• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Vaccines Save Lives

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Fair question. The first 3 phases of drug development are entirely mandatory. No drug will be approved for any indication in any western world without an appropriate phase III trial. After a drug comes to market, the next step, unsurprisingly, is a phase IV trial looking for wider effects of a drug in real world use.

What phase IVs get done and by whom is very variable. Some are mandated in some situations, others are voluntary. One "limitation" of a phase IV is that you have to decide before hand what it is you are looking for so you can build the appropriate statistical plan. In other words, you might set up a phase IV trial to see if your drug causes heart attacks, but that study will never find out if your drug causes kidney failure.

The other question is what incidence rate is low enough that you consider it reasonable to let pharma off? Take the Az blood clot, as an example. That occurs in ~ 1 in 250 000 people. So to have actually have found it, Az would have had to run a trial on 1 million people, something that is logistically and fiscally impossible.

ETA to your post above, no-one has done any studies to see if "vaccines cause cancer in 5 years" for any vaccine, it a study that is physically impossible to perform in part because cancer is 2 million diseases, not one.
Has this vaccine gone through those trials?

And to your ETA, my point wasn’t to say that it could possibly cause cancer.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
  • Haha
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would say that no vaccine has done that because they go through testing.

So has this one. The steps were just done in parallel rather than sequentially. Same amount of work, shorter time. Also, what vaccine was ever tested for 20 years before ever being used like some people are suggesting?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So has this one. The steps were just done in parallel rather than sequentially. Same amount of work, shorter time. Also, what vaccine was ever tested for 20 years before ever being used like some people are suggesting?
Where did you come up with 20 years? I never said anything about that.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A lot of people are suggesting timelines of 10, 15, 20 or more years before they can 'know it's safe'.
By that time, the virus would have mutated multiple times so in 20 years it could be a completely altered version of the one we have now.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems unlikely, as there wouldn't be any drugs at all if we were required to test them for 20 years before release. Wonder what the negative long-term effects of acetaminophen and asprin are....oh, right, nobody cares.
Of course people care.. and taking too much aspirin can have negative effects.
I don't know how you can claim they're no long-term effects when there have already been short-term effects confirmed in some people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But what are the long term effects of them?

As some may have pointed out, a trained immune system:

The immune system remembers how to make fresh antibodies if needed and other parts of it also can mount an attack, he said.

Antibodies are proteins that white blood cells called B cells make to bind to the virus and help eliminate it. The earliest ones are fairly crude but as infection goes on, the immune system becomes trained to focus its attack and to make more precise antibodies.

Dr. Otto Yang and others at the University of California, Los Angeles, measured these more precise antibodies in 30 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 and four housemates presumed to have the disease. Their average age was 43 and most had mild symptoms.

Researchers found that the antibodies had a half-life of 36 days, which means that half of them would be gone after that much time. It dovetails with a previous report from China also suggesting antibodies quickly fade.

The results “call for caution regarding antibody-based ‘immunity passports,’ herd immunity, and perhaps vaccine durability,” the California authors write.

That’s true, Creech said, but other parts of the immune system also help confer protection. Besides churning out antibodies, B cells develop a memory so they know how to do that again if needed.

“They would get called into action very quickly when there’s a new exposure to the virus. It’s as if they lie dormant, just waiting,” he said.

Virus antibodies fade fast but not necessarily protection

In a similar way, vaccination has a lasting effect, even though the antibodies fade over time. Also, it's been sounding likely that older people will be recommended to get a booster at some point to up their antibodies for a more rapid response.

Because even though the immune system after 6 or more months is still having an edge vs no vaccination at all, the larger amount of antibodies from a more recent shot is a bigger edge.
Israeli data seems to show COVID vaccine protection starts fading after 6 months

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There aren't any.

Maybe you need to tell them. Well THEY that make the drug said "we don't know what the long term side effects will be". Then go tell this "there aren't any" to the thousands of thousands that have all kind of side effects. We as in my wife her friends husband STILL cannot taste anything. So.. sorry your words have no weight.

We know some have died after the vaccine. Anyone can find these stories and duh ALL are lying.. I know :) sure. We know you can still get covid after taking the vaccine. Christian site.. I read the heart cry from the dad that said daughter took the vaccine 2 months ago now has covid PLEASE PRAY! My wifes friend.. same thing.. they got the shot 6 months ago.

So the vaccine does help.. yet it is far far far from truly protecting you. WISE to ask seek search contact your doctor. Not some web site on the internet where ITS SAFE to NO DON'T TAKE IT haha

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course people care.. and taking too much aspirin can have negative effects.

And the relationship between overdosing and long term effects of correct dosing is...?

It's like I said something like "people die in car crashes". and your response was "people fly in planes"

I don't know how you can claim they're no long-term effects when there have already been short-term effects confirmed in some people.

As I said before, show me one "long term effect" from any vaccine, ever.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the relationship between overdosing and long term effects of correct dosing is...?

It's like I said something like "people die in car crashes". and your response was "people fly in planes"

A blood clot can certainly be a long term effect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That’s like saying, show me one car model on the road today that doesn’t meet government standards.

• Agree
Reactions: Tavernier
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A blood clot can certainly be a long term effect.

Well it can kill you..though is death a "long term effect"...anyway, that's not what people mean by "long term effect". What they mean is they are well years afterwards then develop some kind of dysfunction or disease which can be traced back to the vaccine. Blood clots appear within a month of the injection.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That’s like saying, show me one car model on the road today that doesn’t meet government standards.

Umm...wouldn't it be more like saying there was a car model that was on the road that met government standards for years and years and then was suddenly found to have a defect that required a recall?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Umm...wouldn't it be more like saying there was a car model that was on the road that met government standards for years and years and then was suddenly found to have a defect that required a recall?
And now you get it.

Reactions: Tavernier
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married