different leader who i loved, and it really helped with my motivation. plus everyone is so supportive. they never make you feel stupid or lame. ahh. i miss it actually haha. i wish they could see me now. =[

good luck though. you've got a road ahead of you, but the more pounds you shed the more amazed you will be with yourself. godspeed my friend!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.