Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This afternoon at a press conference, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer announced that the Trump administration is looking to "strip federal grant money from sanctuary states and cities.”

"Like many other major U.S. cities, Chicago—the country’s third largest city—is a sanctuary city. While specifics were not revealed, it’s an ominous announcement, especially when considering that just hours earlier President Trump published a tweet threatening to “send in the Feds” to Chicago to help with its violent crime epidemic.

It’s uncertain which funds the White House is looking to withhold from sanctuary cities and whether such a motion would be approved by congress......"

NO body is above the Law of the land or the Law of GOD. Some just think they are.

Judgment day is coming for those "sanctuary" locations.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Looks like the House will go along with the removal of funds.
Ryan: Sanctuary Cities ‘Are a Violation of the Rule of Law,’ ‘You’ve Got to Enforce the Law’ to Get Federal Assistance

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
As I pointed out (in another thread), the ONLY government in the United States with authority to set policy or statutory law regarding immigration is the Federal Government. This is based on the U. S. Constitution, Section 10.

Therefore, any state, county or CITY is prohibited from enacting laws or policies which conflict with the established laws of the federal government in those matters. Those laws are void before enactment.

So I find this 'disagreement' rather expected.

Withholding funds due to refusing to follow lawful and pertinent federal laws?

Like the prior President intended to do regarding states which withheld money from Planned Parenthood to conduct abortions?

Like the threat to deny funds to North Carolina schools (all of them) because of refusing to let anyone use any bathrooms, regardless of gender description?

Like the threat to deny funds to ten states over failure to enforce the 55 mph speed limit? 10 States Face Loss of Highway Funds for Ignoring Speed Limit : California on List--Just Over Half Drive at 55 M.P.H.

This is not a new idea by any means.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Question???

Are there any Cities that have the sanctuary label governed by Republicans?

Edit
Found this one mention of conservative goverment
In Iowa, at least 26 of the state’s 99 counties are deemed sanctuaries — including some of the state’s most conservative.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Very compassionate. WWJD?

The Law, its about the Law.
It is lawlessness until the law is changed.
There is a process for legal entry, that is compassion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The alternative is very simple. Process deportation as usual. When the state refuses to comply, arrest the officials involved on obstruction of justice charges and prosecute them. If the law applies to everyone, why should citizens be treated differently than politicians who work for them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very compassionate. WWJD?
Jesus said obey the law. I assume He included illegal entry.

But for the sake of entertainment, it would be awesome if the mayor of Washington D.C. declared it a sanctuary city.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
<staff edit>
People from foreign countries do not have the right to come here and demand government benefits.
Q. What do these three have in common? Sen Joe Biden, Sen Barack Obama, Senator Hillary Clinton.
A. All three voted to build a wall between the US and Mexico in 2006.
Yes, that's right. President G.W. Bush signed the law authorizing 700 miles of fencing along the southern US border. The law was never repealed, just never enforced.

Despite claims from those who have chosen to hate this president, all President Trump is doing is enforcing existing US law. That's something that his lawless predecessor never did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People from foreign countries do not have the right to come here and demand government benefits.

They have a right to come here and be treated like people...if "all men are created equal" means something other than words on a page.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They have a right to come here and be treated like people...if "all men are created equal" means something other than words on a page.
Ringo
I don't remember them denying anyone that wants to avail themselves of the legal process in place to enter the country.

Liberal logic says it's ok with people cutting in line at an event and getting in for free that the rest of the people paid money for and waited their turn.

Upvote 0