15 Facts About E. Jean Carroll’s Allegations Against Trump the Media Don’t Want You to Knowhttps://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/27/15-facts-abo

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That shouldn’t matter and if it does to you, that says more about you than her or her experience.
Statutory limits, criminal law, and civil lawsuits don't matter?
Really??????

Perhaps that's why our courts across America are over burdened with lawsuits.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
BTW, this was a civil trial to determine how much Trump
would have to pay. He was already found liable in the previous
trial. In civil trials like this, there were only 9 jurors and they didn't
have to reach a unanimous decision, just a majority decision.
Are you sure about that? Everything I can find seems to agree that federal civil juries still require a unanimous verdict.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure about that? Everything I can find seems to agree that federal civil juries still require a unanimous verdict.
Civil trials only require a majority, not unanamous verdicts.

Also, in this trial there were only 9 jurors, not 12 as in a criminal trial.

As I read it, there was never a criminal trial on this. The first was a civil and this trial
was to determine the amount of money that Carroll would be awarded.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Civil trials only require a majority, not unanamous verdicts.
Not true in a federal court.
Also, in this trial there were only 9 jurors, not 12 as in a criminal trial.
Ok.
As I read it, there was never a criminal trial on this. The first was a civil and this trial
was to determine the amount of money that Carroll would be awarded.
Ok? I never claimed otherwise. I just questioned your claim that this decision didn't need to be unanimous.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not true in a federal court.

Ok.

Ok? I never claimed otherwise. I just questioned your claim that this decision didn't need to be unanimous.
"When E Jean Carroll, a magazine writer, came forward to describe how she was sexually assaulted by Donald Trump in a Manhattan department store in 1996, Trump called her claim “a complete con job” and accused her of making it up to sell books. But on Tuesday, a New York jury – in a civil, rather than criminal, case – disagreed. They found that he was liable for sexual abuse and defamation – and ordered him to pay her $5m (£4m) in damages.

The jury did not find that Trump had raped Carroll, as she alleged. But it said he was shown by a preponderance of the evidence to have sexually abused her, and then told a malicious falsehood about her that did serious damage to her reputation." E Jean Carroll v Donald Trump: how the civil court case unfolded

From my understanding, this was a civil trial in a NY District Court, not a federal court.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
"When E Jean Carroll, a magazine writer, came forward to describe how she was sexually assaulted by Donald Trump in a Manhattan department store in 1996, Trump called her claim “a complete con job” and accused her of making it up to sell books. But on Tuesday, a New York jury – in a civil, rather than criminal, case – disagreed. They found that he was liable for sexual abuse and defamation – and ordered him to pay her $5m (£4m) in damages.

The jury did not find that Trump had raped Carroll, as she alleged. But it said he was shown by a preponderance of the evidence to have sexually abused her, and then told a malicious falsehood about her that did serious damage to her reputation." E Jean Carroll v Donald Trump: how the civil court case unfolded

From my understanding, this was a civil trial in a NY District Court, not a federal court.
This case was tried in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York. If this was in state court it would have been heard in the New York Supreme Court (NY is weird in that the trial court is the Supreme Court and the high court is the Court of Appeals.)

Upvote 0

SMTA

Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
✟15,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's hard to find on Google, so here's what you need to know about E. Jean Carroll, most of which was deemed "inadmissible" by the judge:

-Carroll was unable to remember when this alleged attack even occurred. She told her lawyer in 2023, “This question, the when, the when, the date, has been something I’ve [been] constantly trying to pin down.” She has jumped years — originally beginning with 1994, then moving to 1995, and even floating to 1996. She cannot remember the season in which the alleged attack occurred either.

-Carroll first came forward — conveniently — with the allegations while promoting her book What Do We Need Men For? in 2019, which featured a list of “The Most Hideous Men of My Life.”

- She said she was never raped, telling the New York Times’ podcast, The Daily, “Every woman gets to choose her word.

-There are zero witnesses to the alleged sexual attack. In a store that always has many not a 1

-Bergdorf Goodman has no surveillance video of the alleged incident.

- She couldn't recall the date, month, season, or year the incident happened

- She never told anyone about it, despite being publicly obsessed with her own sexuality

- The dress she claims to have been wearing didn't exist at the time

- Her description of the dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman was inaccurate, making her sequence of events impossible

- Her lawsuit was bankrolled by Jeffrey Epstein pal and Democrat (and Nikki Haley) mega-donor Reid Hoffman

- Democrats created a law (The Adult Survivors Act in 2022) to enable her lawsuit to proceed

- Her accusation is the exact plotline of an episode of Law & Order (one of her "favorite shows")

- Trump's Apprentice was also one of her favorite shows - She has a history of falsely accusing men of r*pe, including Les Moonves

- She told Anderson Cooper, "most people think of r*pe as being sexy. Think of the fantasies."

- She made a career promoting promiscuity, even writing glowingly of sexual assault and naming her cat Vagina
Most important fact is that Trump was found guilty and pays $83.3 million. Very simple

Upvote 0