• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

We have a deal! Funding until Feb 15

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by essentialsaltes, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+4,693
    Atheist
    US-Others
    On another note, does this mean the SOTU is back on? and could that be Trump's reasoning for this last minute cave?

2. Spiritlight

Spiritlight ✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰

+380
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    C❀ ✿ ❁ ✾

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  3. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+4,359
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Doesn't look like it:
    Matt Fuller on Twitter
    Ringo

4. Vylo

+4,693
    Atheist
    US-Others
    Man, it wouldn't be worth stopping the shut down, but at least having his SOTU would have been something to gain. I do not feel like Trump is very good at this whole negotiation thing at all.

5. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,404
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Ann is going to be a guest on real-time tonight. That should be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+5,237
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    The wall is finished...and so is he...

7. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,404
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
  8. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+2,296
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    Dems told him that they will negotiate on the wall when the government reopens. Now we will see if they do or not. If not, the next shutdown is all on them.

9. Vylo

+4,693
    Atheist
    US-Others
    They will negotiate, but that doesn't mean they will come to an agreement. I doubt they will unless Trump offers something juicy or caves.

10. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+1,415
    Christian
    Married
    I suspect that Democrats will offer the same thing they did last February -- permanent DACA laws in exchange for billions more in border funding.

11. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,152
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

What do you think of my Alternative Wall Theory?

An alternative wall..... to The Donald's Mexico - USA wall would include......
    a massive ocean water desalination facility plus.......

a huge fish farm.... that extends along much of the alternative wall.........
    infinite financing for the project will be made possible once we humans line up our
    valuation of human life..... and all life..... more so along the line of how the being of light of
    NDE fame views life..........

(Did you know that ONE nation has experienced COOLING IN ITS CLIMATE SINCE 1950)? That same nation led the world, on a per capita basis in planting trees and in desalination of ocean water for agriculture, reforestation projects and for towns experiencing drought. You got it.....ISRAEL!
    You can find this out by Googling Global Dimming.....

And with 127 TRILLION USA petrodollars in DERIVATIVES out there floating around this might be a good mega-project to divert some of them into?

Cheap Water from the World’s Largest Modern Seawater Desalination Plant

Isaiah 35

The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.

Then shall the lame man leap as a hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing; for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

7 And the glowing sand shall become a pool, and the thirsty ground springs of water: in the habitation of jackals, where they lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.

12. Ringo84

+4,359
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others

Ringo

13. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+2,296
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    True. I think it's cute how they imagine they have any actual leverage here. He's trying to make this a bipartisan effort, but I have no doubt he'll do it alone, if necessary.

14. Vylo

+4,693
    Atheist
    US-Others
    That look on Schumer's face. Christmas came early. Such is the risks with rookie politicians.

15. Vylo

+4,693
    Atheist
    US-Others
    They have leverage, Trump has none. He gave it up at that press conference like a big fat christmas present. I would like to dream you can hear McConnell screaming at that point all the way from the capital or wherever he was at that moment, because so many GOP members must have facepalmed when he did this.

16. Ringo84

+4,359
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
  17. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,739
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  18. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,571
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I almost want to watch the Fox talk shows tonight.

19. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Programmer Extraordinaire Supporter

+7,674
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    The comedic part is that if you go on the Fox News Facebook page, the outlet (and supporters) are spinning it as if it's some sort of "win" or "proof of his awesome deal-making skills". It's laughable and sad all at the same time.

I saw one person post "He's got something up his sleeve...He knows how to play those libs like a fiddle...love my president" (followed by a dozen smiley and heart emojis)

...and I'm just thinking to myself...how do people let themselves get that brainwashed?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Programmer Extraordinaire Supporter

+7,674
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    If their facebook feed is any indicator of what they're be reporting on...it'll be very little time spent on this, and a whole lot of time talking about how "Indiana is about to pass a bill that will allow Christianity classes in public schools"

Any time Trump loses at something (like today between caving on this deal, and his buddy Roger getting cuffed), Fox loves to trot out a bunch of non-national news stories about Conservative Wins to distract from it...