• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Having an operation? What helped me.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over the past few days I have been in for a big bowel operation, where the lower half of my bowel was removed. I thought I would share this experience here, and how faith in God can greatly assist us. Many people were praying for me, and prayer is powerful it can speed up difficult procedures, and bring God’s healing power. In my case, a 6-hour operation came down to 4. Over the past few years, I have had a bowel condition diverticulitis, although I was praying for God to heal me like He did in the bible days, the condition did not improve, I lived in pain, and discomfort, and eventually could not pass. So I had to have an operation to remove the diseased part of the bowel, leaving me temporarily with a bag. I have always been a firm believer in divine healing, and still believe that Jesus heals, so when confronted with a lack of healing how should we respond? The answer is we should not stop believing in God’s abilities. I have put together my thoughts on how as a Christian you can better face difficulties and sickness, specifically operations, and give God a place to overcome it. When going through an operation there can be many reasons to feel fear and worry. But there is a way to reduce or overcome this, the bible says “God has not given us a spirit of fear but one of love power and a sound mind”, the part that I wish to focus on is the power. We can have less fear and worry because we serve a powerful God. Let's say you are getting continually weaker, sick, or painful, from wounds. It causes us to have worry or fear, and there will be times when we do fear and worry or experience pain, but knowing that God can and will heal us, we can pray expecting Him to act, that He will not give us over to total defeat if we are starting to experience pain, have faith in God to heal it quickly or reduce the impact of it and this will reduce the fear and worry. For we know God can keep us free from infections, complications, or excessive pain. This is not to say we act unwisely and do things that will endanger our health, like fighting against advice, or knowledge. Rather, walking within the constraints of medical care, taking note of what is needed, but having faith for a quick God-given recovery if a complication arises.

Last edited: