Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
RealClear Politics has Trump's approval heading positive, better than it's been for over a month and generally better than it's been at almost any time during his presidency.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Rasmussen has a similar result:
Trump Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports®

Impeachment has been a great boon to fund-raising:
Trump Campaign Raises $3.1M in Donations During Impeachment Hearings
Makes sense. His supporters have this circle the wagons knee jerk reaction to any attack on Trump and he’s not above exploiting that to his advantage.

The people who love him can send all their hard earned dollars to him for all I care. Keep in mind Hillary raised and spent 2 to 1 what the Trump campaign did in 2016.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
point?

Trump didn't raise a lot of money in 2016; yet, he won. He will now raise over a billion. Democrats (all of them together) are way behind the president in raining money.

Bloomberg is stepping in and making the difference, although the lefties aren't totally happy with that.

The people who love him can send all their hard earned dollars to him for all I care. Keep in mind Hillary raised and spent 2 to 1 what the Trump campaign did in 2016.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bribery is a solicitation. An offer that could be taken for goods, services, and/or actions in return.
I will give this for that.

Quid pro quo is a 'you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours' type of thing.
I will give you this, if you give me that.

Extortion is obtaining an item/benefit through coercion, violence, fear.
You will give me that!!

They are not necessarily synonyms.

How come it is that Biden's claims to have done that appears to cover all three ( -- just based on what he claims about it of course)?

• Winner
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
US presidential approval/disapproval rates have been nearly static, statistically speaking, since about August. There was a brief spike in approval in early/mid September, which as since been reversed and this is what giving the appearance of an overall downward (not upward) trend.

Whether this is actually a lowering of overall approval (which as averaged ~41.5% for the year so far and is presently at 41.1%) will need a few more weeks to tell.

Looking at the averages of the last 250 presidential approval polls

Last 25: 41.1% approve/54.4% disapprove
Last 50: 41.3%/54.3%
Last 100: 41.1%/54.6%
Last 150: 40.9%/54.5%
Last 200: 41.1%/54.4%
Last 250: 41.3%/54.5%

What's most interesting is there's been a widening in the gap between results on some of the polls. Some are showing very low approval rates (~36-38%), which haven't really been seen since February, while others are showing high approval rages (~44-51%), which were last seen in mid September.

Rasmussen is a case in point, with net approval swinging from -15 to -3 and then back to -13 in the space of 12 days.

So, it looks like the results are getting more polarised, which makes accurate prediction much more difficult.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
US presidential approval/disapproval rates have been nearly static, statistically speaking, since about August. There was a brief spike in approval in early/mid September, which as since been reversed and this is what giving the appearance of an overall downward (not upward) trend.

Whether this is actually a lowering of overall approval (which as averaged ~41.5% for the year so far and is presently at 41.1%) will need a few more weeks to tell.

Looking at the averages of the last 250 presidential approval polls

Last 25: 41.1% approve/54.4% disapprove
Last 50: 41.3%/54.3%
Last 100: 41.1%/54.6%
Last 150: 40.9%/54.5%
Last 200: 41.1%/54.4%
Last 250: 41.3%/54.5%

What's most interesting is there's been a widening in the gap between results on some of the polls. Some are showing very low approval rates (~36-38%), which haven't really been seen since February, while others are showing high approval rages (~44-51%), which were last seen in mid September.

Rasmussen is a case in point, with net approval swinging from -15 to -3 and then back to -13 in the space of 12 days.

So, it looks like the results are getting more polarised, which makes accurate prediction much more difficult.
Your extremely long-term averages make my point very well. The current RealClear Politics average approval is 44.2%, some 3% higher than the long-term averages you posted.

Thanks for providing the comparative data.

• Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How come it is that Biden's claims to have done that appears to cover all three ( -- just based on what he claims about it of course)?
Biden's actions were as the US official policy for the good of both nations while Donald's were for his own personal political gain, against the good of both nations (supporting and facilitating corruption is bad for both).

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Biden's actions were as the US official policy for the good of both nations ...
Noting that that sounds a lot like "For the common good".

Noting also that a large portion of the "anti-corruption" money going into Ukraine came from George Soros organizations ... which some claim represents manifest corruption. Claiming anti-corruption does not absolve one of needing to act in a non-corrupt manner.
... while Donald's were for his own personal political gain, against the good of both nations (supporting and facilitating corruption is bad for both).
Personal political advantage is not automatically opposed to ethical, legal and for the common good.

Jus' sayin ...

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Noting also that a large portion of the "anti-corruption" money going into Ukraine came from George Soros organizations ... which some claim represents manifest corruption.

Some people claim the earth is flat and that the tooth fairy is real, none of which makes it true. If you have proof that George Soros is corrupt then provide it, otherwise it’s just slander.

