Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Until he flat out stops fighting for or reneges on the wall, I'm good. It is a good thing I was wrong. I thought he was going to fire people. To be honest, that would not have at all been surprising, even tho it would have been a bit mean spirited.

He still hasn't abandoned the wall so were good.

President Trump Delivers Remarks Regarding the Shutdown

We do not need 2000 miles of concrete wall from sea to shining sea. We never did. We never proposed that. We never wanted that because we have barriers at the border where our natural structures are as good as anything that we can build. They're already there. They've been there for millions of years.​

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We do not need 2000 miles of concrete wall from sea to shining sea. We never did. We never proposed that. We never wanted that because we have barriers at the border where our natural structures are as good as anything that we can build. They're already there. They've been there for millions of years.

...uh oh, he may tick off his VP with all that "Millions of years" talk given that Pence is a young earth creationist.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If their facebook feed is any indicator of what they're be reporting on...it'll be very little time spent on this, and a whole lot of time talking about how "Indiana is about to pass a bill that will allow Christianity classes in public schools"

Any time Trump loses at something (like today between caving on this deal, and his buddy Roger getting cuffed), Fox loves to trot out a bunch of non-national news stories about Conservative Wins to distract from it...

That doesn't surprise me. When the think tanks send out the e-mails in morning for that days talking points, you can tune in to show to show from early in the morning until midnight and they're all discussing the same thing. I noticed last night that Brian Williams started the 11th Hour with a 15 minute discussion on Speaker Pelosi, Trump and the shutdown whereas Laura Ingraham spent the first 15 minutes talking about the Covington High MAGA bros.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Man, it wouldn't be worth stopping the shut down, but at least having his SOTU would have been something to gain. I do not feel like Trump is very good at this whole negotiation thing at all.

Are we tired of all the winning yet?

• Haha
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I stated this a coworker, and he said Trump was a good negotiator. I asked for an example. Got nothing. The one thing Trump is good at is projecting his brand. Literally Brawndo level branding.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He lost the battle, I'll give you that. However he is still in office and still claims to be fighting for a wall. The wall is not defeated yet.

...and he lacks the power to get one, so I'm good!

The wall is finished...and so is he...

President Trump Delivers Remarks Regarding the Shutdown

We do not need 2000 miles of concrete wall from sea to shining sea. We never did. We never proposed that. We never wanted that because we have barriers at the border where our natural structures are as good as anything that we can build. They're already there. They've been there for millions of years.​

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

No, not at all. The best games are won on 4th and 10 or the swish after the buzzer. You just keep fighting to the bell rings. The wall has not been knocked out yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He lost the battle, I'll give you that. However he is still in office and still claims to be fighting for a wall. The wall is not defeated yet.

You literally quoted him saying we don't need the wall and yet you think he's still fighting for the wall?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm interested to watch Coulter tonight on Politically Incorrect -- unless she's cancelled at the last minute.

Thank you for reminding me. I've got my DVR set and it will be a hoot if she does show up. The audience was brutal last week when he announced her.

Ann Coulters tears.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.