United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
U.S. Border Patrol Apprehends Felon Smuggling Drugs at Texas Border
Release Date:
March 2, 2019

FORT HANCOCK, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol Agents arrested three males as they attempted to smuggle 68.5 pounds of marijuana across the Rio Grande just east of El Paso on February 27.

Border Patrol Agents working along the border near Fort Hancock observed three individuals entering the United States illegally by walking across the mostly dry Rio Grande River. When agents confronted the suspects they noted that all three were carrying backpacks of what appeared to be illegal drugs. The three illegal aliens were taken in to custody and the drugs seized. All were transported to the Fort Hancock Station for further processing.

At the station, Agents tested the contents of the backpacks which indicated a positive result for marijuana. After fingerprinting all three individuals it was found that one suspect, identified as 55-year-old Marin Gonzales of Mexico, had an extensive criminal history.

More at link:

U.S. Border Patrol Apprehends Felon Smuggling Drugs at Texas Border | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
U.S. Border Patrol Apprehends Felon Smuggling Drugs at Texas Border
Release Date:
March 2, 2019

FORT HANCOCK, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol Agents arrested three males as they attempted to smuggle 68.5 pounds of marijuana across the Rio Grande just east of El Paso on February 27.

Border Patrol Agents working along the border near Fort Hancock observed three individuals entering the United States illegally by walking across the mostly dry Rio Grande River. When agents confronted the suspects they noted that all three were carrying backpacks of what appeared to be illegal drugs. The three illegal aliens were taken in to custody and the drugs seized. All were transported to the Fort Hancock Station for further processing.

At the station, Agents tested the contents of the backpacks which indicated a positive result for marijuana. After fingerprinting all three individuals it was found that one suspect, identified as 55-year-old Marin Gonzales of Mexico, had an extensive criminal history.

More at link:

U.S. Border Patrol Apprehends Felon Smuggling Drugs at Texas Border | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

But, but, but, this still doesn't prove we need a wall or any Border Patrol personnel!!

(sarc)....

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who has called for the elimination of Border Patrol?

The Democrats that only live in the imaginations of Republicans.

Maybe they should keep quiet about what they think/want the Border Patrols priority job to be (glorified babysitters) and tearing down the existing wall and people wouldn't think that. BTA they just can't help themselves once they get into office.

A good term to describe the current bunch in DC would be nihilism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they should keep quiet about what they think/want the Border Patrols priority job to be (glorified babysitters) and people wouldn't think that, bta they just can't help themselves once they get into office.
Thanks for proving my point.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for proving my point.

What's wrong not liking the rabbit hole they're going down with comments like: "We need to get rid of ICE" or maybe "the border patrols first priority should be to take care of any "newcomers" (new code word for illegal aliens) crossing our borders" or maybe "the border patrol shouldn't be allowed to have access to certain parts of the border" (which they don't because of Federal laws concerning lands managed by the Dept of Interior/BLM) or maybe "he border must be demilitarized, which would include demolishing the already-existing wall and dramatically downsizing the Border Patrol. Criminal sanctions on illegal entry and re-entry must be repealed" :doh:

You know just as well as I do that once they go down the rabbit hole you never know where it will stop and most of the time it gets real silly before sanity is forced back into play.

(A good search engine will help you find who on the Dem side made all of the comments).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
So what does it take to be labeled a "Republican"? :scratch:
(Let me guess not believing the popular rhetoric on certain subjects is sufficient) :idea:
How is this a response to what I posted?

As far as I am concerned, people are free to self identify with any or no party as they see fit. But, I prefer a positive definition as opposed to a negative one - base my observations of people’s party affiliations on what they support rather than what they oppose.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is this a response to what I posted?

It was a question.

As far as I am concerned, people are free to self identify with any or no party as they see fit. But, I prefer a positive definition as opposed to a negative one - base my observations of people’s party affiliations on what they support rather than what they oppose.

There is a problem with that, some people don't vote and some people swing back and forth they're called Independents.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
There is a problem with that, some people don't vote and some people swing back and forth they're called Independents.

Fair point. I do consider that although I did not state it that way in my post.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Make Marijuana legal and there won't be any of these problems. Most states that have legalized it have done just fine and created new businesses and new tax revenues.

I can't believe we are sending big tough guys with guns out to bust some guys carrying around what is essentially an herb that naturally grows just about everywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums