‘What An Embarrassment’: Left and Right Skewer CPAC For Low Attendance At MAGA Dominated Event

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The crowd, or lack thereof, at the Conservative Political Action Conference outside of Washington, DC raised eyebrows on Thursday as journalists and pundits across the political spectrum documented the poor turnout.

CPAC’s relevance has come under question in recent years as the event no longer includes a cross-section of the GOP and many of the speakers this year are fringe right-wing media figures like Steve Bannon, Mike Lindell, and conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec.

The conference, which used to draw top elected Republicans and every GOP presidential contender, is only attended by one sitting governor and a handful of members of Congress this year. Vivek Ramaswamy is the only 2024 candidate – other than Trump – who is set to address the conference.

Matt Schlapp, the chairman of the American Conservative Union that puts on CPAC, addressed the conference Thursday. Schlapp is currently facing multiple accusations of sexual assault and a $9 million lawsuit from a former male staffer over alleged sexual misconduct.
1708743643937.jpeg

“I’m here, and it hasn’t been empty. Lara Trump just said that it’s always darkest before the DON. Standing ovation,” wrote one CPAC attendee in response to Kassam, who replied:

You’re posting a picture from halfway up the room. My image shows the whole room. CPAC used to have 13,000 attendees. Your picture shows several hundred. Thank you for making my point. Enjoy your waste of time.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hope this shows that people are becoming aware of the hypocrisy of these imho Russian acolytes.
In 2021, this debacle alarmed even the most pro-Trump evangelicals:
The man who made the widely mocked golden statue of Donald Trump that appeared at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Florida this week spoke to POLITICO’s Playbook this Sunday, and said the statue was made in Mexico, where he resides.

Tommy Zegan, who is an expat on a permanent visa, said that it took 6-months to prepare the statue. Zegan and three other men in Rosarito, Mexico, molded the statue and painted it before transporting it to Orlando this weekend.

The statue was slammed by Trump’s critics as an example of hypocrisy, since Trump has a very large evangelical Christian base (who overwhelmingly attend CPAC every year) and the bible condemns idolatry

iu

After that. rational conservatives started avoiding what had turned into a cult worship service.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In 2021, this debacle alarmed even the most pro-Trump evangelicals:
The man who made the widely mocked golden statue of Donald Trump that appeared at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Florida this week spoke to POLITICO’s Playbook this Sunday, and said the statue was made in Mexico, where he resides.

Tommy Zegan, who is an expat on a permanent visa, said that it took 6-months to prepare the statue. Zegan and three other men in Rosarito, Mexico, molded the statue and painted it before transporting it to Orlando this weekend.

The statue was slammed by Trump’s critics as an example of hypocrisy, since Trump has a very large evangelical Christian base (who overwhelmingly attend CPAC every year) and the bible condemns idolatry

iu

After that. rational conservatives started avoiding what had turned into a cult worship service.
Well, yeah! It is sooooo obvious that this is idolatry and some Evangelicals are blind to it. And they get very defensive if it is pointed out to them. And how about the head of C-PAC caught up in a sex scandal.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think this CPAC is the hoedown where Matt Gaetz boasted about turning congress into a living h e ! !. The Conservative Political Action Conference seems to have a different mission statement than I would expect. Their behavior doesn't seem very conservative. I hope they improve their party sometime soon.

Upvote 0