Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I count you as YEC because you assert the earth has no actual billions of years of age but was created 6000 years ago with embedded age. So that's enough for me to give you the name.
You'll end up confusing yourself, too.

And for the record, for someone who doesn't say what he is, you have some nerve telling others what they are.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And for the record, for someone who doesn't say what he is in his profile, you have some nerve telling others what they are.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

And for the record, for someone who doesn't say what he is, you have some nerve telling others what they are.

Well its more like not allowing you to confuse me. Its perfectly true that you don't believe the earth has actually orbited the sun more than 6 or 10 thousand times . . . . isn't it?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean you think Asia was post-flood?

Asia existed long before the Flood.

If you mean the Asians -- yes, you're correct.

The Asians came after the Flood.

But if Noah carried documentation of a red sun on to the Ark, then the Japanese may have picked up on it later when they came into existence (i.e., in the time of the early Sinites) and incorporated it on to their flag.
Come to think of it, although I did mean Japan and China, since the continental separation was likely post flood, the continents are also!!

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Huh? Mars has a gravity engine that can/did stall?

Mars is just smaller and therefore of less gravity, that's all.

The planet Mars shares numerous characteristics with our own. Both planets have roughly the same amount of land surface area, sustained polar caps, and both have a similar tilt in their rotational axes, affording each of them strong seasonal variability. Additionally, both planets present strong evidence of having undergone climate change in the past.

At the same time, our two planets are really quite different, and in a number of important ways. For instance, atmospheric pressure on Mars is only a fraction of what it is here on Earth – averaging 7.5 millibars on Mars to just over 1000 here on Earth. The average surface temperature is also lower on Mars, ranking in at a frigid -63 °C compared to Earth’s balmy 14 °C. And while the length of a Martian day is roughly the same as it is here on Earth (24 hours 37 minutes), the length of a Martian year is significantly longer (687 days).

But one big difference is that the gravity on Mars’ surface is much lower than it is here on Earth – 62% lower to be precise. At just 0.38 of the Earth standard, a person who weighs 100 kg on Earth would weigh only 38 kg on Mars.

This difference in surface gravity is due to a number of factors – mass, density, and radius being the foremost. Even though Mars has almost the same land surface area as Earth, it has only half the diameter and less density than Earth – possessing roughly 15% of Earth’s volume and 11% of its mass.
source: http://www.universetoday.com/14859/gravity-on-mars/

Nowhere... do I see mention of an active iron core within Mars
nor, what 'difference' it could make to gravity field on Mars

So the Moon, which is smaller still, has more 'gravity' than Mars (?)

:D

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder who they think they can blame the tools on? Aliens? animals? Ha

The simple answer is that their imaginary dates are nonsense.

‘Predate humans’: Stone tools made 3.3mn years ago found in Kenya

oldest-stone-tools-discovery.si.jpg

http://rt.com/news/260625-oldest-stone-tools-humans/
Yes, hominids used tools for hundreds of thousands, even millions of years ago. Quite interesting. All that time when various 'species' came and went of early 'humans'. I've always enjoyed this science. Especially knowing that God created each species down through time, as they came, and went, as species always do. Especially Adam and Eve and their descendents after their kind 6000 years ago in Mesopotamia somewhere, as recorded in Genesis. This is of course, the most incredible story of all, and how THEY'VE taken the world by storm, and now have filled it, even clear across from the east, even unto the west coasts, and the Islands afar. Just as He said He would spread His Word in us. Certainly the Word of God is the most incredible revelation to us of this last 6000 years, and the ultimate crowning achievement of God's intent with this planet. Then will the asteroid hit. Then is the end, when God is all in all.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, hominids used tools for hundreds of thousands, even millions of years ago. Quite interesting.
So they say. However the reasons they claim those ages happen to be only belief based.

All that time when various 'species' came and went of early 'humans'. I've always enjoyed this science. Especially knowing that God created each species down through time, as they came, and went, as species always do.

I thought that creation was finished by Genesis chapter two, so that any new species that came from the originals likely adapted and changed, or 'evolved'. For example say there are 30 species of tigers now...all from the one on the ark.

