Was Solomon Saved?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK then, what makes you think this has anything to do with the afterlife?

First, it is illogical for David to talk about salvation in Psalms 51, if that salvation would not continue on after he died.

Second, OT saints were saved by Jesus.

1 "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:1-4).

Three, Jesus told the thief on the cross that He would be with Him that very day in paradise.

Four, in the Story of Lazarus and the Rich-man, we learn that Lazarus was going to be comforted and the Rich-man was going to be in torments. This took place during the time of Moses because the Rich-man wanted to warn his brothers about hell, but Abraham said to him that they have Moses and the prophets and they can hear them instead. So this story (that was an account of the after-life) took place during the time of Moses.

Side Note:

The Story of Lazarus and the Rich-man was not a parable. It was not called a parable. It had names of specific people (Which was unlike any other parable). It also did not take place in the real world like the other parables, as well. Besides, even if it was a parable it would not change anything. All of Jesus' parables were based upon things things that could happen in the real world. They were real world examples to illustrate spiritual truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK then, what makes you think this has anything to do with the afterlife?

At Any Moment or in the Future: The Dead in Christ Will Be Taken From Abraham's Bosom By the Pre-Trib Rapture:
(Both the Old Testament Saints and Church Age Saints in Abraham's Bosom Are Called to Rise To Meet the Lord in the Air. For in the Rapture: The Dead in Christ Shall Rise First):

Zechariah 9:11 NIV and 1 Thessalonians 4:16

For... I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit. And with the trump of God... the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Commentary - Zechariah 9:11 and Thessalonians 4:16

Zechariah 9:11 is a prophetic Old Testament passage about the taking up of the saints from Abraham's bosom.

What is Abraham's Bosom?

Abraham's bosom (which is also known as Paradise) is described in Luke 16:19-31. It is a real place of comfort within the spirit realm; A temporary paradise where the saint's soul and spiritual body resides consciously to be with the Lord when their physical body dies (Genesis 3:19) (Ecclesiastes 12:7) (Luke 16:22). This paradise is located within the realm of the dead below the Earth (Which is also known as Sheol or Hades) which is separated by a great gulf from the fiery place of punishment known as "Torments" or what is commonly known as "Hell" (Luke 16:26) (Luke 16:23). It will be a place where the saint will be comforted (Luke 16:25). But, why is Abraham's bosom also called Paradise? Well, on the day of Christ's sacrifice, he had told the thief on the cross that: "This day, you shall be with me in Paradise" (Luke 23:43). But yet, Scripture tells us that when Christ died, he was in the heart of the Earth for three days and three nights, though (Matthew 12:40). So this leads us to conclude that during Christ's three days within the grave before His resurrection, He was with the thief in Abraham's bosom which is located in the heart (or the center) of the Earth.

Does Abraham's Bosom Still Exist Within the Church Age Today?

The real life story (or event) told by Jesus within Luke 16:19-31 took place during the time of Moses (Luke 16:29). However, the important question that must be asked is: Does Abraham's Bosom still exist today, though?

Well, yes, I believe according to the plain reading of Scripture that Abraham's bosom still exists today within our present church age. For all true saints who die in Christ right now will go to be with the Lord down in Abraham's bosom and then later they will be taken up into Heaven when the Rapture occurs. For how else will the dead in Christ rise first? See 1 Thessalonians 4:16. Do the dead in Christ rise to go to Heaven and then come back down somewhere temporarily to be risen again at the Rapture? Do they rise in Christ twice spiritually? If so, where is the verse that explains this?

In fact, many Christians today who are well versed in studying the Scriptures believe they go straight to Heaven; This is a common misconception because they interpret the ascension of Christ mentioned in Ephesians 4:8 as the time of when the saints in Abraham's bosom are being taken to Heaven.

Ephesians 4:8 - "When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive."

In other words, based on this passage, most Christians believe that Christ led those saints who were in captivity in Abraham's bosom captive up into Heaven when Christ ascended. However, is this what Ephesians 4:8 is talking about, though?

No, actually it is actually talking about how when Christ ascended, He bound the enemy or the powers of darkness. How so? Well, our first clue to this fact is to look at the parallel reference of this passage located in Judges chapter five.

