• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

US sets new one-day record for COVID-19 deaths

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by essentialsaltes, Dec 2, 2020.

1. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+18,090
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Worldometers puts it at 2,828 deaths for today, December 2nd. That's the total at this moment, anyway, a few states haven't reported data yet.

That's more than the previous record of 2,744 set in April.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,068
    Christian
    Private
    Almost the worst day for cases, and the worst day for hospitalizations finally breaking 100k. But don't worry it's just the flu right?

michigan has 6 hospitals at 100%, 3 at 99% and 12 at 90%+

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+3,883
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    I've been watching US figures with grim fascination for several months.

It reminds me of the quote about "watching a car crash in slow motion".

I realise that, given the population of the US, it suffers a significant disadvantage in managing things like this, but results like these can only be attributed to a foul-up of epic proportions.

280,000 dead and counting.

OB

4. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,068
    Christian
    Private
    Only good thing about todays stats is, some of that is thanksgiving backlog, so hard to say how bad it really is, it's bad but not nescarily THAT bad...but not by much.

5. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+3,883
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced

It's probably still too early for Thanksgiving infections to show up in the death figures.

OB

6. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+2,560
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    It's doing what it does.

7. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,068
    Christian
    Private
    No no I mean there was a 5 day weekend last week, so you have 5 days worth of testing and deaths to get reported and tested.

8. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    “Died from?” Or “Died with?” Big difference if you want to keep the fear and panic going strong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,068
    Christian
    Private
    Oh grow up with the conspiracy nonsense, it's getting old.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. essentialsaltes

+18,090
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    You're doing great work keeping the deaths going strong. I'll keep working on keeping up the vigilance and attention to the directives of our local public health authorities.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,716
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    So bit like the difference the of being shot or dying with multiple bullets inside you ?

12. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,586
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    What a stupid statement. You know nothing about me.

13. essentialsaltes

+18,090
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    You are trying to split hairs about 'dying from' and 'dying with', in an attempt to minimize the danger, when hundreds of thousands of Americans are dead directly as a result of COVID-19.

Very shortly the daily death total will almost certainly exceed the deaths from 9/11. You might as well go around talking about how most of those people actually died of structural failure. Did they die from a plane crash or with a plane crash?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+6,299
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    CNN reports final tally 3100 for the day. I think with what I have seen of thanksgiving, Xmas, and the current status of your healthcare system you'll get to 5000 in mid Jan.

15. 7thKeeper

7thKeeper Hetalia: Axis Powers fan

+324
    Agnostic
    In Relationship
    Well now, that's just silly question. Of course they didnt die from a terrorist attack or from the plane crash, well most of them. Most died from the building crashing or jumping down from it. Totally not Al-Qaida's fault.

Did I do it right?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 This And That

+475
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    COVID-19 Deaths Could Increase 80% by February

17. ThisIsMe123

+475
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    You know what's sad, it appears in ANY message board you go to to post about the Covid topic, you get people like Avila Surfer here that undermines the seriousness of the pandemic.

I mean, we're almost a year in and they are still denying it, yes...even in a Christian message board.

After all this time, this topic shouldn't be up for debate anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  18. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    Yea, it's been almost a year, and y'all are still falling for this obvious scam. I stopped buying into this back around May, after waiting nearly 4 months for the bodies to start piling up like chords of wood. Never happened.

19. ThisIsMe123

+475
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What scam are you referring to? Actually, it did happen. In fact, they even have trailers just in case the hospitals overflow because it's already happened before.

As Hospitalizations Soar, El Paso Brings In New Mobile Morgues

20. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,014
    Atheist
    Private
    That's not true - we can see your posts here for example.