Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
People can backslide. I've done so myself. There was a time when no one would have thought me a Christian except God and myself. The question has to be, can an individual who is born again, who has eternal life, kill that eternal life? If eternal life can die, it is not eternal.

For sure Christians can lose the experience of salvation. I know about 20 who are in that position. They could be restored and get back on track. I know some who have done that also. Those who are backslidden are in the worst possible situation. They have no help from God because they have turned away. Satan does his best to keep them in the mire. It's like being in no man's land, being shot at from both sides.

Those who are born again will be restored, one way or another. That is God's promise. Some will miss out on Kingdom rewards. Some will be saved but lose everything (1 Corinthians 3:15)
We will always be welcomed back into the fold by the Good Shepherd as illustrated in the parable of the prodigal son.

There are those who go back into the world thinking they are Always Saved, and this concerns me.

Reactions: RickReads
Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Back up your remarks if you can, predestined-called-justified-glorified, saved just once, waiting to be glorified and yet already glorified from God`s point of view.
:
v

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Jesus died for the whole world. In the beginning everyone was predestined to be saved, then entered Satan and a gulf between man and God. Now we need to accept Jesus as our Saviour, and never do an Adam and Eve otherwise we shall be ejected from the presence of the Lord.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus died for the whole world. In the beginning everyone was predestined to be saved, then entered Satan and a gulf between man and God. Now we need to accept Jesus as our Saviour, and never do an Adam and Eve otherwise we shall be ejected from the presence of the Lord.

I don`t know what an adam and eve doing is.

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Ok, sorry I didn`t know. You don`t seem to be using it today.
I accepted Christ as my Saviour in Sunday School and asked to be baptised age 12. I am 76 and have followed the Lord all the days of my life. It wouldn't harm you to listen to someone a little older and wiser.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I accepted Christ as my Saviour in Sunday School and asked to be baptised age 12. I am 76 and have followed the Lord all the days of my life. It wouldn't harm you to listen to someone a little older and wiser.
Yes sir.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I wasn`t trying to be. I have always respected my elders from my youth.
It is not about doffing the cap just because someone happened to be born before you or me, they might not be worthy of respect. Go to Bible Gateway and read up on the Christian attributes of meekness and humility.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now we need to accept Jesus as our Saviour, and never do an Adam and Eve otherwise we shall be ejected from the presence of the Lord.
where does the bible say that " we must accept Jesus " as savior ?

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It is not about doffing the cap just because someone happened to be born before you or me, they might not be worthy of respect. Go to Bible Gateway and read up on the Christian attributes of meekness and humility.

I don`t think respect is always about worthiness. I also believe there is a time to be bold. In this setting it`s appropiate to boldly defend the gospel. In real life situations I don`t come on strong to people, I don`t find it particularly helpful. People usually need a little love.

Is your pastor meek behind the pulpit? I would have my doubts brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
where does the bible say that " we must accept Jesus " as savior ?
There are so many scriptures. I usually quote Acts 16:31 "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and be saved”

Here are some more:

(John 10:9) Jesus said, “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and find pasture … I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

(John 11:25) Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.”

(John 3:15-16) “… whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

(John 3:36) “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

(John 5:24) “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death to life.”

(John 6:35) And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”

(John 6:51) “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

(John 8:12) Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

(John 8:24) “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are so many scriptures. I usually quote Acts 16:31 "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and be saved”

Here are some more:

(John 10:9) Jesus said, “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and find pasture … I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

(John 11:25) Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.”

(John 3:15-16) “… whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

(John 3:36) “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

(John 5:24) “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death to life.”

(John 6:35) And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”

(John 6:51) “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

(John 8:12) Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

(John 8:24) “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
I agree one is saved by belief/faith in Christ. That doesn't mean to "accept" Christ.

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I agree one is saved by belief/faith in Christ. That doesn't mean to "accept" Christ.
I got this from "Got Questions.org"

To accept Jesus as your personal Savior is to acknowledge who Jesus is in your own life. It is to believe in Him. John 1:12 says: "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 3:16 adds, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Believing is a form of accepting. Accepting works even though it`s not a Biblical term. Plenty of that going on in Christian theology.

• Agree
Reactions: 1an
Upvote 0