jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'Did Mike make you pray?' Trump reportedly mocks Pence's 'religiosity'

I guess it should be obvious that Trump is just playing us all. But it's really obvious he doesn't respect Pence, and expects him to be his stooge. I know people have been talking about how Pence would be worse, but I disagree I think it's Trump who is the worst man here. Trump treats Pence like Mr. Burns treats Smithers. I know the media focused on the gay part, but I think underneath it all Trump really thinks probably little of evangelism. It's why I think people should stop superficially trying to pain Trump as a man of faith, and his appearance at the Values Summit really sums him up as a man pandering. From those who have chose Trump, they say they are tired of nice guys well this is what happens when you pick crass guys over nice ones. They treat you as a cheap date.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most Trump supporters could care less about Trump being phony. And would consider you a traitor. For calling him out. Or disagreeing with him. I believe a lot of people will this Fake news. Anyways Trump seems to be doing what the Conservative Christians want.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most Trump supporters could care less about Trump being phony. And would consider you a traitor. For calling him out. Or disagreeing with him. I believe a lot of people will this Fake news. Anyways Trump seems to be doing what the Conservative Christians want.

People are using this comment as proof that Pence is worse. On the other hand, I think this just proof that we should have gotten a guy like Pence instead of Trump. Trump in my opinion is just spouting what people think Pence would do to gays. He's just a liberal Hollywood type masquerading as a conservative to people to trust him.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Commenting whether Pence or Trump is worse is a moot point when comparing them to what could have been the alternative.

People can't keep on appealing to lesser of the two evils, when Trump has shown he's just gaming people.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Commenting whether Pence or Trump is worse is a moot point when comparing them to what could have been the alternative.
At least Pence walks the walk. I detest him, but at least voting for him would have been consistent with many evangelical voters' values.

Voting for a twice divorced man who brags about creeping on young girls and sexually assaulting women, has outright said he has never asked god for forgiveness, and has changed his abortion stance 5 times in 3 days does not show a great deal of conviction in those values.

It shows that many only care about power and their values come second.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
'Did Mike make you pray?' Trump reportedly mocks Pence's 'religiosity'

I guess it should be obvious that Trump is just playing us all. But it's really obvious he doesn't respect Pence, and expects him to be his stooge. I know people have been talking about how Pence would be worse, but I disagree I think it's Trump who is the worst man here. Trump treats Pence like Mr. Burns treats Smithers. I know the media focused on the gay part, but I think underneath it all Trump really thinks probably little of evangelism. It's why I think people should stop superficially trying to pain Trump as a man of faith, and his appearance at the Values Summit really sums him up as a man pandering. From those who have chose Trump, they say they are tired of nice guys well this is what happens when you pick crass guys over nice ones. They treat you as a cheap date.
B ... b ...but all these evangelicals said that Trump was an earnest baby Christian. So which is it?

Does it matter? We got him for another 39 months at least. And Trump will be Trump. Crazy that. At least I didn't vote for him. I didn't trust him any more than I trusted Hillary. Whether this story is true or not I still don't trust him. Pence at least might be real.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

I agree, the alternative would have been a lot better, but since we have what we have, we must keep our trust that God can create something good out of the entire ordeal, since humans certainly aren't willing and able to fix all of this mess.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People should not keep using words as if christians as a whole say this or that. Christians as a whole did not call Trump a christian. Nor did christians as a whole say they voted for him because of his values. Heck some christians didn't vote for him. In my case I knew he was crazy but voted for him. Though technically I did not vote for him, I voted against Hillary. Trump just happen to be the only opposing vote that had any chance at winning. I voted for Trumps in hope he would get impeached so Pence would take over. Because I like Pence, if Pence had been running, then I'd call it a vote for Pence and not a vote against Hillary.

Any christians that is naive enough to think Trump cares about christians is...well naive.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Trump in my opinion is just spouting what people think Pence would do to gays

...Trump went out on stage the rainbow flag. There were quite a few Evangelicals who either held their noses or didn't vote for him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
People are using this comment as proof that Pence is worse. On the other hand, I think this just proof that we should have gotten a guy like Pence instead of Trump.

You did get Pence - he was elected last November.

Trump in my opinion is just spouting what people think Pence would do to gays. He's just a liberal Hollywood type masquerading as a conservative to people to trust him.

It's called humor... and what type are you? You're the one who got all butthurt when the Russians stopped allowing them to march naked down the streets of St. Petersburg...

People can't keep on appealing to lesser of the two evils, when Trump has shown he's just gaming people.

