Was Solomon Saved?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Was Solomon Saved?

Yes, I believe Solomon was saved for several key reasons.

#1. Solomon wrote books in our Bible. We do not have a book of Judas or a book of Balaam.

#2. We know Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes and the conclusion of those writings was warning the young youth who goes after lustful desires will face God's judgment (Ecclesiastes 11:9) The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14). This I believe is Solomon writing about himself.

#3. Solomon is called beloved of his God in Nehemiah 13:26.

#4. Jesus Christ never mentions Solomon in an unfavorable light but in a positive way. This is important because Jesus Christ nor any other prophet or disciple ever mentioned somebody that was damned in a favorable sense. In fact, I believe there are important spiritual points that are made by understanding why Jesus spoke about Solomon in a positive way (More on this to come).

#5. 2 Samuel chapter 7 tells us God would take away his mercy from Saul but he would not take away it away from Solomon. For God says that He will be a father to Solomon and he will be like his son, if he commits iniquity he will be chastened by the Lord with a rod of iron. This is an important fact to understand because the New Testament says, "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth" (Hebrews 12:6). Anyways, here is the passage in 2nd Samuel.

2 Samuel 7:12-16
12 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."

Anyways, this is why I believe Solomon will be at the first resurrection and not the second.

I hope this helps.

And may God bless you.

Side Note:

Oh, and Saul will be at the 2nd resurrection, which is the resurrection of the damned. Saul had committed suicide and could not have repented of such a sin. So he obviously is in Torments (awaiting destruction in the Lake of Fire) and he did not go to Abraham's bosom (i.e. Paradise).

Last edited:

The_Believer7

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Midwest
✟3,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Solomon Saved?

#1. Solomon wrote books in our Bible. We do not have a book of Judas or a book of Balaam.

#2. We know Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes and the conclusion of those writings was warning the young youth who goes after lustful desires will face God's judgment (Ecclesiastes 11:9) The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14). This I believe is Solomon writing about himself.

#4. Jesus Christ never mentions Solomon in an unfavorable light but in a positive way. This is important because Jesus Christ nor any other prophet or disciple ever mentioned somebody that was damned in a favorable sense. In fact, I believe there are important spiritual points that are made by understanding why Jesus spoke about Solomon in a positive way (More on this to come).

#5. 2 Samuel chapter 7 tells us God would take away his mercy from Saul but he would not take away it away from Solomon. For God says that He will be a father to Solomon and he will be like his son, if he commits iniquity he will be chastened by the Lord with a rod of iron. This is an important fact to understand because the New Testament says, "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth" (Hebrews 12:6). Anyways, here is the passage in 2nd Samuel.

12 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."

Anyways, this is why I believe Solomon will be at the first resurrection and not the second.

I hope this helps.

And may God bless you.

Side Note:

Oh, and Saul will be at the 2nd resurrection, which is the resurrection of the damned. Saul had committed suicide and could not have repented of such a sin. So he obviously is in Torments (awaiting destruction in the Lake of Fire) and he did not go to Abraham's bosom (i.e. Paradise).

I believe that Solomon was saved ...

Upvote 0

The_Believer7

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Midwest
✟3,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Solomon Saved?

I hope this helps.

And may God bless you.

Side Note:

I believe that Solomon was saved ...

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
The church I grew up in believed no one from the OT was saved because they did not know the Name Jesus.

Absurd.
They believed in Messiah to come, besides Christ preached to them when he rested in the tomb.
You know like we recite in the creed ?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Was Solomon Saved?

I hope this helps.

And may God bless you.

Side Note:

I believe the Lord forgives anyone who has repented. Up until that time, it can be pretty rough.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absurd.
They believed in Messiah to come, besides Christ preached to them when he rested in the tomb.
You know like we recite in the creed ?
Not absurd in their way of thinking.

If the ancients did not know the name "Jesus" they could not be saved. No preaching after death would change that.

As to the creeds, they saw them as Catholic, something to be avoided at all costs. In fact, the founding pastor left the faith altogether when he found out about the Catholic Charismatic renewal. It was evidence God was working in the Catholic faith, and to him that meant the entire Bible was a lie. So he quit.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So do I. Its written he went to rest with his forefathers when de died.
I agree. It would have said if he was cut off from the covenant and people of God.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Not absurd in their way of thinking.

If the ancients did not know the name "Jesus" they could not be saved. No preaching after death would change that.

As to the creeds, they saw them as Catholic, something to be avoided at all costs. In fact, the founding pastor left the faith altogether when he found out about the Catholic Charismatic renewal. It was evidence God was working in the Catholic faith, and to him that meant the entire Bible was a lie. So he quit.

Fascinating...
Btw Im sorry if I came across as rude in my other post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fascinating...
Btw Im sorry if I came across as rude in my other post.
Sad, very sad actually. I have prayed for him to come to his senses for decades. That happened in the late 1960s.

And I did not see your post as rude at all.
:)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The church I grew up in believed no one from the OT was saved because they did not know the Name Jesus.

That is odd.

I believe the story of Lazarus and the rich man took place during the time of Moses because Abraham said to the rich man that his brothers have Moses and the prophets to hear. Lazarus was going to receive good things unlike the rich man.

• Agree
Reactions: frater_domus
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is odd.

I believe the story of Lazarus and the rich man took place during the time of Moses because Abraham said to the rich man that his brothers have Moses and the prophets to hear. Lazarus was going to receive good things unlike the rich man.
That was a parable, not a real event.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Was Solomon Saved?

I hope this helps.

And may God bless you.

Side Note:

Where is there anything in the OT about getting 'saved?'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was a parable, not a real event.

Where does it say it is a parable?
Also, what other parable uses actual names?
What other parable talks about something we cannot relate to in the real world (like the afterlife)?

So no. It is not a parable.
Parables are real world examples used to illustrate a spiritual truth.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where is there anything in the OT about getting 'saved?'

“Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.” (Psalms 51:12).
‭‭

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think this has anything to do with going to heaven?

I didn’t say Heaven. I believe the OT saints (who are all dead) and the NT saints who die currently will go to Abraham’s bosom or Paradise in the heart of the Earth. After the Rapture, all saints who die in the Lord will go directly to Heaven then. However, the final resting place with God will be on the New Earth.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn’t say Heaven. I believe the OT saints (who are all dead) and the NT saints who die currently will go to Abraham’s bosom or Paradise in the heart of the Earth. After the Rapture, all saints who die in the Lord will go directly to Heaven then. However, the final resting place with God will be on the New Earth.

OK then, what makes you think this has anything to do with the afterlife?

Upvote 0