Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
If I were Putin, I'd level the Turk's Air Force. Sad that a Russian strongman formerly with the kgb is the only ones targeting isis.

Everyone is targeting ISIS. The difference is that the Russians target anyone who doesn't support Assad.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I don't get the reason for wanting to keep Assad in power.

Two reasons, I think.

1. Baathists have always had a close relationship with Russia going back to the Cold War.
2. Russia has always taken upon itself the protection of the Christian community in the Middle East. In fact, that is what started the Crimean War. The Baath Party was started by a Christian and has always protected the Christian community.

Of course, there is a third reason which applies to almost everyone. Who is there that can replace Assad?
I suspect that after ISIS is destroyed there is really going to be only one solution for both Syria and Iraq and that is partition, much as I hate the thought. The alternative seems to be genocide.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
And go to war with Turkey? Not a smart idea. Remember, going to war with Afghanistan brought the entire Soviet Union down.

There is no need for war. Russia can send modern weapons to the kurds, end all tourism with turkey, which would cost them 3 million guests per year and simply continue to crush turkish assets in syria as well as shooting down any turkish airplne that crosses into syrian airspace.

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Its ok "Assad is weak" they said. He'll be gone in a couple of weeks. Snigger. These political hot shots really know their stuff. Personally, I am tuning into meditation based smart targets with my semi precious stones. Class this as idiocy if you like, I dont mind at all. Peace people.

Specific .... measurable....achievable....realistic...etc etc etc

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I don't think this looks great for the Turks. Even if their claims are correct, in isolation it seems excessive to attack a plane that spends 17 seconds over your airspace. You can see from this diagram, that although the Turks claim the missile was launched while the Russian jet was technically over Turkey, there was not time for the missile to hit before the Russian jet was well over Syrian territory.

_86863997_597f5c4c-a8b2-4c5b-ad88-77fa26ae69c9.png

Turkey will claim that this was a recurring issue, and Russian jets had been repeatedly warned in the days leading up to it, and Turkey had specifically warned Russia through diplomatic channels.

What seems more likely is that Turkey got sick of Russian jets attacking their Turkmen proxies in Syria, and decided that as soon as one of those jets strayed over their airpsace, they were going to shoot at it.

For Putin, the worst thing about this is that he doesn't want it to be emphasised, particularly at home, that his air force is attacking Turkmen when it should be attacking 'terrorists'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What seems more likely is that Turkey got sick of Russian jets attacking their Turkmen proxies in Syria, and decided that as soon as one of those jets strayed over their airpsace, they were going to shoot at it.

Yes. And it should be noted the Russian bomber was not targeting ISIS....Putin has made some nice noises about bombing ISIS in Syria and that's about it. His real objective is to take out the Syrian groups opposed to Assad.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
All groups oppossig Assad in Syria are ISIS. Its that easy. The american illussion about moderate terrorists is eitehr absolute idiocy or incompetence.

But i simply think USA created and funds ISIS. How else can you explain they grew this big?

Good thing is, that only USA supports their turkish dogs. All other NATO members did distance themself.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes. And it should be noted the Russian bomber was not targeting ISIS....Putin has made some nice noises about bombing ISIS in Syria and that's about it. His real objective is to take out the Syrian groups opposed to Assad.

There won´t be any turks left there in a few weeks. We are talking about russia here. :)

Best part will be that russia delivers heavy weapons to kurds to create some fun in turkey. :)

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
There is no need for war. Russia can send modern weapons to the kurds, end all tourism with turkey, which would cost them 3 million guests per year and simply continue to crush turkish assets in syria as well as shooting down any turkish airplne that crosses into syrian airspace.

But only the latter would reinforce Putin's tough-guy thug image.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

antitox

Oct 23, 2015
✟7,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Turkey and Russia have been at odds for quite some time. Turkey is anti-Assad and they are going to be very touchy over Russia bombing near or on-the-border, especially with some of their people fighting in that area. That's why their border ground forces shot down one of the pilots when he parachuted.

They don't want Russia in that area and they especially don't want any aircraft overhead. Russia has also installed a base near the southern border of Turkey and it's liable to become a hotbed with this flaring up.

Russia has been doing this to expand their influence in the region.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Turkey and Russia have been at odds for quite some time. Turkey is anti-Assad and they are going to be very touchy over Russia bombing near or on-the-border, especially with some of their people fighting in that area. That's why their border ground forces shot down one of the pilots when he parachuted.

They don't want Russia in that area and they especially don't want any aircraft overhead. Russia has also installed a base near the southern border of Turkey and it's liable to become a hotbed with this flaring up.

Russia has been doing this to expand their influence in the region.

You forgot to mention that turkey sponsors terrorism, ISIS and islamism.

Upvote 0