United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Washington governor to Idaho officials: Stop 'clogging up my hospitals'

While they are really his hospitals, he does have a point. Washington hospitals have been taking the overflow from Idaho and limiting the use of hospitals by Washington residents.

And it is not surprising when you have a doctor that calls the vaccine fake placed on the Idaho medical board. Idaho is not doing enough to limit the spread of COVID and it is affecting the states around it.

Dr. Ryan Cole's standing on health board elicits polarizing responses

• Prayers
Reactions: ArmenianJohn

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This seems weird to me... is there really that many cases?

In my county we've had 24 now new COVID cases in the last two weeks, with zero hospitalizations and zero deaths, without any general mask mandate or anything like that.

Granted we are a smaller county but that is still only 0.05% of the population here and none so sick they need a hospital even though we have 3 hospitals servicing the county (beds are definitely available).

I find it very unbelievable that there are so many severe cases in Idaho of all places that they are filling up hospitals in neighboring states...regardless of what people there may think of the vaccine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I find it very unbelievable that there are so many severe cases in Idaho of all places that they are filling up hospitals in neighboring states...regardless of what people there may think of the vaccine.
Being incredulous doesn't mean that he's lying though

Are you suggesting to governor is lying?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It's just a curiosity... it's not impossible for it to be true... just - really odd if it is. It's not like there's some massive major outbreak right now, and if there was, Idaho is about the last place you'd think would be affected. Does anyone actually go there?

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's just a curiosity... it's not impossible for it to be true... just - really odd if it is. It's not like there's some massive major outbreak right now, and if there was, Idaho is about the last place you'd think would be affected. Does anyone actually go there?
Fair enough.

I really liked Craters of the Moon when I was a kid. And...maybe it was called Fox Lake? I'm from Alberta and we visited a few times as a kid

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fair enough.

I really liked Craters of the Moon when I was a kid. And...maybe it was called Fox Lake? I'm from Alberta and we visited a few times as a kid

I've never been...

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Washington governor to Idaho officials: Stop 'clogging up my hospitals'

While they are really his hospitals, he does have a point. Washington hospitals have been taking the overflow from Idaho and limiting the use of hospitals by Washington residents.

And it is not surprising when you have a doctor that calls the vaccine fake placed on the Idaho medical board. Idaho is not doing enough to limit the spread of COVID and it is affecting the states around it.

Dr. Ryan Cole's standing on health board elicits polarizing responses
Oregon too! One of the reasons we had to bring in the national guard. Idahoans helped fill the ICU beds in eastern Oregon, sending Eastern Oregonians to Portland. We are 77% vaccinated in my county but the ICU beds are full of unvaccinated people from other counties with low vaccination rates.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This seems weird to me... is there really that many cases?

In my county we've had 24 now new COVID cases in the last two weeks, with zero hospitalizations and zero deaths, without any general mask mandate or anything like that.

Granted we are a smaller county but that is still only 0.05% of the population here and none so sick they need a hospital even though we have 3 hospitals servicing the county (beds are definitely available).

Idaho has the lowest vaccination rate in the country.

Idaho's COVID Nightmare: Hospitals Set Crisis Standards Of Care
"Idaho is what a state looks like when it fails to flatten the curve. As in other Mountain States, beds are running out. In response to the crush of patients, which is not expected to slow anytime soon, the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (DHW) last week activated crisis standards of care. When implemented by hospitals, these plans, first formulated in April 2020 with the hope they would rarely need to be used, help guide overwhelmed medical workers on how to ration scarce resources."

The crisis standards apply to all patients — not just those with COVID-19. “There are already many patients who’ve had to delay surgery or other treatments, and if you end up in a hospital, you may receive treatment in a waiting room or a hallway,” said DHW Director Dave Jeppesen. “Each nurse and doctor will be taking care of more patients than usual. You may have to wait much longer than normal for care. You may even have to be transferred to a care facility that could be hours away.”

Upvote 0

Davorah

Ora et Labora
Sep 19, 2021
Pacific Northwest
✟17,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Washington hospitals have been taking the overflow from Idaho
It's true, it's heartbreaking and it's devastating. There is a death in our ICU daily. A death of a person with a life and a family, with hopes and dreams. I must leave my part of the discussion at that.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's true, it's heartbreaking and it's devastating. There is a death in our ICU daily. A death of a person with a life and a family, with hopes and dreams. I must leave my part of the discussion at that.
I have friends and friend parents who work on ICUs here in Alberta. Same thing.

I offer up a huge high five to you. And I will send a prayer for strength.

• Friendly
Reactions: Davorah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

I think he's stretching things.

The real problem here is that Spokane Washington and Coeur d'Alene Idaho are right across the border from each other. But Eastern Washington is much like Idaho, full of Trump enthusiasts and vax deniers. The Spokane hospitals would be filling up with or without Idaho's help.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
For what it's worth, if you take a look at the COVID map you can see Idaho is FIRMLY have issues with the whole western portion of the state (while the eastern side seems to be having an easier time generally).
I DO think that states should be obliged to serve tehir own people first and foremost.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think he's stretching things.

The real problem here is that Spokane Washington and Coeur d'Alene Idaho are right across the border from each other. But Eastern Washington is much like Idaho, full of Trump enthusiasts and vax deniers. The Spokane hospitals would be filling up with or without Idaho's help.
Sure. But then move the good people of Coeur D'Alene to another Idahoan city then....non?

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
For what it's worth, if you take a look at the COVID map you can see Idaho is FIRMLY have issues with the whole western portion of the state (while the eastern side seems to be having an easier time generally).

Well, yeah, the western side is where the bulk of the population is, including Boise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would be nice, but Spokane is much closer.

Most doctors don't like their patients going to another state for treatment, even if that state is closer than something in state.

Before we moved we were close to another state (closer than the same state) and when I was having problems and he was sending me to an ER, he absolutely didn't want me crossing the border of our state to do it. When I suggested it he said no, you need to stay in this state..

That might have something to do with medication and the reporting system or something, I dont know, but doctors do not like their patients attending another state for services, even during an emergency. They prefer the longer (depending on location) drive to something within the same state.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Most doctors don't like their patients going to another state for treatment, even if that state is closer than something in state.

Well, when it's 164 miles to the nearest decent-sized town in the same state, that's kinda rough. Gets even worse come Winter, since you have to drive over a long mountain pass that starts in Coeur d'Alene. Meanwhile, Spokane is an easy, flat drive.

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, when it's 164 miles to the nearest decent-sized town in the same state, that's kinda rough. Gets even worse come Winter, since you have to drive over a long mountain pass that starts in Coeur d'Alene. Meanwhile, Spokane is an easy, flat drive.

Interesting... thanks for the explanation..

Upvote 0