What two evils would those be? Before Trump came along, you were looking at either Hillary or ¡Jeb! Sometimes people need reminding about the bullet(s) we dodged last year...

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
B ... b ...but all these evangelicals said that Trump was an earnest baby Christian. So which is it?

Does it matter? We got him for another 39 months at least. And Trump will be Trump. Crazy that. At least I didn't vote for him. I didn't trust him any more than I trusted Hillary. Whether this story is true or not I still don't trust him. Pence at least might be real.

I voted Gary Johnson, and I still don't regret it. Even though he's exaggerated as being a part of the Christian Taliban, I think Trump is truly a bad influence on Pence. I think he wouldn't have walked out of the NFL protest if Trump didn't ask him to.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You did get Pence - he was elected last November.

It's called humor... and what type are you? You're the one who got all butthurt when the Russians stopped allowing them to march naked down the streets of St. Petersburg...

What two evils would those be? Before Trump came along, you were looking at either Hillary or ¡Jeb! Sometimes people need reminding about the bullet(s) we dodged last year...

I didn't get Pence, we got Trump, who can do no wrong in the eyes of many who are more social conservative than Christian. And that's not humor at all, it's belittling someone for their beliefs and treating them as what their detractors think of them.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...Trump went out on stage the rainbow flag. There were quite a few Evangelicals who either held their noses or didn't vote for him.

Trump got what, 86% of the evangelical vote? And he won the primary over devout Christians like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Ben Carson. In April, his job approval rating among white, church-going evangelicals was 78%. (I couldn't find anything newer than April)

Among white evangelicals, regular churchgoers are the most supportive of Trump

As far as I can tell, fewer "held their noses or didn't vote for him" than you're suggesting. There's a whole subsection of rural & suburban evangelical Christianity that feeds on the sort of authoritarianism that Trump represents. Even though most evangelicals don't identify as Dominionists, Dominionist ideas are widespread, and establishing in a sort of lite theocracy is a primary goal of many of theirs. Electing anyone who so much as pays lip service to their authoritarianism and their ideals is pretty much SOP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, the alternative would have been a lot better, but since we have what we have, we must keep our trust that God can create something good out of the entire ordeal, since humans certainly aren't willing and able to fix all of this mess.

I often find comfort in the absolute truth that the internet can directly take what you said and make it mean the exact opposite of its intention. Well played my friend! :laughing:

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trump Mocked Mike Pence's Religious Convictions

Redstate is as conservative as you can get, and they know how Trump's belittling of Pence really shows his true colors. I think underneath Trump sees Pence just like the rest of a lot of liberals who view him: a dangerous theocrat who wants to shock all gay people dead. Pence can do better, and so can we.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Trump got what, 86% of the evangelical vote? And he won the primary over devout Christians like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Ben Carson. In April, his job approval rating among white, church-going evangelicals was 78%. (I couldn't find anything newer than April)

Among white evangelicals, regular churchgoers are the most supportive of Trump

As far as I can tell, fewer "held their noses or didn't vote for him" than you're suggesting. There's a whole subsection of rural & suburban evangelical Christianity that feeds on the sort of authoritarianism that Trump represents. Even though most evangelicals don't identify as Dominionists, Dominionist ideas are widespread, and establishing in a sort of lite theocracy is a primary goal of many of theirs. Electing anyone who so much as pays lip service to their authoritarianism and their ideals is pretty much SOP.

...did you not read your own poll?

And, indeed, during the Republican primaries, highly observant white evangelical Protestants tended to favor Ted Cruz, while less-religious evangelicals backed Trump over any other candidate.

But yeah, dem evil Evangelicals want dat authoritarianism.

Or, yanno, maybe Hillary was that loathsome to them and the constant attacks against those who voted for him have actually galvanized their support because the media and the hard left apparently don't understand basic human psychology?

Said the wolf to the lamb...

The only thing more depressingly hilarious than Trump's professed 'faith' is others belief in his sincerity on the matter.

Trump is about as Christian as Muhammad.

Well, flaming rules apply to public figures now. So, we can't say that he's not a Christian. What I can say, however, is that I think he's about as much of a Christian as Obama or Clinton.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't get Pence, we got Trump, who can do no wrong in the eyes of many who are more social conservative than Christian.

You got Trump/Pence. That was the ticket. Few people outside of Indiana had even heard of Pence until the campaign.

And that's not humor at all, it's belittling someone for their beliefs and treating them as what their detractors think of them.

The butt of the humor may have been Pence's detractors in the Press. That would be more consistent with the way he has talked about the press vs. the way he has talked about Pence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0