variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Let's not bash the poor fool for doing what was necessary for the good of the country.

There are so many other reasons to bash him.

The fact that after this fiasco you can use the clause "for the good of the country" in a sentence referring to Trump is a testament to your ability to be charitable.

He made the mess because wasn't getting what he wanted, so I am not going to applaud the man for pausing his nonsense after a month long political drubbing.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Looks like he came to his senses, my feeling hasn't changed, let's build the wall. Due consideration to the DACA dreamers and some real immigration reform, taking every measure to ensure that all illegal immigration laws are strictly enforced. Then let's build a wall, I don't think it's the answer but why not, a few billion dollars on a highly dubious agenda isn't that unusual in the United States. Let's build it and God willing, maybe we can have an intelligent debate on responsible security.

How about we say no to to the dubious agenda and move on.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,573.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Because he will keep going on about it like a spoilt child. Anyway he does not actually want a deal on the wall, or an actual effective way of dealing with immigration, how else would he galvanise his base.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because that is only going to last 3 weeks. Trump doesn't know what he is doing and McConnell has wielded unacceptable control as a result. I say give him the border security he is asking for and get him into a compromising position. Then we can move on to other matters that are mounting while we are focused on a budget process he intrudes on to make points with his base.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,150,573.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Because that is only going to last 3 weeks. Trump doesn't know what he is doing and McConnell has wielded unacceptable control as a result. I say give him the border security he is asking for and get him into a compromising position. Then we can move on to other matters that are mounting while we are focused on a budget process he intrudes on to make points with his base.
The thing is Trump is not interested in border security, or solving immigration issues, after all without immigration and the wall to bang on about how else will he galvanise his base.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ann Coulter: “Good news for George Herbert Walker Bush: As of today, he is no longer the biggest wimp ever to serve as President of the United States.”
Support the troops.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

The fault in your reasoning is that giving him what he wants will not make him do anything except continue to act out to try to get other things he wants.

We will never "move on" to anything of substance until the man isn't in office anymore.

Mitch McConnell is simply a different problem that also has to be dealt with harshly and directly.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm hearing a lot of theories that this is because the superbowl is coming up and this would cause a lot of how wealthy friends lose money.
Atlanta was sweating bullets.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The fault in your reasoning is that giving him what he wants will not make him do anything except continue to act out to try to get other things he wants.

We will never "move on" to anything of substance until the man isn't in office anymore.

Mitch McConnell is simply a different problem that also has to be dealt with harshly and directly.
Would to God it were that simple, Trump is in the Oval Office and McConnell is still the leader of the Senate. They should be dealt with now and I'm sure they are being dealt with. It's the same problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Would to God it were that simple, Trump is in the Oval Office and McConnell is still the leader of the Senate. They should be dealt with now and I'm sure they are being dealt with. It's the same problem.

I don't think giving into them is going to turn up anything positive.

I am certain our representative institutions are not functioning anywhere near correctly though which might be the bigger issue.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The wall will not be considered unless there DACA folk are given permanent status. As far as the appropriations bills, they should be presented to the president separately. If necessary a CR that covers Homeland Security until September should be passed. And yes, these should be passed with veotproff majorities once Trump either lets the Feb 15 pass without an appropriations bill.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think giving into them is going to turn up anything positive.

I am certain our representative institutions are not functioning anywhere near correctly though which might be the bigger issue.
It's always the bigger issue.

Upvote 0