Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are not reading it right. Who is 2 Samuel 7:13 referring to? This is the context of verse 15.

I'm reading it exactly right. God is making a promise to King David (see verse 17) concerning his son, Solomon. And it was for David's sake, not Solomon's, that God promised to show mercy to Solomon - a mercy he in no way deserved.

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do you know what worship and sacrifice to the pagan idol Molech involved? It was to this evil idol that Solomon and his wives made sacrifices - human sacrifices. So, yes, Solomon was a murderer - likely many times over.

Solomon himself did not sacrifice anyone, otherwise such a thing would have definitely be written in the scriptures. Yes, many sacrifices were done due to satan and the devils his people worshipped, but Solomon seemed to have only worshipped them because his wives did, who burnt incense to them. This was when he was near death also.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Solomon himself did not sacrifice anyone, otherwise such a thing would have definitely be written in the scriptures. Yes, many sacrifices were done due to satan and the devils his people worshipped, but Solomon seemed to have only worshipped them because his wives did, who burnt incense to them. This was when he was near death also.

There was only sacrifice made to these vile idols because Solomon allowed it. If he had obeyed God, such sacrifices made in Israel should have been punished with death. But he made it possible for his wives to sacrifice children to Molech, building for them a place of worship of this evil idol. So, even if Solomon was not putting babies on the red-hot arms of Molech himself, he was at least complicit in their murder which, as far as I'm concerned, still makes him a murderer.

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
There was only sacrifice made to these vile idols because Solomon allowed it. If he had obeyed God, such sacrifices made in Israel should have been punished with death. But he made it possible for his wives to sacrifice children to Molech, building for them a place of worship of this evil idol. So, even if Solomon was not putting babies on the red-hot arms of Molech himself, he was at least complicit in their murder which, as far as I'm concerned, still makes him a murderer.

Truthfully, I wasn't aware that him or his wives were involved in child sacrifice, since it's explicitly mentioned that kings afterwards made their children pass through the fire as a sacrifice. And yes, you're completely right, his wives should have been put to death for worshipping idols, if he kept to the law of Moses. If it was the case that his wives were sacrificing his children to Moloch (which I don't think was the case as I believe t would have been explicitly stated), he would have been facilitating murder.

Even still, he didn't seek repentance from God, and died worshipping these demons and satan, which is why I believe he was not in any way saved.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

David7818

Mar 20, 2018
sacramento
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Got Questions website does not believe in Replacement Theology and they are unsure of Solomon's status with God. They actually do not think we should use the terms saved in relation to the OT saints. This of course is wrong to say this. OT saints went to Paradise or Abraham's bosom.

I have heard others say he was not saved like Dan Corner, etc.
If Solomon was a good man he was saved.

Upvote 0

David7818

Mar 20, 2018
sacramento
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did he know this?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm reading it exactly right. God is making a promise to King David (see verse 17) concerning his son, Solomon. And it was for David's sake, not Solomon's, that God promised to show mercy to Solomon - a mercy he in no way deserved.

Yes. But this proves my case and not yours. You said before Solomon was a scumbag at the end of his life. So are you saying you believe Solomon was saved despite him being sinful? While God did promise David that his kingdom would last forever, I do not believe God forced salvation upon Solomon as a result of David (if that is what you are saying). The text does not say that. What I believed happened is that God is able to place souls into whatever time or place of His choosing (See Note below). We see in Ecclesiastes about how Solomon records how a life of chasing after riches and other things is vanity. Only fearing God and keeping his commandments is the whole duty of man.

Side Note:

In regards to God placing souls into whatever time and place of his choosing:

Let me give you an example: Imagine a bunch of balls of light at God's feet before the Lord created everything. Now say these balls of light are the souls of everyone who has ever lived. God already knows who is going to accept Him and who is going to reject Him from looking at all these lights. So the Lord can then pick up one of these balls of light and place it it into whatever time line or place as He so desires. For God had created a line of believers from Abraham to Joseph. What are the odds of that happening? What about the 144,000 jews in the end times who will accept Jesus mentioned in Revelation chapter 7?

Everyone of those balls of lights still has a free will choice to accept or reject God. The Lord is simply sovereign over all time to know what their decision was going to be and He has placed them into the timeline and place of His choosing. For God had declared the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David7818

Mar 20, 2018
sacramento
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Truthfully, I wasn't aware that him or his wives were involved in child sacrifice, since it's explicitly mentioned that kings afterwards made their children pass through the fire as a sacrifice. And yes, you're completely right, his wives should have been put to death for worshipping idols, if he kept to the law of Moses. If it was the case that his wives were sacrificing his children to Moloch (which I don't think was the case as I believe t would have been explicitly stated), he would have been facilitating murder.

Even still, he didn't seek repentance from God, and died worshipping these demons and satan, which is why I believe he was not in any way saved.
If you're saved prior to worshipping Satan, then it could still count even though you die, and Demons do not belong to Satan. Satan is a young archangel, not a demon.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If Solomon was a good man he was saved.

I believe he was saved not based upon his own merit alone. I believe he was saved by God's grace in the end by his crying out to God for forgiveness.

Upvote 0