On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isn't the concept of Sanctuary Cities a Biblical one?

If so, I wonder why those with theocratic tendencies are the one's opposed to them?
Because the name. It magnifies the scofflaws.
Imagine them being called "Federally Underfunded Cities".
Stressing our police forces in a way that elicits a militarization is no comedy of errors.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You said:

I'm pointing out that it hasn't happened. You've got nothing but rhetoric, but you're demanding persecution.

As you quoted me, I said threaten them. Not throw them in jail today. The follow through prosecutions would be once they defy him and the law openly.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As you quoted me, I said threaten them. Not throw them in jail today. The follow through prosecutions would be once they defy him and the law openly.

Threats. Meh. Adults in leadership positions should not lead through threats. Especially not empty threats, inasmuch as none of those mayors is going to break the law. There's just a lot of rhetoric being tossed around that too many people can't see is nothing but rhetoric.

• Winner
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok.. there are things God told Israel to do when someone did something like murder. Where they could go do some other city so forth. NO it is NOT the same. See in America there are LAWS the one must do..apply for to come in and even stay in America. <----and that does NOT go against the word of God. And God told us to obey all mans laws. Not the ones you like dislike agree with or not. Unless they go against the word of God. You dont look at people and say..ooh look its a family.. they have the right to lie.. to break the law and get it. When countless others to this day have been doing it the right way for YEARS!

And so many talk NOW about places (citys) that just ONE year go.. they didnt give a ear to. Now.. oh look some family that get in illegally....or some people are dying.... now we care? And to think Trump will just sit by.. told he cant to anything lol. As the PREZ.. in a case like this.. and then ADD to that thousands getting killed that should have been stopped over 4+ years ago. This shows you what people do not know. He can do things. They were told to get a hold on this or else he will do something. People still watch TV NEWS and drink it in and dont search. Things get said.. that are no 100% true.

So please.. dont think one is standing up for GOD for those that break the law to stay. You are going by feelings. God does not. And again.. as if people really care. Well some CITIES are taking money for those born here in America to help those that snuck in the wrong way. And THATS OK Were not talking about people bringing in BIBLES or start some church where you cant or you die. I lived in LA for so many years. We sill have tons of family there.

I was in construction all my life. I know what its like to see PEOPLE get a job that had no green card.. that got paid allot less. To then see people born here turned away because some that were not born here.. were not ..had no right to be here got a job. Not just once in a while. So WHO are you going to stand up for? What do you think GOD would want? If they know Him? Its go back ..He will help you get in the right way. Anway.. Change is here. And this change hurts because so much sin was left and we did nothing.

So GOD that is not a man.. looked for just ONE to stand in the gap so He would not have to judge. Yet this judgment ALWAYS starts with HIS HOUSE 1st so.. I would SHHHH if I was you. Yet .. some stood in the gap for America.. and God gave America another chance. See its NOT what you think GOD should do.. HE does what HE wants and that is to SAVE this world. And this nation.. has is getting His word out. And what is coming.. GOD does not walk away head hanging low. NO! Something WONDERFUL AWESOME is about to happen...before satan comes out in the open. Just in spots though out the world now..

So.. its not evil wicked wrong to have anyone keep the law..wow you could go nuts with what I just said. Yet.. go for it.. go to some other nation and get the wrong way.. and try to stay.. try to CALL ON GOD to help. He will not. Only ..if it goes against HIS word. Even GOD wants us to do it RIGHT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said obey the law. I assume He included illegal entry.

But for the sake of entertainment, it would be awesome if the mayor of Washington D.C. declared it a sanctuary city.

John 10:1 "I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber!"

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Threats. Meh. Adults in leadership positions should not lead through threats. Especially not empty threats, inasmuch as none of those mayors is going to break the law. There's just a lot of rhetoric being tossed around that too many people can't see is nothing but rhetoric.

If every sanctuary city folds without a fight, I would be happy, but very surprised. Some of those leftists in control are out of their minds.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Because it's just that simple

Spent long in the military, did you?

If that were pertinent, I might answer. Would you rather go fight for their country, or let them? Put another way, would you expect them to fight for our country or leave it to those of us who live here and love it?

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,855.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It's been all over the news. There are a couple dozen threads about it here...
I looked it up and it still doesn't state you can't ever come here. There still is a process and that process has been suspended not ended. You can still claim asylum, but the vetting process is being worked over for now. Yes it does suck for those caught in the process, but if you want to come here you have to prove your case and that you are not a danger to the people that live here. If you ask me that is showing wisdom and is showing compassion for the neighbors who live here.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If that were pertinent, I might answer. Would you rather go fight for their country, or let them? Put another way, would you expect them to fight for our country or leave it to those of us who live here and love it?
So no, not long i the military, thus not a great deal of understanding of how "fighting for one's country" works. Got it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I looked it up and it still doesn't state you can't ever come here. There still is a process and that process has been suspended not ended. You can still claim asylum, but the vetting process is being worked over for now. Yes it does suck for those caught in the process, but if you want to come here you have to prove your case and that you are not a danger to the people that live here. If you ask me that is showing wisdom and is showing compassion for the neighbors who live here.
That was already the case.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a single case of a sanctuary jurisdiction breaking federal immigration law? I'm asking seriously.

No. They're just refusing to go beyond legal requirements for the convenience of the feds. Frequently, that means not holding a person illegally (by state law) when the feds fail to get there in time to make the pickup.

Upvote 0