Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
RealClear Politics has Trump's approval heading positive, better than it's been for over a month and generally better than it's been at almost any time during his presidency.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Rasmussen has a similar result:
Trump Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports®

Impeachment has been a great boon to fund-raising:
Trump Campaign Raises $3.1M in Donations During Impeachment Hearings

Probably because his opposition has been showing their true colors.

Were we born yesterday? Did we not see President after president sending money to Iran, North Korea etc trying to "motivate" them? How many thousands of "deals" have governments made - exchanging one thing for another???? (Not to mention our efforts to get some S. American nations to deal with corruption in their own boarders)

Trump wanted the Ukraine to deal with corruption in its own government related to Burisma .. Biden already outed himself in terms of the role he played in bribing the Ukraine to drop it investigation into his son, what "else" was there to know about Biden?

Trump wanted "the truth to come out" regarding crime that the Ukraine government may have been involved with - pertaining to America and was looking for the standard form of "motivation" when giving aide to other partners. What is amazing is that the "aid" he was offering was far superior to anything the Obama administration gave to the Ukraine.

So we "never" asked or even motivated south American governments to look into criminal activity that they may have participated in? Seriously?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Democrats may be in a fix at the moment. With the impeachment charade seemingly going nowhere, the president's favorability ratings are going up. And yet Pelosi cannot abandon the idea of impeaching the president, even knowing that it will go nowhere in the Senate.

Since these hearings began, the charge used against the president has been changed several times by the Democrats on the committee and that seems only to make their "investigation" look more phony than it did at the start.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gallup disagrees. In October his job approval rating dropped.

Trump Job Approval Slumps in 11th Quarter

Yep there is that lagging poll.

But in general they all play out the same... lots of democrat and media "hype" of the form "this is it ... this is really it" only to have the American public realize a few weeks later that the liberal media was once again "playing the American public".

Some liberal Democrat politicians know that cycle so why are they trying this particular dirty trick now? Why aren't they waiting to do an "October surprise"??

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
upload_2019-11-15_13-56-47.png

upload_2019-11-15_13-54-48.png

upload_2019-11-15_13-59-48.png

upload_2019-11-15_14-1-9.png

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Rasmussen is the outlier that proves the truth: Trump's approval rating is near 43% and his disapproval rating is over 52%.

realclearpolitics.com look under polls brother Nighthawkeye is cherry picking one of ten polls

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Gallup disagrees. In October his job approval rating dropped.

Trump Job Approval Slumps in 11th Quarter
That poll confirms the current rebound. The impeachment effort drove polling down slightly over the last quarter, the past three months prior to November.

Unfortunately for Dems, polls in November look better than polls did prior to the last quarter. The impeachment momentum has turned negative for Democrats.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Democrats may be in a fix at the moment. With the impeachment charade seemingly going nowhere, the president's favorability ratings are going up. And yet Pelosi cannot abandon the idea of impeaching the president, even knowing that it will go nowhere in the Senate.

The impeachment inquiry is definitely going somewhere. The Representatives have not heard all of the witnesses yet partially because Donald Trump is blocking testimonies, but I know they are getting more information and will continue to do so.
Since these hearings began, the charge used against the president has been changed several times by the Democrats on the committee and that seems only to make their "investigation" look more phony than it did at the start.

What do you mean by this? The terms bribery and quid pro quo are synonyms being used together. None of the Democrats are changing the charge; they just have two different terms for the same kind of crime. Actually, the "charge" is the article of impeachment. Technically, there have been no charges yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean by this? The terms bribery and quid pro quo are synonyms being used together. None of the Democrats are changing the charge; they just have two different terms for the same crime.

Bribery is a solicitation. An offer that could be taken for goods, services, and/or actions in return.
I will give this for that.

Quid pro quo is a 'you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours' type of thing.
I will give you this, if you give me that.

Extortion is obtaining an item/benefit through coercion, violence, fear.
You will give me that!!

They are not necessarily synonyms.

• Winner
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟325,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bribery is a solicitation. An offer that could be taken for goods, services, and/or actions in return.
I will give this for that.

Quid pro quo is a 'you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours' type of thing.
I will give you this, if you give me that.

Extortion is obtaining an item/benefit through coercion, violence, fear.
You will give me that!!

They are not necessarily synonyms.

Hmm... what you quoted states, "The terms bribery and quid pro quo are synonyms being used together. None of the Democrats are changing the charge; they just have two different terms for the same kind of crime."

You then state that Bribery is, "I will give this for that," and that quid pro quo is, "I will give you this, if you give me that." I don't see how you disproved what he said at all.

Instead, you merely added "extortion" to muddy the waters -- but he didn't talk about extortion. I'll admit that some are, but that is something they are adding on top of quid pro quo/bribery, because they believe the testimony supports added crimes.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That poll confirms the current rebound. The impeachment effort drove polling down slightly over the last quarter, the past three months prior to November.

Unfortunately for Dems, polls in November look better than polls did prior to the last quarter. The impeachment momentum has turned negative for Democrats.

That poll is one of ten, the others greatly disagreeing with it. No, Trump is slumping. RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟325,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL ... that's what I posted.

Note that Trump's approval now at 44.4% is well above where it has been for most of the past month, well above the average over the past six months, and even farther above Trump's approval average since assuming office.

Yes, his approval is almost back to where it was when the Whistleblower Report became public knowledge -- though still lower than before -- but his unfavorable rating has not improved.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, his approval is almost back to where it was when the Whistleblower Report became public knowledge -- though still lower than before -- but his unfavorable rating has not improved.
That is correct also. His approval is not quite as high as it has occasionally peaked but is well above the average. The general trend appears positive.

It's worth noting that Trump's disapproval is well below its peak of the first couple of years of his presidency.

Upvote 0