Trump: Why allow immigration from poophole countries?

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump needs to visit the Statue of Liberty

STATUE OF LIBERTY

Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigration station on Ellis Island, located near Bedloe’s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892 and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island before receiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peak years of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is the problem with this issue. Those who would, cynically and disingenuously I suggest, defend Mr. Trump on this can always make the argument that his comment was not racially motivated but was merely a true statement about the hapless state of these countries. And, indeed, those countries are in a bad way.

Well, one could also claim that calling Mr. Obama by the name "Barack Hussein Obama" is simply a statement of truth - since his middle name is indeed "Hussein" - and not a cynical effort to connect him with the sinister forces of Islamic extremism. When we all know that such a connection is exactly what is intended.

Or like when a young man says he purchases Playboy magazine for the "incisive articles". Theoretically possible, of course, but almost certainly untrue.

I hope the point is clear: while it is theoretically possible that Mr. Trump is not stirring up racist sentiment (which, of course, is red meat to a frightening chunk of his base), given the broad context of everything it is clear beyond a reasonable doubt that this is exactly what he is up to. And, of course, since it would take pages and pages to describe that broader context, those who defend Mr. Trump have a kind of "get out of jail free" card on this - we who know better simply cannot afford to give the extensive argument that establishes the conclusion that I suspect is obvious to all - Mr. Trump is almost certainly appealing to racist sentiment with his comments.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
his comment was not racially motivated but was merely a true statement about the hapless state of these countries. And, indeed, those countries are in a bad way.

Wrong!! Counting your greatness by how much money you have in the bank is nuts. I have seen children playing and laughing and having joy in their souls while living in grass huts & I have read about millionaires committing suicide for no rime or reason. The hopeless one is the one who killed himself.

• Winner
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wrong!! Counting your greatness by how much money you have in the bank is nuts.
I did not say this - nowhere in my post did I suggest that "money" is the measure of quality of life.

But we need to be realistic - by any reasonable set of measures (longevity, health care, access to justice, freedom, peace) it is obvious that many African nations (as well as Haiti) are in a bad condition.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Who made this conclusion for you? I mean, you weren't there, were you?

It's actually quite simple, although I see, not simple enough.

You weren't there either, so of course, you have nothing to go on but The Word of Donald. Good luck with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like nobody has any business calling anywhere else a ----hole. Fine by me.

Not sure where you heard that sound.
But why do you care so much about what someone calls countries? People have referred to places with derogatory names for a long time. Ever heard of Trashcanistan?

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump needs to visit the Statue of Liberty

STATUE OF LIBERTY

Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

"The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service have been caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.

In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigration station on Ellis Island, located near Bedloe’s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892 and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island before receiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peak years of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.

If politicians routinely ignore the constitution, why on Earth should anyone care about whether they listen to a poem on a French statue?

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
My point is that Trump is very much correct when he says we should not seek out individuals from countries like Haiti, as immigrants from nations such as Norway would benefit the United States more in significant ways.
You don't know much do you. In the research field, there are immigrants from every country in the world, and they are sought out for their scientific and research abilities and NOT by the color of their skin, or the country of their birth. The benefit of this is massive. Without this, many scientific discoveries would never have been made and research would be in a very poor place.

But then I remember that "science" is a boo word to many.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
55 million Americans today are descendants form a poophole country -- 19th century Ireland.

Had Donald lived 100 years ago, he probably wouldn't have wanted them, either.

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
55 million Americans today are descendants form a poophole country -- 19th century Ireland.

Had Donald lived 100 years ago, he probably wouldn't have wanted them, either.
And yet a hundred years later, Ireland is a nice place and Haiti remains... well, Haiti. Funny, that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And yet a hundred years later, Ireland is a nice place and Haiti remains... well, Haiti. Funny, that.

Indeed -- and yet, 100 years ago, we accepted people from both inferior (I'm getting a little tired of writing "poophole") countries...

Now, you're quite correct that 100 years later, Ireland has shaped up quite nicely, and Haiti is indeed... Haiti. The million dollar question therefore becomes:

Is there something in the respective histories of these two countries which could explain that, or is Haiti still an inferior country simply because it has inferior people, which is why Donald doesn't want them coming here?

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2017
Los Angeles
✟480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because our previous president, a man who was a better leader, better family man, and infinitely better human being in every conceivable way than Donald will ever be in a dozen lifetimes, had a father who came from one of those poophole countries.

*mic drop*
Do you mean, the poop hole that Obama sanctioned and bombed, or the poop hole where Obama was born and where his dad said he was born?

So, please explain how was Obama a better leader, he kept of in war and under domestic foreign attack, better family man because he had three gay lovers and went to meet two gay men immediately after he left the WH, and Obama's dad was never invited to the White House and neither was his white mom. In fact, Obama sanctioned 16 of those so-called poophole countries.

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2017
Los Angeles
✟480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really, so your claim as a Christian is that Ireland is a better place, when it leads the world in child and sex trafficking, and statutory rape is only rape for under 11 year olds. You mean, Haiti, where Hillary Clinton stole millions from?

Are you talking about African poop hole countries, where they provide the most educated and successful immigrants, in the U.S., Europe, and Canada. Funny, yes.

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2017
Los Angeles
✟480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed -- and yet, 100 years ago, we accepted people from both inferior (I'm getting a little tired of writing "poophole") countries...

Now, you're quite correct that 100 years later, Ireland has shaped up quite nicely, and Haiti is indeed... Haiti. The million dollar question therefore becomes:

Is there something in the respective histories of these two countries which could explain that, or is Haiti still an inferior country simply because it has inferior people, which is why Donald doesn't want them coming here?
Inferior? You mean like the Irish, Slavics, Russians, British, Spanish, etc., all who came illiterate, diseased and lazy. Ireland has shaped up as a child and sex trafficking, pedophile sex haven, filled with AIDS and disease.

The billion dollar question is this: How come, Gay Obama, wanted Ireland here and not the much more productive people from African countries???

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2017
Los Angeles
✟480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My point is that Trump is very much correct when he says we should not seek out individuals from countries like Haiti, as immigrants from nations such as Norway would benefit the United States more in significant ways.
Except, immigrants from Norway do not benefit the United States, and Trump never said that. What has Norway contributed, and Haiti is a reflection of the U.S. and not Africa.

Upvote 0