loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump wrongly casts blame on Yovanovitch for Somalia
Trump tweeted, "Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad" and then referenced Somalia and Ukraine.

The White House failed to provide evidence that Yovanovitch was to blame for what happened in Somalia during her tenure. She was stationed in Somalia early in her career in the 1980s. There is no evidence that as an embassy official she played any role in Somalia’s downfall.

People also spoke highly of her time in Ukraine, and we were able to find no hard evidence to suggest her Ukraine tenure was "bad." In fact, we found many positive words about her job performance.

We rate this statement Pants on Fire.
tulc(this is President Trumps 109th pants on fire) :fire:

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AP FACT CHECK: Trump twists ex-ambassador’s record
Yovanovitch served as a low-level diplomat in Somalia in her first foreign tour after joining the foreign service in her 20s. She had nothing to do with the 1984 famine that preceded her arrival in Somalia and contributed to that country’s unraveling, nor anything to do with the government’s collapse and the onset of anarchy after she left.
tulc( :wave: )

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I haven't found anywhere where it says she served in Somalia. If I don't see something soon I'm going to suspect that Trump made this up. It's one of the countries he put on the 'bad word' list.

She talked about serving in Somalia during her testimony.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She talked about serving in Somalia during her testimony.
Thanks, I meant to listen to her testimony last night but haven't yet.

I didn't see @tulc 's post until this morning, thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Representatives wasted their time asking her questions that are irrelevant to the case. Ms. Sewell wanted to know how losing the ambassador job affected Marie Yovanovitch's family. So I stopped watching it.
If a Trump supporter with over 30 years of distinguished government service was subjected to having his/her reputation smeared and "badmouthed" by the President for no apparent reason, conservatives would be "apoplectic!"

Perhaps "ChristianForCats" would enlighten us as to how just one low level American public servant could be held responsible for situation that existed in Somalia!

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Marie Yovanovitch is not a "Trump supporter." She was sent to Somalia by Ronald Reagan.
Does this mean that all the employees of the federal government need to be replaced every time a new President is inaugurated?

Trump's tweet on Friday suggests that Yovanovitch is personally responsible for America's inability to achieve success in Somalia - why don't his supporters take his assertions seriously?

Upvote 0