I’m getting beyond tired with hearing Donald’s favourite ‘some people say’ line.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Polls never really reflect reality. The majority is silent because that's what makes them the silent majority.
You’d think the majority would be quite vocal in their support for the president, especially now.

I mean... what are they ashamed of?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that the BOTTOM LINE is that Trump's popularity/approval rating is higher than its been for awhile.

In any case, the open question is the swing states. What will happen in MI, PA, WI and AZ?

Democrats, especially those on the left, believe that Trump is so much a loser in those states, that they can afford to propose to tear down the system and replace it with their vision of America.

Moderate Democrats are panicking. Pelosi and Obama have spoken out against the left, as has Bloomberg. Several new candidates are being asked to come into the race, to prevent the election of someone from the left, who they believe would surely lose to Trump. [I agree]

Those on the left hope for millions of more turning out for Warren or Sanders. Yjey have their normal fantasy of taking FL and OH. Of course, those additional people are likely to be in Democratic leaning states, and likely would result in ZERO additional electoral votes.

Your extremely long-term averages make my point very well. The current RealClear Politics average approval is 44.2%, some 3% higher than the long-term averages you posted.

Thanks for providing the comparative data.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
same as always

Trump is a disgusting boor. So? They majority dislikes Trump. So?

Trump and his family are not folks that we would socialize with. So?
===========
HOWEVER, the silent majority would rather vote for him than Warren or Sanders. Low unemployment rates, a high stock market, more conservative judges, and lower illegal immigration rates are all enough for MANY to hold their noses and vote for Trump.

You’d think the majority would be quite vocal in their support for the president, especially now.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Noting that that sounds a lot like "For the common good".
And a lot like "for the general welfare"...so what?

Noting also that a large portion of the "anti-corruption" money going into Ukraine came from George Soros organizations
What if it did? Soros is for democracy and openness in government.

... which some claim represents manifest corruption.
And what evidence is there for that claim?

Claiming anti-corruption does not absolve one of needing to act in a non-corrupt manner.
Whoever said otherwise?

Personal political advantage is not automatically opposed to ethical, legal and for the common good.
True enough, but when all there is is personal political advantage coercing an investigation which is not for the common good, then it becomes unethical and illegal.

Jus' sayin ...
A poor imitation highlights the imitator's lack of wit.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
An interesting approach.

Trump respects polls a lot, especially focused polls not released to the public. Trump' folks in 2016, based on polling, knew that it was possible to win in PA, MI, WI, and MN. The rest is history.

All politicians and political parties use polls as a very important part of their campaigning process.

As an aside, Bloomberg understands the importance of these states and AZ, and is pouring hundreds of millions into advertising in those states, while the candidates play patty cake in Iowa.

Polls never really reflect reality. The majority is silent because that's what makes them the silent majority.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump's moving avergage approval rating has been in the same narrow range for 1.5 years and yet again disingenuous Trump supporters want to claim some flicker in the polls is a meaningful change.

Hey, Trump supporters: if you post every other week on how "Trump is up in the polls" how come his numbers aren't higher today 2019/11/18 than they were in June, 2018? As you keep telling us, they're going up up up!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
An interesting approach.

Trump respects polls a lot, especially focused polls not released to the public. Trump' folks in 2016, based on polling, knew that it was possible to win in PA, MI, WI, and MN. The rest is history.

All politicians and political parties use polls as a very important part of their campaigning process.

As an aside, Bloomberg understands the importance of these states and AZ, and is pouring hundreds of millions into advertising in those states, while the candidates play patty cake in Iowa.

They use the to politic, nothing more and nothing less. I personally appreciate things that reflect reality.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

No you wouldn't. There is no reason any of them should reflect support for the President unless some are only sent to registered Republicans who voted for Donald Trump twice in 2016.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think that the BOTTOM LINE is that Trump's popularity/approval rating is higher than its been for awhile.

Pretty sure the data posted here shows it has been fluctuating in the same narrow window plus /minus a few percent for almost all of his term.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, but the larger point is that Trump isn't being hurt by the impeachment proceedings.

Pretty sure the data posted here shows it has been fluctuating in the same narrow window plus /minus a few percent for almost all of his term.

• Winner
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, but the larger point is that Trump isn't being hurt by the impeachment proceedings.

Actually, no, this doesn't show that. What it shows it Trump's "base" is loyal, no matter what Trump does, and that Trump/right wing social media is very good about getting right wing propaganda out to that base.

To believe your above comment, though, you have to ignore the fact that while his base is remaining loyal, more and more Independents are unhappy with Trump and agree with impeachment. Granted, this doesn't necessarily seem to be carrying over to the swing states at the moment. What it shows is a majority of Americans are unhappy with Trump and that impeachment is hurting him, for now. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next year, particularly once Democrats choose a true front runner (once we get through Super Tuesday or so) and they start focusing on Trump rather than fighting with each other.

Upvote 0