Transgender "Inclusive"Language:Where does it end and begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What you're saying here is well established and I don't think anyone but an extremist would argue with the points you make. We're talking about the mentally ill accomodating the mentally ill.

Gender Dysphoria is not mental illness. As you say, "This is dogma, not reality. Saying it over and over does not make it true.". It is literally not defined as mental illness by the people who decide what mental illness is.

The question is: what are we going to do about it? I suggest, perhaps, "nothgendered" instead of "transgendered" as a noun. "Hallucinogendered" would also work. They both denote false perception. Even "fauxgendered" would work. When talking about normal people, use "eugendered", with "eu" being the prefix for good, true, or pure.

It's important to push back against subversive attempts to manipulate language; in doing so, you can bring clarity to the discussion.

So I should push back against these subversive attempts of yours to manipulate language? I shall.

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am offering how a person can make a show of something, and then the person can be targeted . . . or criticized . . . or both. I have made a show of things, and I got criticized, and I was targeted. This can go for anything. So, my point in the case of people wanting to be of a different gender is if they make a show of it, and make a point and project of making a show of it, they can find themselves being attacked or criticized or targeted or whatever . . . maybe much more than someone who just does it and does not make a point of advertising it.

While most of us would like to just coast through life and get our medical treatment as needed, society has roadblocks in place that force some of us to stand up and become targets to make change.

In my case, I don't buy people claiming to change their gender; but I have mainly my own correction which I need.

I'm not changing my gender. I'm adapting my body to match my gender. Attempts to force change onto someone's gender have failed. See the case of David Reimer as one example of this.

I think there is a lot more to our real identity, than only which sexual organs we were born with. So, I don't buy that sexual preference or gender is very much to do with real identity. But if people are somehow very into their preference and/or gender, then they can consider it to be their identity or their main identity.

It's a part of everyone.

And about our identity in Jesus > among other things, "there is neither male nor female", Paul says, in Galatians 3:28. So, if someone is very busy with their identity being connected with what organs they have on their body, this is being about physical things, and can be away from benefitting from all we can have as children of God . . . so more and better than our bodies' organs can get for us. But for certain people pleasure is a treasure, and sexual stuff can feel very nice; so ones can turn sexual parts and activities into an identity thing.

Transgender has nothing to do with having sex or with sexual orientation. It's about bringing our bodies into line with what our minds say is correct because the disconnect can cause serious problems.

I am not sure what you mean.

I mean that chromosomes aren't the end-all of what we appear as. Our genitals can not match our chromosomes at birth. In other words, someone who appears female physically can have XY chromosomes.

I mean that if a person is born with male parts, for one example, and then he seeks to be accepted as being a female, he is imitating what he is not. Because he is not a female.

I thought you were against the idea that our body parts define who we are? Are these not your words: "I think there is a lot more to our real identity, than only which sexual organs we were born with." So why are you now claiming that our body parts define who we are?

Plus, again, why so much emphasis on gender as being so big a deal for one's identity? ?

Outside of this topic, there isn't much emphasis on it. However, there are battles to be had for rights.

By imitate I mean acting and making oneself look like what someone is not. A man who makes himself seem like a woman is not a woman, just because he wants to be one.

That's a misunderstanding. It's not about "wanting" to be one. It's about being one despite what society wants to classify us because of our genitals, an idea you seem to sometimes understand and sometimes disregard.

It is not an identity thing, but simply how God has designed each individual. But this does not work with human self-effort; only God is able to bring us to all He has made us for.

Male body, female brain. If you want to believe that God was involved, then that's how God designed us. Transition is the most successful way of dealing with that disconnect at this time.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Transgender people are transgender because we are atheists?

That's going to surprise the Christian trans people.
Can't be a practicing sinner n be a Christian.... Yahweh talked a lot about sexual perversions if Yahweh condemned the fallen angels n Sodom n Gomorrah what more do u think he's going to do to those that will not repent!?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟916,124.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how those Christians who refuse to treat Transgenders with respect and compassion would react if we all started labeling them as Satanists? What is that? There are multiple reasons you are not really a satanist? Nope, sorry. You believe there is a literal Satan and you are therefore a satanist no matter what you say. I have decided it is so and therefore your experiences and the experts who deal with this no longer matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I wonder how those Christians who refuse to treat Transgenders with respect and compassion would react if we all started labeling them as Satanists? What is that? There are multiple reasons you are not really a satanist? Nope, sorry. You believe there is a literal Satan and you are therefore a satanist no matter what you say. I have decided it is so and therefore your experiences and the experts who deal with this no longer matter.
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can't be a practicing sinner n be a Christian.... Yahweh talked a lot about sexual perversions if Yahweh condemned the fallen angels n Sodom n Gomorrah what more do u think he's going to do to those that will not repent!?

Transition and transgender issues have nothing to do with homosexuality or having sex, nor does it have anything to do with being "arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy".

I'm still waiting for a good argument that transition is actually a sin anyway.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Transition and transgender issues have nothing to do with homosexuality or having sex, nor does it have anything to do with being "arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy".

I'm still waiting for a good argument that transition is actually a sin anyway.
Unity doesn't necessarily need to be uniformity....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

So, I take it you are not a practicing sinner? You never lie or look at women with lust or you never take the Lord's name in vain? You live a sinless life? Ah wait, before you answer that! Remember the Bible says whoever says they are without sin is a liar and the truth is not in them. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. If I may suggest before you or other Christians demand that someone else deal with their own sins by pointing them out, that perhaps it would be wiser and more honorable to worry about and deal with your own sins first. The Bible does say something about not worrying about the plank in your brother's eye when you have log in your own eye.

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Look I get that what I am saying will become a felony before its all said n done... I get that if ppl want to be apart must know the precepts, concepts n statues of Yahweh's kingdom n it takes self sacrifice.... Being Holy for He is Holy.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The Bible also says that if you break ONE commandment you are guilty of breaking them all (James 2:10). So, which commandments have you broken lately?

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Bible also says that if you break ONE commandment you are guilty of breaking them all (James 2:10). So, which commandments have you broken lately?
Justifications only sound good to those who are making them.... Shalom

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.