Judges 5:12 - "Awake, awake, Deborah: awake, awake, utter a song: arise, Barak, and lead your captives captive, you son of Abinoam."

Now, without boring you with all the details, to make a long story short, if you were to read Judged chapter 5, you would find out that Barak was leading his enemies captive and not his friends. To put it to you another way, the moment a true Christian is born again and then dedicates their life to Christ, they are then no longer Christ's enemy. For those in Abraham's bosom are God's elect or chosen who had put their trust in God to redeem them of their sins (See Luke 16:19-31).

As a matter of fact, Gill's Exposition of the Bible says this...
"He led captivity captive; which is expressive of Christ's conquests and triumph over sin, Satan, the world, death, and the grave; and indeed, every spiritual enemy of his and his people, especially the devil, who leads men captive at his will, and is therefore called captivity, and his principalities and powers, whom Christ has spoiled and triumphed over;" And 2nd Timothy says this...

2 Timothy 2:26 - "And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. For when Christ had raised from the dead he put all things including the principalities and powers of darkness under his feet."

Therefore, the word "captivity" is a reference to Satan leading people captive to his will and lets us know the true context or meaning behind Ephesians 4:8.

For when Christ had risen from the dead, He put all things including the principalities and powers of darkness under his feet.

Ephesians 1:20-23 "Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all."

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
At Any Moment or in the Future: The Dead in Christ Will Be Taken From Abraham's Bosom By the Pre-Trib Rapture:
(Both the Old Testament Saints and Church Age Saints in Abraham's Bosom Are Called to Rise To Meet the Lord in the Air. For in the Rapture: The Dead in Christ Shall Rise First):

Zechariah 9:11 NIV and 1 Thessalonians 4:16

For... I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit. And with the trump of God... the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Commentary - Zechariah 9:11 and Thessalonians 4:16

Zechariah 9:11 is a prophetic Old Testament passage about the taking up of the saints from Abraham's bosom.

What is Abraham's Bosom?

Abraham's bosom (which is also known as Paradise) is described in Luke 16:19-31. It is a real place of comfort within the spirit realm; A temporary paradise where the saint's soul and spiritual body resides consciously to be with the Lord when their physical body dies (Genesis 3:19) (Ecclesiastes 12:7) (Luke 16:22). This paradise is located within the realm of the dead below the Earth (Which is also known as Sheol or Hades) which is separated by a great gulf from the fiery place of punishment known as "Torments" or what is commonly known as "Hell" (Luke 16:26) (Luke 16:23). It will be a place where the saint will be comforted (Luke 16:25). But, why is Abraham's bosom also called Paradise? Well, on the day of Christ's sacrifice, he had told the thief on the cross that: "This day, you shall be with me in Paradise" (Luke 23:43). But yet, Scripture tells us that when Christ died, he was in the heart of the Earth for three days and three nights, though (Matthew 12:40). So this leads us to conclude that during Christ's three days within the grave before His resurrection, He was with the thief in Abraham's bosom which is located in the heart (or the center) of the Earth.

Does Abraham's Bosom Still Exist Within the Church Age Today?

The real life story (or event) told by Jesus within Luke 16:19-31 took place during the time of Moses (Luke 16:29). However, the important question that must be asked is: Does Abraham's Bosom still exist today, though?

Well, yes, I believe according to the plain reading of Scripture that Abraham's bosom still exists today within our present church age. For all true saints who die in Christ right now will go to be with the Lord down in Abraham's bosom and then later they will be taken up into Heaven when the Rapture occurs. For how else will the dead in Christ rise first? See 1 Thessalonians 4:16. Do the dead in Christ rise to go to Heaven and then come back down somewhere temporarily to be risen again at the Rapture? Do they rise in Christ twice spiritually? If so, where is the verse that explains this?

In fact, many Christians today who are well versed in studying the Scriptures believe they go straight to Heaven; This is a common misconception because they interpret the ascension of Christ mentioned in Ephesians 4:8 as the time of when the saints in Abraham's bosom are being taken to Heaven.

Ephesians 4:8 - "When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive."

In other words, based on this passage, most Christians believe that Christ led those saints who were in captivity in Abraham's bosom captive up into Heaven when Christ ascended. However, is this what Ephesians 4:8 is talking about, though?

