USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
What scam are you referring to? Actually, it did happen. In fact, they even have trailers just in case the hospitals overflow because it's already happened before.

As Hospitalizations Soar, El Paso Brings In New Mobile Morgues

Hmmm, I wonder why a border town would be seeing exploding infection rates...

And no, the bodies never really started stacking up. Not in the figures initially being estimated, which had the death count flowing into the millions before summer even started.

If this thing was what it is still being claimed it is, why are the retirees in Florida still breathing? The state that is, effectively, our national nursing home. Also the state that is, behind S. Dakota, the 2nd most open state in the country.

You'd think they would have so many dead, they'd be forced to feed them to the gators just to keep up with the corpses.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
“Died from?” Or “Died with?” Big difference if you want to keep the fear and panic going strong.
In the eyes of trump supporters, someone who lived and managed diabetes for 60 years, but who caught COVID-19 and then died a week later, would be someone who suddenly died from diabetes.

In the eyes of trump supporters, someone who survived cancer 20 years ago, but who caught COVID-19 and then died a week later, would be someone who suddenly died from cancer.

In the eyes of trump supporters, someone who had a heart attac and had to have 4 stints put in 10 years ago, but who caught COVID-19 and then died a week later, would be someone who suddenly died from a heart attack.

In the eyes of trump supporters, none of these people would have died from COVID-19. Them catching COVID-19 and then dying shortly thereafter is mere coincidence.

Ergo the “Died from?” Or “Died with?”

Am I right?

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yea, it's been almost a year, and y'all are still falling for this obvious scam. I stopped buying into this back around May, after waiting nearly 4 months for the bodies to start piling up like chords of wood. Never happened.
This is, of course, a falsehood.

Coronavirus: mass grave in New York - facing world's highest death rate - BBC News - The Global Herald

Note the date of the article: April 10, 2020. A month before your supposed revelation about the "obvious scam". In other words, examples of bodies piling up like cord wood had already been documented and photographed.

On the other hand, I still can't figure out if your actually this clueless ... or if you're a Poe. With radical, right-wing, fundamentalist trump supporters, it really is that hard to tell.

Upvote 0

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
And, I've been tuned into this since the 2nd week of January. So, by the time April was here, I was out getting a new job after having taken a 2 month sabbatical expecting this super contagious influaids to tear across our porous borders and decimate the population only to see society chug right along.

And I've been fine since. And in a pretty open state to boot.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In the eyes of trump supporters, someone who lived and managed diabetes for 60 years, but who caught COVID-19 and then died a week later, would be someone who suddenly died from diabetes.

In the eyes of trump supporters, someone who survived cancer 20 years ago, but who caught COVID-19 and then died a week later, would be someone who suddenly died from cancer.

In the eyes of trump supporters, someone who had a heart attac and had to have 4 stints put in 10 years ago, but who caught COVID-19 and then died a week later, would be someone who suddenly died from a heart attack.

In the eyes of trump supporters, none of these people would have died from COVID-19. Them catching COVID-19 and then dying shortly thereafter is mere coincidence.

Wonder what cause of death they'd get riled up about if someone who was obese was killed during violence related to a BLM protest? I mean, for sure we'd never see claims that anyone died due to the violence, what with this convincing argument that having a totally manageable preexisting chronic condition when one dies is the obvious cause of death.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Wonder what cause of death they'd get riled up about if someone who was obese was killed during violence related to a BLM protest? I mean, for sure we'd never see claims that anyone died due to the violence, what with this convincing argument that having a totally manageable preexisting chronic condition when one dies is the obvious cause of death.

I can see that. Like say, someone is too heavyset to sufficiently run away from a social justice mob, having their death be attributed to obesity instead of blunt force trauma.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
After all this time, this topic shouldn't be up for debate anymore.
On the plus side, since Trump is trying to take all the credit for having a vaccine, at least, well hopefully, the Trump supporters will be all for getting vaccinated as soon as possible.

