• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Trump gives 2 hour speech at CPAC

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by essentialsaltes, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,404
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Actually I think this was to try to set a defense that the first time he asked Russia to get Hillary's emails that it was a joke. Even after he initially doubled down when being called out about it shortly thereafter.

2. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    At this point I think all of this is just an attempt by deep state to save their own hide. I have no reason to believe they will not find anything they so choose. Sorry, but I am 100% diametrically opposed. These investigations have no credibility to me at all.

3. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    I understand your reasoning in that point. To me it was all a joke from the beginning. Haven been on the receiving end of anti trump tyrades I learnt quickly anything would be done to destroy this man.

4. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Proof? Because he said it? Dog ate my homework?

Am I the only individual that found out something about someone that made you lose a friendship?

5. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Administrator Supporter

+5,487
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON
    This thread has had deep pruning due to a number of issues.
    Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF--that includes political groups. CF has both Democrats and Republicans. Blanket accusations of not having any moral character don't belong here.
    Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
    Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.
    This thread is about his speech, not anything else.

MOD HAT OFF

6. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+16,676
    Agnostic
    Single
    Sounds like there's no point in investigating ANYTHING then, and the only way to get the evidence which would (allegedly) convince you would be if Donald were to confess it himself.

7. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    I don't think we can continue this in this thread. I'm trying my hardest to not get in trouble here.

8. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,404
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    The crime is in lying about what the loan was for. Cohen took out a home equity loan to pay her. Cohen lied to the bank so it's fraud. Also if Trump reported the payment as an expense he can deduct for taxes, it may be tax fraud. It was hush money, not a retainer or tech services. They over paid Cohen to compensate for taxes he would have to pay on the money. We don't know how Trump reported it, but depending on how he did it, that can be additional charges.

AMI might be taken down over this also. Their paying Ms McDougal to kill her story should have counted as a campaign contribution. They were given immunity, but if the courts decide that threatening Bezos violated their agreement, they could be in big trouble.

9. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+5,336
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Except he was not joking about the “Russia, if you’re listening....” There are videos of him being interviewed about that reference in which he says he really would like the Russians to hand over the emails...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. TLK Valentine

+16,676
    Agnostic
    Single
    And nothing is capable of changing your mind.

11. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Not opinions and constant accusations. Nor feelings. I want to see what you have based your opinion on.

12. TLK Valentine

+16,676
    Agnostic
    Single
    No, you don't. You're against investigating Donald's finances almost as much a Donald himself is.

13. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Stop telling me what I am saying. I'm the one typing it and know my own meaning.

14. TLK Valentine

+16,676
    Agnostic
    Single
    Did you not say that all these investigations are simply ploys by the Deep State and the "Never Trump" cabal to oust him?

(Not your exact words, I know, but wasn't that your meaning?)

15. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Pretty much. I believe they will lie just to get Trump bound down in unending litigation. If I thought there was any credibility at all to their cause my attitude would be different. It's been 3 years of this. I'm not longer looking for a wolf no longer how loud they cry. Im done hearing it.

16. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,563
    Judaism
    Married
    No it wouldn't.

17. TLK Valentine

+16,676
    Agnostic
    Single
    Ironic, as that was Donald's signature legal tactic as a businessman.

Sounds like I pegged you correctly after all -- your mind is made up.

18. LostMarbels

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    What is this?

Can we talk about something other than me? I don't want to reiterate myself for the next couple of hours. Not my fault if you do not find my statement genuine.

The problem is nothing but emotionally driven comments are ever presented. Or accusations. However no one ever shows anything to base these on. So what am I to believe? An emotionally charged response to stimuli? I can respect your views, and even find them genuine, but it does nothing in the way of proving anything.

19. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,563
    Judaism
    Married
    You'd just find another theory to show how it isn't true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.