No, actually it is actually talking about how when Christ ascended, He bound the enemy or the powers of darkness. How so? Well, our first clue to this fact is to look at the parallel reference of this passage located in Judges chapter five.

Judges 5:12 - "Awake, awake, Deborah: awake, awake, utter a song: arise, Barak, and lead your captives captive, you son of Abinoam."

Now, without boring you with all the details, to make a long story short, if you were to read Judged chapter 5, you would find out that Barak was leading his enemies captive and not his friends. To put it to you another way, the moment a true Christian is born again and then dedicates their life to Christ, they are then no longer Christ's enemy. For those in Abraham's bosom are God's elect or chosen who had put their trust in God to redeem them of their sins (See Luke 16:19-31).

As a matter of fact, Gill's Exposition of the Bible says this...
"He led captivity captive; which is expressive of Christ's conquests and triumph over sin, Satan, the world, death, and the grave; and indeed, every spiritual enemy of his and his people, especially the devil, who leads men captive at his will, and is therefore called captivity, and his principalities and powers, whom Christ has spoiled and triumphed over;" And 2nd Timothy says this...

2 Timothy 2:26 - "And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. For when Christ had raised from the dead he put all things including the principalities and powers of darkness under his feet."

Therefore, the word "captivity" is a reference to Satan leading people captive to his will and lets us know the true context or meaning behind Ephesians 4:8.

For when Christ had risen from the dead, He put all things including the principalities and powers of darkness under his feet.

Ephesians 1:20-23 "Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all."

You are using all Christian commentary. I would expect them to spin things.

When you spiritualize a passage you can make it mean whatever you want.

There is nothing explicit in the OT about salvation, that is, life after death.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Because there is no life after death. The kingdom of God will be here on earth.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
The church I grew up in believed no one from the OT was saved because they did not know the Name Jesus.
To believe a loving God would create thousands (millions?) of people who would spend eternity in hell through no fault of their own doesn't make sense to me.

• Agree
Reactions: frater_domus
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
To believe a loving God would create thousands (millions?) of people who would spend eternity in hell through no fault of their own doesn't make sense to me.

Who ever said they were without fault? I've never met someone who was without fault.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Was Solomon Saved?

Yes, I believe Solomon was saved for several key reasons.

#1. Solomon wrote books in our Bible. We do not have a book of Judas or a book of Balaam.

#2. We know Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes and the conclusion of those writings was warning the young youth who goes after lustful desires will face God's judgment (Ecclesiastes 11:9) The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14). This I believe is Solomon writing about himself.

#3. Solomon is called beloved of his God in Nehemiah 13:26.

#4. Jesus Christ never mentions Solomon in an unfavorable light but in a positive way. This is important because Jesus Christ nor any other prophet or disciple ever mentioned somebody that was damned in a favorable sense. In fact, I believe there are important spiritual points that are made by understanding why Jesus spoke about Solomon in a positive way (More on this to come).

#5. 2 Samuel chapter 7 tells us God would take away his mercy from Saul but he would not take away it away from Solomon. For God says that He will be a father to Solomon and he will be like his son, if he commits iniquity he will be chastened by the Lord with a rod of iron. This is an important fact to understand because the New Testament says, "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth" (Hebrews 12:6). Anyways, here is the passage in 2nd Samuel.

2 Samuel 7:12-16
12 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."

Anyways, this is why I believe Solomon will be at the first resurrection and not the second.

I hope this helps.

And may God bless you.

Side Note:

Oh, and Saul will be at the 2nd resurrection, which is the resurrection of the damned. Saul had committed suicide and could not have repented of such a sin. So he obviously is in Torments (awaiting destruction in the Lake of Fire) and he did not go to Abraham's bosom (i.e. Paradise).
d
Was Solomon Saved?

#1. Solomon wrote books in our Bible. We do not have a book of Judas or a book of Balaam.

#2. We know Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes and the conclusion of those writings was warning the young youth who goes after lustful desires will face God's judgment (Ecclesiastes 11:9) The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14). This I believe is Solomon writing about himself.

