Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I voted Gary Johnson, and I still don't regret it. Even though he's exaggerated as being a part of the Christian Taliban, I think Trump is truly a bad influence on Pence. I think he wouldn't have walked out of the NFL protest if Trump didn't ask him to.
I voted for Evan McMullen. Don't regret that one either. I couldn't bring myself to waste my vote on Hillary or The Donald.

I think Trump will tarnish Christianity to the extent he plays at being a Christian. So maybe it's good for this kind of thing to come out. Lots of Christians were duped (or self-blinded) into voting for Trump. To their credit they didn't vote for Hillary, but to their shame they did vote for Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: jazzflower92
Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
'Did Mike make you pray?' Trump reportedly mocks Pence's 'religiosity'

I guess it should be obvious that Trump is just playing us all. But it's really obvious he doesn't respect Pence, and expects him to be his stooge. I know people have been talking about how Pence would be worse, but I disagree I think it's Trump who is the worst man here. Trump treats Pence like Mr. Burns treats Smithers. I know the media focused on the gay part, but I think underneath it all Trump really thinks probably little of evangelism. It's why I think people should stop superficially trying to pain Trump as a man of faith, and his appearance at the Values Summit really sums him up as a man pandering. From those who have chose Trump, they say they are tired of nice guys well this is what happens when you pick crass guys over nice ones. They treat you as a cheap date.

Unsourced...."A staff member". At least a 50% chance of that being fabricated or misquoted or whatever. I followed the link to the NY Mag article...it's at the very end.

To be honest this wouldn't surprise me of Trump but neither would it surprise me if the quote is wholly untrue, either.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unsourced...."A staff member". At least a 50% chance of that being fabricated or misquoted or whatever. I followed the link to the NY Mag article...it's at the very end.

To be honest this wouldn't surprise me of Trump but neither would it surprise me if the quote is wholly untrue, either.

Of course it's fabricated baloney. The sad part is that that it won't matter. It will remain true for many.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Of course it's fabricated baloney. The sad part is that that it won't matter. It will remain true for many.
Well, this would be a good opportunity for a real investigative reporter to dig a bit deeper. Do we have any more people of that sort available, or are all of them hyperpartisan now?

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Commenting whether Pence or Trump is worse is a moot point when comparing them to what could have been the alternative.
While the alternative was no prize, I am almost certain that we would not have been subjected to:

1. Apparently drunken (drugged?) late night embarrassing Tweet fests
2. the nomination of totally unqualified hacks to run departments (into the ground)
3. the nomination of a Scalia-wannabe to the SCOTUS
4. near daily embarrassment, especially in terms of interactions with foreign leaders
5. near daily bouts of child-like behavior (name calling, whining, etc.)
6. fascist-like behavior (attacking the press, demanding praise, etc.)
7. thinly-veiled support for neo-Nazis and pro-confederacy white nationalists ('very fine people')
8. thinly-veiled schemes to enrich herself at the expense of taxpayers

And so on.

You can dislike Clinton, think her positions and proposed policies are bad, etc., but it is a total farce to think she would have been no better than the train wreck that we are the victims of now.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
'Did Mike make you pray?' Trump reportedly mocks Pence's 'religiosity'

I guess it should be obvious that Trump is just playing us all. But it's really obvious he doesn't respect Pence, and expects him to be his stooge. I know people have been talking about how Pence would be worse, but I disagree I think it's Trump who is the worst man here. Trump treats Pence like Mr. Burns treats Smithers. I know the media focused on the gay part, but I think underneath it all Trump really thinks probably little of evangelism. It's why I think people should stop superficially trying to pain Trump as a man of faith, and his appearance at the Values Summit really sums him up as a man pandering. From those who have chose Trump, they say they are tired of nice guys well this is what happens when you pick crass guys over nice ones. They treat you as a cheap date.
Uh, no. Trump has not been playing us all, only his supporter who happened to be less the half the popular vote.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People are using this comment as proof that Pence is worse. On the other hand, I think this just proof that we should have gotten a guy like Pence instead of Trump. Trump in my opinion is just spouting what people think Pence would do to gays. He's just a liberal Hollywood type masquerading as a conservative to people to trust him.
Actually I read he was mocking Pence. Because Trump thinks Pence wants to hang gay people. I dont think Trump is all that wrong. I know Pence closed a bunch of Planned Parenthood in his state. So gay men didnt have access for HIV testing.During an HIV out break.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Let's not set them aside. If you find Pence's beliefs abhorrent, why would you mind if Trump mocked them?
Oh, I don't mind that he mocked them. The point is that millions of people voted for a man almost completely opposed to their values, who is literally mocking them in the form of his VP.

It also points out how awful Pence's values are, which serves as a great preview for what we may be in for in a little over a year.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I voted for Evan McMullen. Don't regret that one either. I couldn't bring myself to waste my vote on Hillary or The Donald.

I think Trump will tarnish Christianity to the extent he plays at being a Christian. So maybe it's good for this kind of thing to come out. Lots of Christians were duped (or self-blinded) into voting for Trump. To their credit they didn't vote for Hillary, but to their shame they did vote for Trump.
Trump won't tarnish the Christianity. Christians all ready tarnished themselves when they voted for Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Id say just let it go. There's no benefit in pursuing gossip or rumors -it goes against the virtue of prudence.
Perhaps so. Still, I wonder if he's just a pretender and is just laughing at all the people he's fooled.

• Agree
Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually I read he was mocking Pence. Because Trump thinks Pence wants to hang gay people. I dont think Trump is all that wrong. I know Pence closed a bunch of Planned Parenthood in his state. So gay men didnt have access for HIV testing.During an HIV out break.

PP isn't the absolute source of HIV testing. Also saying that it is really false. Ironically, its really spreading most of the falsehoods said by Trump. Also the logic behind closing PP and killing gay people is equating two non-related things together.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I don't mind that he mocked them. The point is that millions of people voted for a man almost completely opposed to their values, who is literally mocking them in the form of his VP.

It also points out how awful Pence's values are, which serves as a great preview for what we may be in for in a little over a year.

Or it more like it's how he sees Pence's values the same way as his detractors do. Also the so-called fear of Pence is actually going to keep Trump in the first place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump won't tarnish the Christianity. Christians all ready tarnished themselves when they voted for Trump.

I voted for Trump twice. So does that mean I'm double-tarnished?

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Of course it's fabricated baloney.

You may not have heard trump speak before:

"People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?" - trump

"“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things," - Trump on foreign policy

"Maybe you're going to say, please don’t give us so much backing. Mr. President, please, we don’t need that much backing. " - Trump in front of wall commemorating CIA's fallen

"“THEY ASKED ME, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WATERBOARDING, MR. TRUMP. AND I SAID I LOVE IT. I THINK IT’S GREAT.”

"“I’M REALLY GOOD AT WAR.” - Trump, a man who dodged the draft and mocks POWs

“I DON’T THINK I’VE MADE MISTAKES. EVERY TIME SOMEBODY SAID I MADE A MISTAKE, THEY DO THE POLLS AND MY NUMBERS GO UP, SO I GUESS I HAVEN’T MADE ANY MISTAKES.”

“WHILE DISABLED VETERANS SHOULD BE GIVEN EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO EARN A LIVING, IS IT FAIR TO DO SO TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE CITY AS A WHOLE OR ITS TAX PAYING CITIZENS AND BUSINESSES?”

"I don’t brag about my success." "My incredible success could have been a part of the problem. Everything I touched turned to gold. " - Trump, in literally the same interview.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0