United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From the article:

In a tweet Thursday morning, President Trump abbreviated “Secret Service” to “S.S.” — also the abbreviation for the Schutzstaffel, a paramilitary organization created by Adolf Hitler. One of its units was responsible for enforcing Nazi racial policy.

The accepted abbreviation for the Secret Service is USSS, and Trump has tweeted using that form in the past.

Here is the text of the tweet:

Our great National Guard Troops who took care of the area around the White House could hardly believe how easy it was. “A walk in the park”, one said. The protesters, agitators, anarchists (ANTIFA), and others, were handled VERY easily by the Guard, D.C. Police, & S.S. GREAT JOB!

The article suggested that it was possible Trump dropped two letters from USSS in order to keep the tweet at exactly 288 characters, but he could easily have changed a different place if he had wanted to, such as saying “the White House area” instead of “the area around the White House,” saving 31 characters.

Personally, I am more concerned about the apparent bragging of how easy it was than I am about the use of “SS,” although both are serious. It seems that Trump always has to be bragging either about himself or something that he thinks reflects well on him, even though the Bible counsels “Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth.” [Proverbs 27:2]

Trump abbreviates Secret Service as S.S. — although he knows the right way to do it

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So this is going to get scrutinized and get Trump's name and actions back into the media cycle, dislodging his opponents' attempt to capitalize on the nation-wide protests and related matters.

You're being played by a guy who isn't even intelligent in the first place.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,560.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
From the article:

In a tweet Thursday morning, President Trump abbreviated “Secret Service” to “S.S.” — also the abbreviation for the Schutzstaffel, a paramilitary organization created by Adolf Hitler. One of its units was responsible for enforcing Nazi racial policy.

The accepted abbreviation for the Secret Service is USSS, and Trump has tweeted using that form in the past.

Our great National Guard Troops who took care of the area around the White House could hardly believe how easy it was. “A walk in the park”, one said. The protesters, agitators, anarchists (ANTIFA), and others, were handled VERY easily by the Guard, D.C. Police, & S.S. GREAT JOB!

The article suggested that it was possible Trump dropped two letters from USSS in order to keep the tweet at exactly 288 characters, but he could easily have changed a different place if he had wanted to, such as saying “the White House area” instead of “the area around the White House,” saving 31 characters.

Personally, I am more concerned about the apparent bragging of how easy it was than I am about the use of “SS,” although both are serious. It seems that Trump always has to be bragging either about himself or something that he thinks reflects well on him, even though the Bible counsels “Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth.” [Proverbs 27:2]

Trump abbreviates Secret Service as S.S. — although he knows the right way to do it
Just pointing out that "S.S." and "USSS" are the exact same number of characters. Also I love how he just claims that Antifa was involved in the protest around the White House, which were peaceful until the cops cleared it, but tries ot paint them as constantly causing violence.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

The never-ending effort to find something or other to gripe about concerning the President seems to have reached even more absurd levels than previously.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The never-ending effort to find something or other to gripe about concerning the President seems to have reached even more absurd levels than previously.
Trust me, it is no effort at all.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

You have to admit, though, Trump is completely tone deaf especially when it comes to what he writes on Twitter. There is a reason it seems other Republicans pretend Trump's Twitter account doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trust me, it is no effort at all.
I know. That's part of why the allegations fall on deaf ears with so many people.

Then the critics of the President often act surprised that the people didn't just fall for anything.

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Reminds me of that time, which I have mentioned before here, when I went over to my neighbor's townhouse unit, three units south from mine, to ask him to turn down his music that he was playing loudly in his back yard. At 2:00 in the morning. He replied that I was being overly sensitive.
Or the time just out of high school when I was working in the Sears hardware department, and a customer brought back a lawn sprinkler for a refund. He had the receipt, and it was a few days shy of one year. Except that the sprinkler was the cheap brand that had only a 90-day guarantee, and I pointed that out to him. He didn't care, and kept demanding the refund. I finally said, "Sir, I understand your point of view. Really. But don't you understand my position?" He said, "No, I absolutely do not!" So I gave up and took him to the store manager.

There will always be people who can see only their own point of view and will dismiss any other person's point of view as unimportant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You have to admit, though, Trump is completely tone deaf especially when it comes to what he writes on Twitter.
Uh, "tone deaf" is one thing. What his critics routinely accuse him of definitely isn't limited to something as mild as "tone deaf," however.

As I said about this particular complaint, it seemed to reach a new level of absurdity.

What a thousand other of his utterances and tweets were like really wasn't the issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Uh, "tone deaf" is one thing. What his critics routinely accuse him of definitely isn't limited to something as mild as "tone deaf," however....
Absolutely. What he does definitely isn't limited to something as mild as being "tone deaf."

Upvote 0