why does the bible offer hope for the future but some christians die wretched?

FPhelps

Sep 9, 2022
CHADSTONE
✟22,248.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HI,
you raised some important questions that I have thought of myself. There are definitely wolves in sheep clothing at church that's for sure. I also struggle with life as a Christian sometimes, i think what is taught in some Christian churches is wrong also. Take good care.
regards
Todd

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
hi

i want to ask,
1) why are some Christians' lives so hard?
2) why are some christians so hypocritical?

1) I knew this old lady, she was very devout, but her life was wrecked. Her children died of cancer, and her husband divorced her (or died in an automobile accident, i can't recall right now). She went to church but no one wanted to befriend her, she was literally alone. No family left, quite poor, friendless. The church was my previous church, they are very judgemental. She obviously couldnt switch churches if she wanted to, that's why she didn't leave.

this woman didn't do , and didn't not do anything, for those things to happen to her family. No one can predict who will get cancer and when, it's not like she didn't do well on her job because she was slacking, or that she couldn't control her temper, that's why she's poor. Why would God allow something like this to happen to some Christians? When he said in Jeremiah that He wants to give us a hope and a future.

If you're going to answer "she will have a hope and a future in heaven", please don't bother to respond. Sure, heaven is good, but it's not fair if we suffer so much here, just for eternity in paradise, it just isn't. I'm far from saying heaven isn't worth it, what I'm saying is that sometimes in this life things are so bad that it feels like you want to die, i know it could get worse, and i know we should be grateful, and i am, but it still hurts. Why would a good lord allow this? The only reason i can think of is that the son and daughter could have done something that would have really hurt her, or others, or if they didnt die they would meet a worse end. Those are the only reasons i can think of. Do you agree?

2) Some Christians are super hypocritical. They go on a long rant everytime you meet them and claim they don't like money, but when they see a rich man or if they see money you can see their mouths water and their faces shine. I don't get what's so wrong about wanting money. I don't think it's a trait that greed gives birth to. Money is a neccessity in today's world. If I want to buy the most expensive luxurious soap because it genuinely makes me feel good, improves my skin, not because i want to brag, i don't see how that is a sin. I find it really repulsive when people try to claim they are somebody they obviously aren't. Accept your flaws for goodness sake. You're not God. I feel it's narcissistic to hide a desire for wealth or/and fame. and it's manipulative. if you don't want something or don't want people to know you want something, then just don't bring it up altogether. Why do you need to manipulate me with long rants everytime we talk? It's so irritating. Why do you think they do this, and how do i stop being so irritated? I'm not judgemental. i love human nature, but i have several petpeeves and i cant stand it anymore. i think this isn't human nature. the only people who do it are very selfish, manipulative, jealous, arrogant, narc people. i hate these type of people.
Read the book of Job. The rain falls and the sun sets on the good and bad alike. We look to God for peace in the midst of the storm, which is always on the horizon in this life, and then absolute bliss in the next life

Reactions: FPhelps
Upvote 0

FPhelps

Sep 9, 2022
CHADSTONE
✟22,248.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Read the book of Job. The rain falls and the sun sets on the good and bad alike. We look to God for peace in the midst of the storm, which is always on the horizon in this life, and then absolute bliss in the next life
that is a true and honest answer, i think even some of the bible authors had similar persepctives

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs chapter 1 and zechariah chapter 7. They aren't sincere and diligent about God. They could have His protection and blessings. Teaching or listening to traditions of men. Refusing to repent. James chapter 1, Be doers of the word, not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. Lip service won't cut it. God will only accept true worship and sound doctrine. Jesus hates fake shepherds and traditions of men. Study sound doctrine. Playing church wont cut it.

Reactions: FPhelps
Upvote 0