Mar 14, 2005
Garden Grove, California, USA
✟2,141.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Politics
US-Republican
So what do we think of UFOs then?
By which I mean aliens, their spaceships, abductions, encounters etc.

MY COMMENTS: I believe that 90 % of all "sightings" can be accounted for (weather balloons, airplanes, reflections, weather etc), and the others are psychological phenomena.

I do not believe there are creatures from outer space who are investigating us.
I do believe there are spirit beings in the universe, other than God's angels (messengers), and even Satan's.
In Ephesians 3:10 we are given a glimpse of how we, the church/body of Christ, will be on display, if you will, making known the manifold wisdom of God to the principalities and powers in the heavenlies.

These principalities (sovereignties) and powers (authorities) in the heavenlies evidently need to know the grace and wisdom of God as seen in us human beings, having transformed bodies fit for the universe.
See also Ephesians 2:4-8.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with Thomas The Atheist. It is possible there is life elsewhere in the universe, but I don't think any of it has visited earth in UFOs. If life from anywhere else has visited earth, it has been as bacteria on meteors.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I could point out so many stupidities in your comment. And I think I will. You beleive there is life in outer space - you obviously don't know what it is or where it is but it couldn't possibly have come here ..... prove it ....
You also claim that becuase others have seen theese things but you haven't they must be lying and your right .... prove it ......
If you strip the argument back to just common sense you will see how idiotic you are being making such retarded statements as these. next time you claim you've experienced anything that I haven't I will summarily dismiss you as being deluded - and you can perish without my help.
Who ARE you to say that what another has experienced is false ? you in my opinon are the deluded one ....
A man with an expeirence is NEVER at the mercy of an idiot with a theory ......

Calm down, Homerinchch. There's no need for this. We're all friends here. :hug:

Upvote 0
S

salamacum

< < Calm down, Homerinchch. There's no need for this. We're all friends here > >

Yes, I agree. That's why I post on this moderate board.
I suppose sometimes the "apple of our eye is touched". that issue important to us.
But to me, the WAY we deal with other Christians means more to me that being proved right or even (heresy, heresy) finding out what the 'right view' IS.

And Thomas the Atheist maybe wasn't in a position to follow up his 'summary opinion'.

Perhaps he'll do it now.

But actually I've heard dismissals of experience or lack of experience all through my Christian life.
I've had friends (and myself) who have had deep 'spiritual' experinces which have been summarily rejected by reformed 'friends'. All based on their theology. Whatever the encounter I had, it couldn't be God, so it must be Satan.

Upvote 0

Bick

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2005
Garden Grove, California, USA
✟2,141.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Politics
US-Republican
Quote of homerinchch
"Don't be silly man. beings who have stood in the presence of God and chosen to rebel against him are not capable of repentance - nor do i see it anywhere in scripture. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that beings who kidnap people and sodomize them are exactly in keeping with the works of the perverse devil that is currently close to being judged for eternity for his wicked works. Poeple who try to beleive they are somehow friendly after this fact are seriously deceived and need rescuing. get your head out of the clouds - they aint friendly, they aint nothing but demons trying to deceive people into hell to burn with them ... exactly what their kind are after no matter what the deception. lying signs and wonders my dear christians ... lying signs and wonders in the latter days .....
Tell yo uwhat if one turns up in your bedrooom and your tempted to belevie they might like you ask em if jesus came in the flesh and see what kind of response you get ,..... "

MY COMMENTS:
True, from the Bible record, there were angels who left their own habitation, saw how beautiful the daughters of Adam were, and then, whether by possessing a human male, or perhaps, giving up their angelic powers to become a human, married the women with their male children being "giants" or "Nephilim."

And we know that demons or "evil spirits" can possess a human, especially from the accounts in the Gospels.
Yet they obeyed the Lord Jesus in every case.

No question that Satan has a kingdom and is termed "the prince of the power of the air" (Eph. 2:2), and is the "god of this world blinding the minds of those who go on in unbelief" (2 Cor. 4:4).

Yes, just as there are enemies of God on this earth, there are enemies of God in the heavenlies.

But, God is Sovereign, and assures us in 1 Cor. 15:22-28, His plan is that all enemies will be "put under the feet" of Christ Jesus; that is all will be in subjection to Christ at the conclusion of the ages, the last enemy being destroyed is death.
And then because through God's power and love, "at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Phil. 2:9-11).
And having made peace through the blood of Christ's cross, all will be reconciled to Himself, whether on earth or in heaven (Col. 1:19-20).

Upvote 0

shanegorry

Father, Author, Lover of Life
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
✟15,139.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm always amazed at how most aliens both in the movies and those apparently seen in real life are so humanoid, as they say. This was also the case with many spiritual beings in ancient mythology. Also interesting that there are supposed to be good guys and bad. Seems to me that the modern western world is filling the void of spiritual lack of which aliens are only one example.

Consider another alien world a little closer to home. That at bottom of the ocean. No humanoids there. There are however many creatures very alien to our world.

I find it hard to take the humanoid aliens very serious and I know of a number of very rational dispassionate atheists who hold a similar view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

salamacum

Why oh why this western predilection for a type of science fiction which is all to do with environmental disaster?
Every movie on the sci-fi channel seems to be about meteorites smashing into the planet (with a feisty, impossibly young and beautiful, female whistle-blower-scientist, white male middle-aged careerist spoiler-sceptic, intelligent young loyal oriental sidekick, black female sympathetic, again beautiful mayor, and stupid, feckless, opinionated, emotionally shallow, brawny, hunky and neanderthal white boy - also there is a probably a brutal-minded, dinosaur, white, medalled, military chauvinist)
Is God warning us of something? (At least those that don't believe the bible!)
I mean about the apocalyptic story-lines....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ariellamb

My Father is the Gardener
Nov 21, 2009
A stranger & a pilgrim sojourning near Cambridge
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are such Satanic beings out there and yes they are real IMHO
To many ppl have seen them and reported the same things.
Many are reputable ppl.

More info on the subject http://www.christianforums.com/t7442601/

Upvote 0

shanegorry

Father, Author, Lover of Life
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
✟15,139.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't think there is anything delusional about seeing an unidentified flying object. Personally I find the idea more scary if they come from this planet that from afar. There are some very scary things being flown around out there and judging from the ones we get told about decades later it is truly scary to think about what is up there now. Luck we have friends in high places.;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

henryL64

May 21, 2010
✟15,211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
UFO? I'm sure there are unidentified objects but if you mean extra-terrestrials or aliens I think it is entirely possible that there is other life in our universe and even intelligent life. But as for making contact with us I'm just not sure that they have. But I do believe that even a technologically advanced society as theirs would also have been created by God. The same God who created us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IMO aliens are demonic beings.

If you looks into the sightings e.g particularly Alien abductions, some of the evidence in my opinion is irrefutable. Not just the confirmed testimony, abductions that have taken police with multiple witnesses even police watching, but the physical evidence and the agenda the entities seem to have.....their ideas and the interractions between the aliens and the abductees....yes they're real and they have a distinct agenda.

Oh, one further note.

I have a friend, an elder in Assemblies of God, he had an alien encounter in England.

I have another friend, a university employee, he had an alien encounter recently.

I have no reason to doubt what they told me!

:)

Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While I wouldn't rule out life on other planets I think it is highly unlikely because it would probably mean that Christ would have had to go to their planets and die for them as well and the Bible makes it clear He died once and for all for Man only. As for UFOs well most sightings etc probably have perfectly rational explanations eg weather balloons (whatever they may be:p). However I believe the abductions are definitely satanic in origin.

Upvote 0