Especially Adam and Eve and their descendents after their kind 6000 years ago in Mesopotamia somewhere, as recorded in Genesis. This is of course, the most incredible story of all, and how THEY'VE taken the world by storm, and now have filled it, even clear across from the east, even unto the west coasts, and the Islands afar. Just as He said He would spread His Word in us. Certainly the Word of God is the most incredible revelation to us of this last 6000 years, and the ultimate crowning achievement of God's intent with this planet.

I suspect that it was after the flood when the huge land mass split apart and divided into the present continents. It is almost certain that what was once the garden of Eden would now be displaced, and maybe impossible to pinpoint. Since, for example Israel also moved, it is possible that present day Israel was much closer to the land where the Tigris and other rivers or what is left of them are! In other words, for all we know Eden could be close to where the temple mount now is.
Then will the asteroid hit. Then is the end, when God is all in all.

There is coming an end to this world we know, that is certain. A lot more than just an asteroid is heading here!

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
So they say. However the reasons they claim those ages happen to be only belief based.

I thought that creation was finished by Genesis chapter two, so that any new species that came from the originals likely adapted and changed, or 'evolved'. For example say there are 30 species of tigers now...all from the one on the ark.

I suspect that it was after the flood when the huge land mass split apart and divided into the present continents. It is almost certain that what was once the garden of Eden would now be displaced, and maybe impossible to pinpoint. Since, for example Israel also moved, it is possible that present day Israel was much closer to the land where the Tigris and other rivers or what is left of them are! In other words, for all we know Eden could be close to where the temple mount now is.

There is coming an end to this world we know, that is certain. A lot more than just an asteroid is heading here!
Actually they use proven dating processes.
And the flood was only 5000 or so years ago. No land masses altered then and no tigers evolved from one species into a bunch of other tiger species 5000 years ago... did you say that? Nothing has ever "evolved". And God has been obviously creating new species over and over down through time. We have an incredible record of it in archaeology. Yes that is recorded in Genesis in a "day form" (not 24 hours of course). I think maybe from your answer, you don't understand that life has been around for millions of years?
If not, that would be a "belief based" statement contrary to evidence. I wouldn't say that. I go by evidence, and the Word of God. A "day" is not always a "day" my friend...

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually they use proven dating processes.
And the flood was only 5000 or so years ago. No land masses altered then and no tigers evolved from one species into a bunch of other tiger species 5000 years ago... did you say that? Nothing has ever "evolved". And God has been obviously creating new species over and over down through time. We have an incredible record of it in archaeology. Yes that is recorded in Genesis in a "day form" (not 24 hours of course). I think maybe from your answer, you don't understand that life has been around for millions of years?
If not, that would be a "belief based" statement contrary to evidence. I wouldn't say that. I go by evidence, and the Word of God. A "day" is not always a "day" my friend...
Actually the process is not proven in any way. You were misinformed. The whole thing depends on present state laws that result in things like radioactive decay having existed in Adam or Noah's day. That is a belief and cannot be proven. There is no need to do mental gymnastics with the simple meaning of scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
\
Actually the process is not proven in any way. You were misinformed. The whole thing depends on present state laws that result in things like radioactive decay having existed in Adam or Noah's day. That is a belief and cannot be proven. There is no need to do mental gymnastics with the simple meaning of scripture.
If you just suggested that the laws of physics have been changed in a 5000 year period, just to prove the carbon dating process wrong, then you get an "F" in every class and flunk the entire year my friend :) Talk about "mental" gymnastics, whoa haha!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
\

If you just suggested that the laws of physics have been changed in a 5000 year period, just to prove the carbon dating process wrong, then you get an "F" in every class and flunk the entire year my friend :) Talk about "mental" gymnastics, whoa haha!
The bible suggests big differences I that day. God doesn't flunk. It is not just decay dating that would be affected by a whole different nature, but evolution rates, plant growth, lifespans etc.

Since science cannot prove a same state past, that means there is no reason to doubt God.

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
The bible suggests big differences I that day. God doesn't flunk. It is not just decay dating that would be affected by a whole different nature, but evolution rates, plant growth, lifespans etc.

Since science cannot prove a same state past, that means there is no reason to doubt God.
I don't doubt God one iota. You just believe falsely that someone told you that a day with the Lord is twenty four hours. God didn't make that mistake. You did. That's why you are all confuse, bypassing intelligence with blind faith. That makes all Christians look bad. You have the right idea, you just need to learn what a "day" is. Start here...

