Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone. I have been experiencing severe stomach pain/nausea and abdominal pain for the past 6 almost 7 weeks. As a result, I am going to have to have an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done early Thursday morning (the 29th). I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM EST and the procedure won't begin until 7:30 or 8:00 AM EST. From what I have read, it'll probably take an hour for me to wake up from the anesthesia/sedative so I am likely to be there till at least 9:30 or 10:00 AM EST due to the fact that the procedure takes 15-20 minutes. I am probably going to be starving after the procedure since I can't eat anything from midnight onwards so Darrell, my best friend who is taking me, will probably take me to a restaurant and get me something to eat afterward provided the doctor does not tell me I can't eat. So anyway, please pray that this procedure would find out what is wrong with me and that they would be able to quickly treat/cure whatever is wrong with me.

Also, I am supposed to have my thyroid tested sometime soon. They may choose to test my thyroid on Thursday before or after the procedure. They are testing my thyroid because I have been getting overheated much more easily than most people lately.

And another thing, I will likely have to have a colonoscopy done within a week or two of having the endoscopy done. This is because I have also been having lower abdominal pain.

So anyway, your prayers will be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone.
wave.gif
I am back from Darrell's house and the hospital and am now home and I am so thankful for that! Why? Well, during my upper GI endoscopy today, I nearly died on the operating table. Basically what happened is this: First, they put me under anesthesia. Then, I begin to cough, fidget, and just have a hard time breathing in general. Next, my oxygen level plummets to a "dangerously low level". I still haven't found out exactly how low it went. And finally, they get my oxygen level back up and I wake up. So yeah, I feel really thankful to be alive right now. I also know this much: I had planned to have bariatric surgery done in 6-12 months. Well, that definitely is not going to happen now. Two reasons for that: First, I refuse to go under anesthesia again unless it is an absolute emergency. And second, my doctor said I couldn't get the surgery done anyway in all likelihood because of the complications with today's procedure. Also, I was planning to undergo surgery for the removal of a bone spur within a month or two but I am calling that off too. I am NOT going to put my life at risk again!

Anyway, here is what the endoscopy found. They found two things that were wrong. First, they found a polyp in my distal esophagus (from what I understand, that close to where your esophagus meets your stomach). They removed and biopsied it. Also, they found inflammation in my stomach. They took a tissue sample from my stomach to biopsy it for an infection called "H. Pylori".

There was one other thing that they did today. Before I went under anesthesia, they drew some blood to test my thyroid because I have been overheating more easily than most people for the past month or two.

Oh and I did want to say one more thing: The doctor did tell my family members that this procedure was one of the more difficult that he has experienced in his years as a gastroenterologist.

But anyway, that's the story of how today went!

God Bless,
Ave Maria (aka Holly)
wave.gif

Upvote 0
D

DruryGirl

Dear God, thank and praise You so much for saving Holly's life today. I plead with You to please strengthen her and abundantly take care of every need she has. May Your provision be with every step of her life. May You oversee and guide everything that pertains to her health and medical care. Please above all meet her spiritual needs and give her ABUNDANT peace, joy, comfort and strength that may overflow in her life. Thank You so much Lord in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

StarryEyes

Hey Holly! I had both the endoscopy and colonoscopy done at the same time. Not literally the same time, but one literally right after the other and then when I was waking up from it my blood pressure dropped down to 80 something over 50 something! Gave the nurses a fright (and me also!)

Praying for you! Eat lots of raw fruits and veggies, and whole grains! :hug:

Upvote 0