#4. Jesus Christ never mentions Solomon in an unfavorable light but in a positive way. This is important because Jesus Christ nor any other prophet or disciple ever mentioned somebody that was damned in a favorable sense. In fact, I believe there are important spiritual points that are made by understanding why Jesus spoke about Solomon in a positive way (More on this to come).

#5. 2 Samuel chapter 7 tells us God would take away his mercy from Saul but he would not take away it away from Solomon. For God says that He will be a father to Solomon and he will be like his son, if he commits iniquity he will be chastened by the Lord with a rod of iron. This is an important fact to understand because the New Testament says, "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth" (Hebrews 12:6). Anyways, here is the passage in 2nd Samuel.

12 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."

Anyways, this is why I believe Solomon will be at the first resurrection and not the second.

I hope this helps.

And may God bless you.

Side Note:

Oh, and Saul will be at the 2nd resurrection, which is the resurrection of the damned. Saul had committed suicide and could not have repented of such a sin. So he obviously is in Torments (awaiting destruction in the Lake of Fire) and he did not go to Abraham's bosom (i.e. Paradise).

Why wouldn't the wisest man in the OT be saved? All people of faith in God from the beginning are saved. Christ's sacrifice was imputed to them. I'm not talking about faith in false gods or false religions. I'm talking about those who knew God from Adam, his family line through Seth (Gen. 5), through Noah to Abraham and all the OT Chosen who lived by faith.
We need to be careful in the present to not say who will go to heaven or to hell. (Romans 10:6, 7)

Were Old Testament believers saved by Jesus? | Biblword.net

Upvote 0

Christian_Follower

http://seekingbiblicaltruth.weebly.com
Mar 13, 2018
South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Solomon Saved?

I hope this helps.

And may God bless you.

Side Note:

I don't want to guess if he was or wasn't so instead I open the Bible....
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Kings 11:1-23 - Holman Christian Standard Bible
Solomon's Heart Turned Away to worship foreign (fake) gods.... and lo and behold God was angry with Solomon and shift judgement came upon him and his household.. this is why we had the divided Kingdoms

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are using all Christian commentary.

It is my commentary and not another person's commentary.

You said:

If you believe I am making those pieces of Scripture say what I want them to say, then please explain to me how I am doing that. Your just saying that, does not make it so.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to guess if he was or wasn't so instead I open the Bible....
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Kings 11:1-23 - Holman Christian Standard Bible
Solomon's Heart Turned Away to worship foreign (fake) gods.... and lo and behold God was angry with Solomon and shift judgement came upon him and his household.. this is why we had the divided Kingdoms

Did you look at my points in Scripture in the OP?
Please look at the passage in point #5.
This to me really seals the deal that Solomon was saved.

Upvote 0

31gH9N.9.

Dec 27, 2016
USA
✟30,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was evidence God was working in the Catholic faith, and to him that meant the entire Bible was a lie. So he quit

Wait... what? So what did he do after that?

Also, what did the church believe about the saints of the OT as far as where they went for eternity?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why wouldn't the wisest man in the OT be saved? All people of faith in God from the beginning are saved. Christ's sacrifice was imputed to them. I'm not talking about faith in false gods or false religions. I'm talking about those who knew God from Adam, his family line through Seth (Gen. 5), through Noah to Abraham and all the OT Chosen who lived by faith.
We need to be careful in the present to not say who will go to heaven or to hell. (Romans 10:6, 7)