(2Pe 3:8) But forget not this one thing, beloved, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Try not to FORGET THIS...

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't doubt God one iota. You just believe falsely that someone told you that a day with the Lord is twenty four hours.

I never discussed that with you. Not an issue here. The issue is whether God gave us Scripture. The issue is your claim that science has reliable dating, that is based on something other than belief. You are wrong, simply confess.

You have the right idea, you just need to learn what a "day" is. Start here...

(2Pe 3:8) But forget not this one thing, beloved, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Try not to FORGET THIS...
The issue is not what a day is to the Lord. The issue is what a day is here and to man, which happens to be who He gave Scripture to!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Come to think of it, although I did mean Japan and China, since the continental separation was likely post flood, the continents are also!!
The flood Your talking about caused the break up of Pangaea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The flood Your talking about caused the break up of Pangaea.
Well maybe. Maybe not. It seems to me that a better timing for the rapid breakup of that big land mass would be after the floood. How else do we explain migration patterns, and how animals got certain places etc? What was the mechanism for a worldwide breakup by a flood??

I mean if we flood some valley or town it doesn't mean it splits in 6 parts does it? What about the heat that would produce, the world would be steamed to death would it not? You need more than a fly by comment here.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How does a flood break up a supercontinent? What about the other supercontinents that have existed - were they broken up by floods as well?
I see you also thought of those things.

Now for the separation that was somehow triggered by the change in fundamental forces and laws, I could think of some possible mechanisms. It also would explain why life wasn't steamed to death.

Oh, by the way I see you cite other supercontinents. Evidence? I think poor little so called science might be getting a little confused. The other time land and water was moved was in creation week. In both cases there was no killing heat by the way, indicating to me that the former nature was in place.

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought that creation was finished by Genesis chapter two, so that any new species that came from the originals likely adapted and changed, or 'evolved'.
For example say there are 30 species of tigers now...all from the one on the ark.

So, you admit, that lifeforms DO EVOLVE ?

Surely you meant to say "FROM THE TWO ON THE ARK" ?

dad said:

So you believe !!

The bible tells us, that the world is forever / His world without end

Does the Bible Say How the World Will End?
The Bible actually says that the earth abides forever, so then how can the Bible also declare the end of all things? You have seen the signs and placards that have sometimes declared “The end is near”. But does the earth actually end? The “end times” is more of a reference to the end of the age and not an actual end of the world or earth. It certainly does not mean the end of mankind. Jesus talked about the end of the age coming and that the end times would be like the days of Noah and like Sodom and Gomorrah (Luke 17:27-30). That is much like 2 Timothy’s description of the end of times but not of time itself. It is the end of the time of human self-rule.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/what-does-the-bible-say-about-how-the-world-will-end/#ixzz3f2l7t6op

http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow...y-about-how-the-world-will-end/#ixzz3f2l7t6op

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
okay dad
All along I have said; that chronology is the basis for your 'arguments'
God made the world in six days, and on the last day He 'created mankind'
At that time Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the sons of Israel,
and he said in the sight of Israel, “Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”

So, when was the moon created ?

Let me help you

¬v
  1. 4.5 billion years ago
  2. The moon was formed ~4.5 billion years ago, about 30–50 million years after the origin of the Solar System, out of debris thrown into orbit by a massive collision between a smaller proto-Earth and another planetoid, about the size of Mars.
  3. NASA scientist Jen Heldmann describes how the Earth's moon
    sservi.nasa.gov/.../nasa-scientist-jen-heldmann-describes-how-the-earths-mo...

Well maybe. Maybe not. It seems to me that a better timing for the rapid breakup of that big land mass would be after the floood. How else do we explain migration patterns, and how animals got certain places etc? What was the mechanism for a worldwide breakup by a flood??

I mean if we flood some valley or town it doesn't mean it splits in 6 parts does it? What about the heat that would produce, the world would be steamed to death would it not? You need more than a fly by comment here.

In its 4.6 billion years circling the Sun, the Earth has harbored an increasing diversity of life forms:

Periodic extinctions have temporarily reduced diversity, eliminating:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.