It is unfortunate that in the meantime many of them are doing nothing at all to reduce the spread and hence reduce the death rate. Some of them are putting in efforts to resist any efforts to reduce the spread and death rates. Putting in efforts to promote misinformation and to try and convince others to do nothing to reduce the spread. e.g. resist wearing masks, resist social distancing measures, and their conservative courts are now allowing churches to have exemption to the social distancing and large gathering measures. Oh boy! <sigh>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BTW we finally have a figure on beds left. If the math is right, 37, 233 beds available, of course that's likely across all hospitals and factoring that a covid bed takes far more space then a cancer bed and such.

edit oops :> 256,288 beds total :> the number was all beds available, but still scary,

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
“Died from?” Or “Died with?” Big difference if you want to keep the fear and panic going strong.

A lame and tired obfuscation that will not fool anybody the least bit educated on the issue.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
You know what's sad, it appears in ANY message board you go to to post about the Covid topic, you get people like Avila Surfer here that undermines the seriousness of the pandemic.

I mean, we're almost a year in and they are still denying it, yes...even in a Christian message board.

I agree. Unfortunately many Americans have a severe lack of real moral education in their lives. Much of it happens because of, not in spite of, the sort of religious circles they hang out in. Evangelical Fundamentalism has a long history of sticking its head in the sand and teaching its adherents that black is in fact white.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can see that. Like say, someone is too heavyset to sufficiently run away from a social justice mob, having their death be attributed to obesity instead of blunt force trauma.
Where have you seen this happen? Anywhere in reality? Or heck, even in right wing spin?

Because from all the evidence I've seen, the "died with x not from x" is applied exclusively to covid by a set of people who want to believe something despite the evidence.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not all hospital beds are the same.

Psychiatric beds count as beds but are unsuitable for covid patients.
Same thing with pediatric beds.
Recovery room beds as well.

Then there's trauma beds that stay reserved for things like bus accidents and train wrecks and car accidents on a Friday night..."tis the season to be drinking".

Covid patients tend to stay at least a week or more and require oxygen respirators and IV fluids and a host of other monitoring. (Lots of skilled nursing)

Then there's those getting their scheduled cancer treatments... chemotherapy treatment sucks...but you can't just kick them to the curb after giving it to them.

Overloaded hospitals mean just that...they are overloaded. Not enough available beds for them. Especially since they got themselves sick by not isolating themselves.

There exists a disdain for those who commit suicide by health professionals. Plenty of people who want to live and appreciate the help vx those who don't.

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Where have you seen this happen? Anywhere in reality? Or heck, even in right wing spin?

Because from all the evidence I've seen, the "died with x not from x" is applied exclusively to covid by a set of people who want to believe something despite the evidence.

Those wacky conspiracists and their desire for accurate data.

It makes a difference if you don't have any co-morbities that account for 90%+ of those dying.

Upvote 0

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Not all hospital beds are the same.

Psychiatric beds count as beds but are unsuitable for covid patients.
Same thing with pediatric beds.
Recovery room beds as well.

Then there's trauma beds that stay reserved for things like bus accidents and train wrecks and car accidents on a Friday night..."tis the season to be drinking".

Covid patients tend to stay at least a week or more and require oxygen respirators and IV fluids and a host of other monitoring. (Lots of skilled nursing)

Then there's those getting their scheduled cancer treatments... chemotherapy treatment sucks...but you can't just kick them to the curb after giving it to them.

Overloaded hospitals mean just that...they are overloaded. Not enough available beds for them. Especially since they got themselves sick by not isolating themselves.

There exists a disdain for those who commit suicide by health professionals. Plenty of people who want to live and appreciate the help vx those who don't.

Never bothered Kevorkian...

• Haha
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know what's sad, it appears in ANY message board you go to to post about the Covid topic, you get people like Avila Surfer here that undermines the seriousness of the pandemic.

I mean, we're almost a year in and they are still denying it, yes...even in a Christian message board.

Most of them have stopped calling it a hoax or attributing the rising numbers to increased testing capacity.

So... progress, I guess?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Also, I live in TX. I'm not going on lockdown because DNC Governors can't stop killing their geriatric constituents.
Ah yes, Texas... the state that is well on pace to replace New York with the highest death toll and case count of any state in the Union.

Upvote 0