Were Old Testament believers saved by Jesus? | Biblword.net

Yes. I believed Solomon was saved. See my OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's a secret: Hell is not eternal. The word eternal is an English word from the Greek, "aion, aionios or aionion". This word has variable meanings but mostly when it is applied to temporal things, it means age(s), lifetime(s), epoch(s), generation(s), world. All temporal things will pass away. Hades and Death will be cast into the Lake of Fire and destroyed.
Other words that are misinterpreted are destroyed and perish. Destroy means to put an end to, same with perish. It may take time, but there is an end to it. You can't destroy something over and over again forever. Btw, forever when correctly translated come from aionios as well and means for ages. Everlasting then means, age-lasting or age-during. [Youngs Literal Translation is helpful for these specific words]
So the damned, who will be destroyed are not indestructible, likewise, an imperishable perishing doesn't make sense either.
So then, "eternal" is correctly used when it is applied to God, His domain and our salvation, things that will go on. The dead who are damned will be thrown into a Lake of Fire and be destroyed, like paper is destroyed. Hell had been a confusing concept that has kept people away from Christianity for that reason.
Now, I will get the majority of people who hold to this traditional eternal view of hell and for them, don't bother in your rebuttal, I don't want to derail the thread. If eternal hell is acceptable to you, if you think you can live in heaven for eternity while billions of souls are suffering in an eternal torture chamber, well ... you go with that thought.
God is just, fair and merciful. Some people live 20 or 30 years of sinning. Does eternal damnation sound like a just judgment for that? God taught us His justice all through the Bible and it was always fair. His punishments were fair and just but they were always finite. So think of Hades as part of the underworld, this earth and the Lake of Fire on/in earth as well. If you can accept that, that they are not in some spiritual location, then you can believe that "all former things will pass away" -- meaning they are temporal.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. I believed Solomon was saved. See my OP.
I know, I was just saying why would you have to make a case for it to begin with? I mean, of all people, who would think Solomon wouldn't be saved? I suppose those who hate Jews would, who perpetrate a false doctrine of Replacement Theology ... I guess?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you a modern-day Saducee?

You greatly err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.

39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? (John 5:39-47)

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25-26)

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. (John 8:56)

Thou, O Lord, shalt keep us, and shalt preserve us, from this generation, and for ever. (Psalm 12:7)

But I shall appear in righteousness before Thy face: I shall be satisfied when Thy glory appears. (Psalm 17:15)

He asked life of thee, and thou gavest him length of days for ever and ever. (Psalm 21:4)

One thing have I asked of the Lord, this will I seek after: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, that I may behold the delight of the Lord, and that I may visit His holy temple. (Psalm 26)

Save Thy people and bless Thine inheritance; shepherd them and bear them up unto eternity. (Psalm 27)

Behold, the eyes of the Lord are upon them that fear Him, upon them that hope in His mercy. To deliver their souls from death... (Psalm 32)

The Lord will redeem the souls of His servants (Psalm 33)

the Lord upholdeth the righteous... The Lord knoweth the ways of the blameless and their inheritance shall be for ever.The righteous shall inherit the earth and shall dwell therein unto ages of ages. (Psalm 36)

I could go on and on....

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟175,096.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
King David was anointed - having such a close relationship with God it would be obvious he learned quite a few spiritual principles and the mysteries of God. He also had a prophetic gift and I would say knew more than all of us about God.

We teach our children about God don't we? Did David teach Solomon what he knew? Yes. Would that include repenting - yes.

Solomon faced the consequences of his actions - he wanted peace. He gained enemies in the end.

The Ten commandments mention the children suffer for the sins of the parents to the third and fourth generation. His own son would suffer as a result. Solomon was spiritually aware to know the violation of the ten commandments and the consequences. Did he repent? - I bet he did ( he was wise enough )- he would have been disappointed with himself and more than a little sorry for causing problems for his successor.

The very best of them failed and so do we.
It's great to have a mediator in heaven and a New Covenant :)

My question is - when did Solomon realize he had done wrong?
Did he not spot his own Sin?
Why did he deviate from the straight path that he talked about

Was Solomon's Sin even greater because he knew more ?

Do our children suffer for our sins?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The church I grew up in believed no one from the OT was saved because they did not know the Name Jesus.
OT believers were saved and I will prove it.

The sacrifices of OT were sufficient until Jesus came. When He came, God made a new covenant so that now those who take Jesus as the lamb who was slain as the sacrifice for sins are saved.

OT had faith in God so no doubt when Jesus came, if they were alive, they would also believe in Him as their messiah/ Saviour

The story about Lazuras and the rich man show that there was a chasm in place where the rich man was not saved and lazuras was saved and was present with Abraham. Both have died before Jesus and one was in a saved environment and the other was not.

The thing is that Abraham having faith in God was counted righteous.
In Romans 4 we see that It was not works that saved Abraham but his faith. Moses had faith, all the saints in the OT had faith. So we see in scripture it was credited as righteous those who had faith in God.

Were OT saints saved without Jesus? Yes because God says so. Jesus was the new covenant so now He is the one we must have faith in.

Upvote 0