• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Under the Blood

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Sage50, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Sage50

Sage50 Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I had recently asked a lady from Assembly of God Church, to pray with me about specific issue.
    This is an older lady there who is considered in high regard.
    She prayer, and she kept saying "putting this under the Blood"

Now I've been hearing people pray like that before. I just became curious about the Theology the prayer is grounded upon.
    Is there theological grounds for praying in that way?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sage50

Sage50 Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I guess for me, I would just tell Jesus the problem. I just don't see how speaking the problem 'under the blood is praying to the Lord Jesus and bringing it to Jesus.
    Or thru Jesus to our Father in Heaven.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Simul Justus et Peccator Supporter

+42,239
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Sage50

Sage50 Member

+136
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you, it is helpful. Though, I am not sure who the author is. Chasing down the about page, offered me more information about authorship.

They share:
    We are Christian, Protestant, evangelical, theologically conservative, and non-denominational. We view ourselves as a para-church ministry, coming alongside the church to help people find answers to their spiritually related questions. - All of our answers are reviewed for biblical and theological accuracy by our staff. Our CEO, S. Michael Houdmann, is ultimately accountable for our content, and therefore maintains an active role in the review process. He possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies from Calvary University, a Master’s degree in Christian Theology from Calvary Theological Seminary, and is currently pursuing a Master of Theology degree from Dallas Theological Seminary.

5. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Simul Justus et Peccator Supporter

+42,239
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    You're welcome :) Got Questions is an excellent, conservative Christian apologetics/informational Christian website that I recommend as a place to look for quick answers to most theological/doctrinal/Biblical questions (and that from well within the pale of Christian orthodoxy), or as a place to begin a more extensive study of a topic.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  6. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,142
    Non-Denom
    Married
  7. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,142
    Non-Denom
    Married
    so it's Biblical