Trump vowed to eliminate the debt in 8 years. He’s on track to leave it at least 50 percent higher.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then you have the audacity of complaining that there are too many poor people in the countries that produce excess junk for you and in the same breath complain how they destroy the environment by doing so.

That attitude is deplorable, un Christian, shortsighted and stupid.....and all too common.

The truth is audacious and deplorable? Who knew? :scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No. I am saying US citizens use 20 to 30 times more global resources compared to what average Indian or Chinese consumer use.

Which is surprisingly exactly what I wrote.

If you want to move goalposts to environmental damage we can do that.

It was a question, not a statement. ;)

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The current President has a whole long way to go to match the wanton spending and increase (proportionately), as his predecessor.

That's not true. Obama added 9 trillion after 8 years, Trump has added 11 trillion after 3.5.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The current President has a whole long way to go to match the wanton spending and increase (proportionately), as his predecessor.

That's not true. Obama added 9 trillion after 8 years, Trump has added 11 trillion after 3.5.

I wonder if the folks who complain about Obama’s deficits ever actually bother to look at the numbers before making their claims. US federal debt has increased by $2 trillion since the end of February. Our deficit just in the month of April was greater than any annual deficit in Obama’s second term.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if the folks who complain about Obama’s deficits ever actually bother to look at the numbers before making their claims. US federal debt has increased by $2 trillion since the end of February. Our deficit just in the month of April was greater than any annual deficit in Obama’s second term.

To be fair, the massive spending in response to a crisis is perfectly fine. It's the massive spending during boomtime that makes one want to bring back the stocks.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To be fair, the massive spending in response to a crisis is perfectly fine. It's the massive spending during boomtime that makes one want to bring back the stocks.

Sure, but that’s also what happened during the first couple years of Obama’s term. I have no problem with this spending now and, in fact, part of the reason it’s so big is that we learned last time that we can’t be stingy. My beef is with the ridiculous double standard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

I don't believe they care about the truth at all. In fact, I believe they think, as does Trump, that truth can be shaped by repetition of a narrative. Hence, the repeated easily disproven falsehoods that still get repeated even after they've been shown to be false.

Trump and the economy (or in this case, the US debt) is one of those topics that his supporters repeatedly make easily disproven claims again and again.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't believe they care about the truth at all. In fact, I believe they think, as does Trump, that truth can be shaped by repetition of a narrative. Hence, the repeated easily disproven falsehoods that still get repeated even after they've been shown to be false..
I don't think that's because of a truth thing. I think that's more of an "ability to incorporate new information into your decision making framework that is outside of your understanding"

I can certainly say it is soooo frustrating having to repeat things dozens of times (No, Trump didn't stop travel from china.....grrrr).

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do their per capita GDP’s look like?

China and India have smaller economies than the US while each having about 4x the population.

Based on the OECD data I have (Gross National Income per capital for US, China, and India):

upload_2020-5-25_15-16-33.png

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0