Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Conglomerate rocks are sedimentary rocks composed of individual rounded rock fragments or pebbles, which are known as clasts. These clasts are typically cemented together by a finer-grained matrix material, such as sand, silt, or clay. The clasts in conglomerate rocks can vary in size, ranging from small pebbles to larger cobbles and boulders.

And I am the product of two fused gametes from my mother and father. God still created me.

God's creative power and order is not contrasted with natural processes. Natural processes are God's creative power and order.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There ARE differences. In petrology, there is a recognition about the "original rock" and other "derived rocks".
For example, none of the rock we can find in the crust of the earth is "original". They generally think rock on some asteroids could be "more" original than others. It is funny that the "original rock" is still only a concept and not well defined.

It doesn't matter what natural processes gave rise to rocks of any kind. So no, there is no difference between rock created by God and naturally arising rock. All that exists exists because of God.

God created a universe in heavier elements are forged in the belly of stars, and when those stars reach the end of their existence, they explode. Heavy elements accrete due to gravity. I.e. "rocks".

The earth formed from an accretion disk of elements and dust left over after the formation of the sun, as rocky material collided with rocky material. So whether the rocks on our planet are from the original accreted material from billions of years ago, or acquired through collision with smaller rocky bodies such as asteroids much more recently. Rock is still rock, it is still created by God. How rock forms by natural processes doesn't change that it is still God's creation.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
We do NOT really know the rock-forming processes. All we know now are rough skeletal models.
This is well said in Job 38. Stand before God, no one can say: I know how was rock made.

Observed physics on how the universe works gives us a pretty good idea.

The point I am making, however, is that the natural order of creation is the power and work of God. We don't look at things that happen in nature and say, "that's nature, not God". It's not as though God created Adam and Eve, but didn't create you and me. Whether God directly takes a lump of dirt and forms it into a human, or if two gametes fuse and become a baby, or if something evolves over millions of years--that's all God's creative power at work in creation. That is the universe God made, and everything in this universe is His handiwork.

He who spoke all things into existence in the beginning, is the One who maintains all existence even now. He who made all things by His Word, holds all things together by that Same Word.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter what natural processes gave rise to rocks of any kind. So no, there is no difference between rock created by God and naturally arising rock. All that exists exists because of God.

God created a universe in heavier elements are forged in the belly of stars, and when those stars reach the end of their existence, they explode. Heavy elements accrete due to gravity. I.e. "rocks".

The earth formed from an accretion disk of elements and dust left over after the formation of the sun, as rocky material collided with rocky material. So whether the rocks on our planet are from the original accreted material from billions of years ago, or acquired through collision with smaller rocky bodies such as asteroids much more recently. Rock is still rock, it is still created by God. How rock forms by natural processes doesn't change that it is still God's creation.

-CryptoLutheran
Your answer gives a serious theological question: Is God still creating?
Your answer must be a Yes.
Mine is a big No. God is a wise creator, not a laborious technician. God creates Adam and Eve. But God does not create everyone else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Your answer gives a serious theological question: Is God still creating?
Your answer must be a Yes.
Mine is a big No. God is a wise creator, not a laborious technician. God creates Adam and Eve. But God does not create everyone else.

Then what you have is a Deist God, a clock maker who merely winds up the clock and set things into motion.

The Scriptures teach otherwise, Psalm 139:13-14.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
God's creative power and order is not contrasted with natural processes. Natural processes are God's creative power and order.
Laws are laws. If they are natural or Bible Laws. All of the universe started off the smaller than a mustard seed. God Justice is just as accurate and just as precise as any of the laws of the universe.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Then what you have is a Deist God, a clock maker who merely winds up the clock and set things into motion.

The Scriptures teach otherwise, Psalm 139:13-14.

-CryptoLutheran
God does not create any more, because there is no need to do that.
God does not interfere animal life. However, He does interfere human life.
But that is NOT creation.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every Scientific hypothesis is based on the formulated template – "If there's no God, how did we get here?"
It doesn't bring in God because God is not an answer to how. Even if God created we still have the question, "How?"

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
God does not create any more, because there is no need to do that.
God does not interfere animal life. However, He does interfere human life.
But that is NOT creation.

And I would not consider this Deistic approach to be theologically correct.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And I would not consider this Deistic approach to be theologically correct.

-CryptoLutheran
It makes no sense for God continuous to create after the Creation Day 6.
The Creation either finished, stopped, or goes on forever. Which one is "Good"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Did God make you? Yes or no?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Did God make you? Yes or no?

-CryptoLutheran
This is a key question.
Yes, I am created by God. But you forgot a key dimension. I am not created when I was born. I was created during the Seven Days of Creation.

If a god needed to create every human being 24/7 for thousands of years, then it is a real stupid god.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God declares the end from the beginning. He watches over HIs word to do what He says He will do.
God can do anything He says, but can not do things He says not to.
God says His Creation is Finished.
To have a new star, or a newly born human being, is NOT a creation.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems pretty clear that creation is an ongoing process. God sustains us in being in a dynamic creative act of love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This is a key question.
Yes, I am created by God. But you forgot a key dimension. I am not created when I was born. I was created during the Seven Days of Creation.

If a god needed to create every human being 24/7 for thousands of years, then it is a real stupid god.

Are you saying you pre-exist your conception? How were you created in the seven days of creation?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying you pre-exist your conception? How were you created in the seven days of creation?

-CryptoLutheran
Yes.
God creates me along with everyone else except Adam/Eve (made later of clay), may be on Day 2.

Upvote 0